Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 08:14 PM
The Shellbullet
Tails_night is on a distinguished road
Shrines to the Gods

I was Thinking that maybe the altars could be changed into shrines and have the altars placed INSIDE the shrines, the shrines yould depict the character of their God, maybe statues or murals or sumthing IDK, somehow depict the charecter of their god, have sorta the same colors on the outside as the color of the gem atop the altar, and also maybe when and if there ever is a day/night GFX enabled, then have a glow around the shrine at night, and the glow would match the colors of the god.

favorite quote, Alan Steele"Posting in the forums is like cutting your hand and shoving it in a tank full of sharks" XD nice ring, humor, and truth to it
Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 AM
DraxxTeazok is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DraxxTeazok
not bad

i like the idea really, it would be nice if they each had a temple that would kind of depict who they are and what they do. then they could also make it where people could not attack you while your blessing in battle mode, which is very helpful. if they wanted to they could even set up where you choose your god differently so each player can only go inside their own gods temple, not only could it be used as a safe haven when your in trouble, but players could not get inside each others temple and try to cause trouble. plus you couldn't accidently pray in the wrong place and lose exp, i know that sounds stupid, but trust me it happens ever now and then.

Problem with this whole idea is the work that it would require and the lack of people to do said work. i think it should be something for staff to keep in mind for the future though. =P
Old 06-02-2006, 01:51 AM
The Shellbullet
Tails_night is on a distinguished road
yes, BUT now the whole consencrate, now that'd be sumthing to look forward to doing in times of war XD

favorite quote, Alan Steele"Posting in the forums is like cutting your hand and shoving it in a tank full of sharks" XD nice ring, humor, and truth to it
Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Master Of Chaos
cutelilmurderer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to cutelilmurderer Send a message via AIM to cutelilmurderer Send a message via Yahoo to cutelilmurderer
Hey that is a cool idea. The shrines have needed a makeover for a while. I walked by the Ogma Altar and saw people crowding all over the place trying to get a seat. It happens to me frequently at the altar of Govannon. Not that it's a huge problem or anything, just a minor inconvenience.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
Heh, this just crossed my mind, how about letting anyone in, and if you follow that god and are attacked, the god just flat out kills the offender with no warnings, and anyone following the opposite god gets killed the instant they step into the shrine.

That thought made me smile haha, but it doesn't need to be added.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanted to bring this topic back up and maybe expand on it a little. It would be cool if each god had a shrine and dungeon. at the end of the dungeon you had to take on each god. if you were to make aengus and leucitious enemies, then the blessing of each god could hurt the enemy god more? could have all kinds of possibilities with this. but it doeas sound like a lot of work. just throwing this out there.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Alot of work for basically bonus content while we still don't have nearly enough core content. Would be very cool though, but it's one of those far off dreams, however, God-related dungeons / instances are an easy RP-friendly way to introduce new area's of levelling which are core content and currently, very much needed. They could/would serve as the foundations of your idea Viper
Old 05-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Duergar
I would just like to see all the gods used more. =) Start off small like you said... then work our way up to something like this =)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Chris500 is on a distinguished road
Before we have dungeons with enemies of gods, we should make the gods slay-monster types into actual monsters.. e.g.

Faerie, Dwarf (Ogma)
Goblin, Orc (Govannon)
Demon (DianCecht, yes I know but more variety)
Angel (Balor)
Undead (Brigid, more than skeletons, zombies and vampires. Stuff inbetween.)

etc.

Someone just needs to create images for them and i'm sure Tig could figure out how to implement them ingame somehow.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Duergar
great idea. =O

Govannon and ogma are enemies. So in the ogma dungeon you could add the goblins and orcs... in the govannon dungeon you could add Dwarves and fairies... each god would have the monsters of their enemies. but do all gods have slay something? i can't remember. If not you could make something up for them. This is all probably just wishful thinking... but maybe sometime down the road if these monsters are added I will bring this topic back up again.

a lot of people crypt now instead of grinding on brutals and immenses. I think somthing like this would kill the maps... but this is what gk needs. It doesn't have to be uber exp. just more than what we have.. excluding crypt.

The long time it takes to lvl is ok for some people. The attitude of the longer it takes to lvl the longer the players will play is not really a good attitude for a mmo. a few additions like this would attract more of the casual gamer than anything. If you can actually reach max lvl in all skills without abusing bugs, in an alright ammount of time. more people would play... and therefore more money for the owners. =)
Old 06-17-2011, 06:38 PM
SlyRemixed is on a distinguished road
I'd like it if inside the shrine PK was disabled, because every time you bless something in the altar, you may get lamed if you're using luck+ items that make you slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
Govannon and ogma are enemies. So in the ogma dungeon you could add the goblins and orcs... in the govannon dungeon you could add Dwarves and fairies... each god would have the monsters of their enemies. but do all gods have slay something? i can't remember. If not you could make something up for them. This is all probably just wishful thinking... but maybe sometime down the road if these monsters are added I will bring this topic back up again.

a lot of people crypt now instead of grinding on brutals and immenses. I think somthing like this would kill the maps... but this is what gk needs. It doesn't have to be uber exp. just more than what we have.. excluding crypt.
I totally agree with you, it would be like adding more dungeons, but dungeons that actually give experience and not like the dungeon at main island that only helps when you're lvl 5 lol.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Duergar
yes, some decent experience would be nice. alos would be fun to fight enemy gods. =)
Old 06-18-2011, 07:50 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
What monsters would Brigid have? Spirit mages?

Angels is Diancecht so ya.