Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Do you like the ideas described in this thread ?
Yes, I do ! For all of them 7 30.43%
No I don't even like one. 3 13.04%
Yes and no. (post pros and cons) 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
Hato (Paper_Mario) made it.

I think you are referring to the dance party ganis?
yeah.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 12-19-2009, 12:16 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
I heard about this thread, I didn't read it at all, sorry.

I don't think these ideas are something that can bring in a high amount of players that'll stay. Changes should be made before updates in my opinion.

I like the idea of a forcefield or something though..Maybe adding stats. Clothes adding stats? Don't like it, ruins the whole purpose of wearing something for a unique look.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I'm really happy to see some suggestions with some MEAT to them! Nice ideas
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Hold shift to run (with run gani ), rather than double tapping to move a tiny bit faster.

New Modes of gameplay on planets, modes like Zombie, VIP, Search and destroy, and Darkness! (Almost complete darkness/fog, bullets flash to reveal your presence...

Grenade clicking. I dislike grenades being pretty much like a directional fire gun. I'd like to see grenades being able to be thrown to a certain area you highlight with your mouse.

Perks! It's sorta unoriginal, but it makes so many games more fun, as you can from a few different perks! (Perks being abilities/skills that make you do something a little better; run a bit faster, shoot a bit faster, maybe phase out for a second (w/ a cooldown) to avoid bullets, more hp, more en....)

Flash grenades, smoke grenades! I had both on my old wartime server and they were fun! Flash grenades make the screen of the nearby enemies turn white for a moment (and the white fades out), Smoke grenades make the white cloudlike particles you can walk under and such.

More advanced Radar! I wanna see my allies moving smoothly when I press m, I don't want to see jerky teleporting markers.

Updated Landmine graphics....

An urban map (these were fun back in the sog days, though it wasn't exactly modern ,you had houses and such to enter all in one, big gmap. )

Highlighting! Press M and mark a position on the map for a few moments for all your teammates to see.

I have more, but I think I put enough XD
Old 12-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
very cool aeko!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry Soala but i think how zone is adding equipment that gives already elite players a bigger advantage would be a terrible development.

Oh and i love all of Aeko's ideas, if they were all implemented zone would be bad-ass .

Here's my 2pence:

Remove the weapons from the gelat shop, place them in the normal shop, and some in black market shops (because i liked the suggestion of quest for zone that i saw in a thread) which should accept cash and not gelats. Keep the pay monthly aspect of these weapons but also include an unlimited option which should cost a decent amount of cash.

To fill the gap that removing the weapons from the gelat shop would create: Clothes for gelats and widgets (things for healing like cookies) for gelats. limit all players to some basic set of clothes, have them pay gelats for clothes that last 1month/3months/6months/lifetime and widget packs. But because widgets could be bought for cash too, introduce new gelat only widgets like speed/armor/energy boost and ones for repairing their vehicle while they're in it.

I'm not sure if they're around, but some organized team based events are always good fun and bring the player-count up.

Heh again, hats off to Aeko, you really did cover alot of in-battle perks
Old 12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Make alot of blood come out of the people when they get hit by a bullet or a grenade etc.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Make alot of blood come out of the people when they get hit by a bullet or a grenade etc.
I'd love that too!
Maybe Stefan could even seperate bodyparts so if you shoot in your legs you can't move fast anymore or so...like COD

Old 12-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I'd love that too!
Maybe Stefan could even seperate bodyparts so if you shoot in your legs you can't move fast anymore or so...like COD
Ouch i got shot in my hand now my dual pistols went to single, That would be fun xD
Old 12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
head could mean vision
maybe have something like a drunk-effect
you walk in waves

Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Zone was always a skill based server that didn't go by how long you've been playing for benefits and whatnot, so I am against adding equipment for stats.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
I don't think these ideas are something that can bring in a high amount of players that'll stay. Changes should be made before updates in my opinion.
Ohhh yeah, completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Zone was always a skill based server that didn't go by how long you've been playing for benefits and whatnot, so I am against adding equipment for stats.
And I don't think some of these new players realize how unbeatable certain players will be if they get upgrades ontop of their current equipment...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Stop arguing on this, I was only throwing ideas together :P
Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
Okay so I considered how Zone was, and did a little brainstorming in my head in order to find some improvements to do.

Besides what I and the future staffs will be asked to do, here are my little ideas to improve Zone a bit. New ideas that involves new features, harder strategy to define for the player, and so on.

1) We all know vehicles like bikes can drop mines. A LIMITED ammount of mines.
A little feature to show the remaining ammount of mines left of the vehicle you are driving wouldn't hurt.

2)Still on the vehicles, you might know that you can destroy them. Would it be possible to involve some stuff to improve the vehicles ? I believe so, but what then ?
-Vehicles repairing hangout, including maybe new protections that you can buy for your vehicle, some upgradings and further more, adding more mines to your vehicle if you don't have any ?
-New vehicles abilities. Don't know yet how you'd be able to do that, but maybe something to add to your vehicle to make it fly, a bit like jetpacks ?
I completly agree here.

Quote:
New player power up and equipment giving more stats.
I would love to see this added, and I'm of course ready to help on this mostly:
Player equipments:
-Boots
-Vest
-Bandana/Beret/Helmet/Gas Mask
-Backpack?
-Anything else

Zone should have player statistics. Of course you can still choose your head, but other things like pants, helmet and such should be bought by the player to improve his own stats (more protection, etc..) This could also involve a rank-lock feature.

Oh god, this might be a little confusing, but I hope you see what I mean.

New planets
I believe a dropship battleground would be cool

Galaxy Fights ?
New outfits would be nice, but I'd say don't just add them to the outfit terminal, but give complete set of outfits for ganing a certian rank or achivments.

For example.

Reach Soldier Rank - Green soldier camo hat
Freeze 100 people - get a icy cape
Reach Elite rank - get a rambo outfit
Win 20 events - get prisioner outfit (there's already one made by jesper i think)
etc

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
Meh

But I don't like the idea of the clothes giving you extra bonuses :x just so they look rare/smooth on you.

About new planet... I'd rather you guys create more entretaiment to the dropships, like a REAL shot target range, with turrent AND guns. and other things.... like a lobby to eat just for fun or w/e.

Galaxy fights would be awesome, but I think Zone Staff should focus on other things first .
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Things to consider:

Items in the Gelat Shop that don't ruin the game.

Fixing the Trial Bar text's engrish, "Upgrade Now to get more weapons and more"