FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Zone Rank : God
pico57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to pico57
omg.
Next time remove legs from runner its gonna be faster na?
its will close the problem.

-they already removed the JP from Hotkeys
You dont like runner, just dont play.

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-02-2009 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: Stop insulting people
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
this is what we should do,
remove the hotkeys and replace the inventory with the old one, because
1) hotkeys makes everything worse, example, you never use sounds anymore because your 0to9 keys are already taken! you also don't have to be skilled to put out a new gun in a sec of a fight, u just hit a key!

2) it was faster to find stuffs and did look alot better on zone.
ever since the gui took over everything looks so ugly, take the stat board for example, sure it was hard to update it with limited space, but hey, ever heard of scrolling and iconized buttums where u can change view (globalstats/yourstats)?

oh and, isnt this all stefans ideas?

oh and, if this was off-tropic, split it to a new thread >:o
and if it was off-tropic i would like to go on-tropic, i agree with others, jettys ARE NOT the problem!
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 09-02-2009 at 07:05 PM..
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
How arn't jetty's a problem exactlyyyyyy, like they're fine for when people use them to get places, but if you played zone lately you realise alot of people fight get low hp and run on a jetpack across the map, that makes people leave zone and stop playing it, jetpack used to be used to just get to battle because back then people had balls but people saying it's not the problem arn't exactly playing zone anyway.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Wizard of the Hood
doyouskate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I found the old interface to be faster, and also think that hotkeys should be removed.
I agree I could get to anything real fast with the old gui. Just remove the hotkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
How arn't jetty's a problem exactlyyyyyy, like they're fine for when people use them to get places, but if you played zone lately you realise alot of people fight get low hp and run on a jetpack across the map, that makes people leave zone and stop playing it, jetpack used to be used to just get to battle because back then people had balls but people saying it's not the problem arn't exactly playing zone anyway.
I don't see why anyone would leave Zone cause someone ran from them. IMO it's like 'dam i just made that kid run i'm gewd'
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouskate View Post
I don't see why anyone would leave Zone cause someone ran from them. IMO it's like 'dam i just made that kid run i'm gewd'
It's pretty irritating, they're just too scared to die,
Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
I like it, it might run Dutchies out of Zone =]
ysomean?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
example of someone, they start killing someone they run off with a jetpack, then a short time later they find another person start killing them and they run off with a jetpack and they'll just think well this is pointless and log off
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pico57 View Post
omg.
Next time remove legs from runner its gonna be faster na?
its will close the problem.

-they already removed the JP from Hotkeys
You dont like runner, just dont play.
You're part of the people constantly using jetpack, of course you wouldn't want this.
Your bias opinion means nay.

It's not a major issue compared to a number of other things, but it is a problem within Zone. People need to man up and quit worrying over a death or bounty, if you don't wanna die or keep a bounty be a man and actually live in battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouskate View Post
Killing someone is rather the point of Zone, no one would play Zone to have everyone run from him until he finally runs outta healing items and die. Zone's better when you don't have every single player jet packing away.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
i was thinking of an idea dunno if it's been said before but for example you shoot someone and they can't use their jetpack for 5 seconds, if they get shot again the timer resets
Amazing idea, it makes complete sense too. I'd lower the timer to 3 seconds though. Doing this has no impact on those who use the jetpack as a method of transportation towards battle. The only people who should be bothered by this idea are those who run from battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Zone's better when you don't have every single player jet packing away.
There would slim to never be an instance where every single player runs from you with a jetpack.

Quote:
How arn't jetty's a problem exactlyyyyyy, like they're fine for when people use them to get places,
Jetpack isn't the problem. But none the less, your idea is a good one. People using the jetpack are the problem.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There would slim to never be an instance where every single player runs from you with a jetpack.
That wasn't a literal statement..
The thing is using jetpack for running is a new trend, meaning that since only a portion of Zone actually has a jetpack, not many can do it. It's a trend though, so players instantly assume it's okay to do once it happens to them over and over when they get their hands on a jetpack.

Quote:
Doing this has no impact on those who use the jetpack as a method of transportation towards battle. The only people who should be bothered by this idea are those who run from battle.
Pretty sure my idea is the same way.
I think mine is more affective. I can easily dodge for 5 seconds while running. Totally doesn't stop jetpacking away, where as my idea I don't see anything really wrong with it.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I found the old interface to be faster, and also think that hotkeys should be removed.
Oh my god yes, 100percent!
Someone please bring back the old gui or give us the option to use either.
I found the old much faster and was acustom to it before they screwed us over with something which just emphasises the point of "if it aint broke, don't fix it", or ruin it i should say in this case...

Quote:
The old days bred warriors, who weren't pansys and didn't flee from death. Unfortunately we're too awsome, and strike fear into newbie souls, hence the running

I say put the sniper in cash shop and sniper be the solution to jetpack runners for all instead of jus for those 'elite' / 'sad' gamers who actually PAY for guns . I mean, could easily encorporate the blowing up jetpack thingy AND the timer, so people don't think jetpack = immunity. 30dmg + onfire and you can't use jetpack for the next 5 minutes or until you re-enter through the dropship.

Also, kinda ridiculous how a guided missile can't shoot down a jetpack user because he's hovering in one place...
Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
old gui/no hotkeys where better.

the hotkey system tottaly ruined the whole 2 handed system, which was designed im sure to prevent swift switching of rifles and such things, everything is worse now!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
Here's an idea: greatly increase the energy consumption of the jetpack, rendering it unable to cross over large areas, but still useful for scaling cliffs. Even though they'll be able to get away over a cliff or wall, they'll have to stop right on the other side, where you'll be able to fire after them if you don't have a jetpack to counter their escape. They still have an advantage, but it won't do them any good unless they're near a cliff or obstacle of some sort.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
Just make things like Streamer and Taze bombs make Jetpacks failure
Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionJS View Post
Just make things like Streamer and Taze bombs make Jetpacks failure
oh god no.

adding some kind of timer is the way to go if we can't get the old gui back (and removal of hotkeys).
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Closed Thread