Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Events

Ok this is mostly a suggestion forum of what you would like to see hosted. So as they say on beyblade Let er rip!

So far I know I will see Events Dungeon, Soccer, Hockey, Even/odd, texas hold em.

but go ahead and suggest away. Depending on our time is what we will host.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I'd like to see a kart racing tournament, you host qualification races and the best 12 qaulify for the main tournament. It won't be just one race as those are mainly just decided by who is at the front, there will be 6 races that obviously consist of 2 racers each in the first round, your opponent will be chosen randomly as such. The top 6 qualifyers are asigned a number depending on who got the best times, the other 6 will then play a game of chance with a cube, if you land on 1-6 thats the racer you will race with, if you land on a number that has already been chosen you will have to roll again. obviously the last person will not roll, he/she will just be given the remaining racer.

1st round - 6 Races, 2 racers in each race
Winners of each race continue to round 2
2nd round - 3 races, 2 racers in each race
Winners of each race will advance to the 3rd and final round
3rd round, The Big Race - 1race, 3 racers
The winner will receive the Grand prize, A 1st place trophy (gold) and a bag of event prizes.
Second place will recive a 2nd place trophy (silver) and a lesser filled bag of event prizes.
Third place will recive a 3rd place trophy (bronze) and an almost empty bag of event prizes.

I'd also like to see a Soccer and Hockey Tournament
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Dark Ravenblade
hmmm
Old 03-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I held a bake-off about a year ago that was highly successful. People were required to bake rare breads and put them into a bag to submit, and they would be disqualified if they left after the contest started. Each type of bread had a point value, and the person with the highest point total by the end of the event was the winner. Second and third place got stuff too.

Make sure you remember that you have a whole system to work with, not just the event areas around the world. You could have harvesting contests, skiing races, treasure hunts, and so on.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:31 AM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
I've seen the bake-off on the events tab and often pondered how to do that. I like the system you used. I may just have to do that sometime.

A question though which bakery did you use?

-[email protected]
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
The only problem I see with the bake off is having a high mental gives you a large advantage.

I wanted to make a "Capture the Flag" event but have not had the time to do so.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Cooking competitions are really just decided by the mental level of the contestants, you'll see that those with a high mental level like 107 can bake rare breads almost all the time and can't people sneak in some pre-made rare breads before the event?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Cooking competitions are really just decided by the mental level of the contestants, you'll see that those with a high mental level like 107 can bake rare breads almost all the time and can't people sneak in some pre-made rare breads before the event?
We don't need a parrot to reapet what's already been said. Kyden just said that but in less words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
The winner will receive the Grand prize, A 1st place trophy (gold) and a bag of event prizes.
Second place will recive a 2nd place trophy (silver) and a lesser filled bag of event prizes.
Third place will recive a 3rd place trophy (bronze) and an almost empty bag of event prizes.
Define Event Prizes? I hope you don't mean stuff like Speed Ammy's and Pheonix set.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Dark Ravenblade
You notice he said bag of event prizes. Someone on teamspeak sayd gold trophy and 1k plat which seems fair to me.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
You notice he said bag of event prizes. Someone on teamspeak sayd gold trophy and 1k plat which seems fair to me.
That seems fair to me too.
1st place = 1000
2nd place = 500
3rd place = 250

Old 03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
That seems fair to me too.
1st place = 1000
2nd place = 500
3rd place = 250

Hmm how about gold trophy and 10k plat
silver and 5k plat
bronze and 2.5k plat
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
So basically a tournament that has the same exact prize, or even worse than a regular soccer match, how wonderful...

By event prizes i meant prizes at are handed out? The event items that you craft are not prizes, they just require prizes to make, they are just event items.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Dude just because you think we should give out a ton of prizes don't mean its going to work like that. We can't be bothering sam everyday for prizes. how would it look if i just got a refill and the 3 cups...hosted this and went back to him the next day for another refill? It won't look good. So I decided on the cup and either 10k plat, 5k plat and/or 2.5k plat depending on what cup you got.

I am not exactly overflowing with stuff of my own personal items to give out so where do you expect me to get this stuff? Ask sam...no. We have a set amount that we need to make last for at least a week. Be happy I asked him for the cups and that I am spending my time getting the stuff needed to alch the dopv.

I will say this in sort. Good idea but it sounds a bit too greedy to me. Gold cup which is rare enough and a bag of event prizes....thats way too much. gold cup and 10k plat is enough. if you have a problem with this then your welcome to pm Sam on the matter.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
ecs should be the only thing handed out in events, no big prizes like leaf shield, they should all be craftable
Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Are you saying great leaf shield should be craftable?...
I didn't mean that many prizes but as the prize stands now, normal soccer events give out more, per player on team. I was just thinking of the same bundle from soccer, 1Ec, 1Brutal, 1EA, 1IWD

1st = 1st place Kart Trophy, 1Event coin, 1Brutal Map. 1 Improve Weapon Damage, 1 Enchant Armour

2nd = 2nd place Kart Trophy, 1Brutal, 1 Improve Weapon Damage, 1 Enchant Armour

3rd = 3rd place Kart Trophy, 1 Improve Weapon Damage, 1 Enchant Armour

Total prizes given out: One 1st/2nd/3rd Kart Race Trophy, 1 Event coin, Two Brutal Maps, 3 Improve Weapon Damage, 3 Enchant Armours.