Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-02-2006, 05:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
They should raise the price for playerworlds... Not lower them.
I agree here. How many hosted PW's have gotten anywhere since paying for servers startd? 6? 7?

Higher price = less private servers = more WOAH LOOK COOL SERVER IN DEVELPOETMNN!!1
Old 04-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
lots of folks that buy a PW probably do it because they want power and cannot get that power by being a staff on someone elses PW, or as someone stated they have ideas and don't realize that they may not have anyone looking to help once they do make the purchase.

There should be questions asked first, like "Is anyone interested in this project? I'll need X ammount of LATS or GATS any other skilled people in certain areas and we can make a server, here's my ideas." but with all the playerworlds being made and that have been made already the number of folks actually LOOKING for work is almost nothing ,or (this is really what some folks are like now, selfish and don't care about hurting others) those ideas would be stolen and used by someone else before the project gets underway, so those players want to protect an idea or two and make their own PW and only give the info to anyone they hire.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I think a higher price would be a great idea.

It would centralize the development community more than it is right now.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i agree with prota***nist

Old 04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectigi
I totally agree with him, they should raise the price, then less people open servers that will die...
Raise the price of them, I totally agree.

BUT you should also allow classic accounts to access playerworlds they are staff on if you do this. Otherwise it simply becomes less and less fair. Three of my staff, the only graphics capable graphics people I could find able to do the kind of gfx I need.. dont have Gold/VIP so they cant even see their work used.

I really think that raising the price would be great BUT should make it a contract agreement.

IE:
1 Year PW - $10/month Would be $120

But you have to make sure you make it available to pay monthly.. its not easy for me, an adult just getting on my feet, to shell out that much money all at once.

PAY MONTHLY AND RAISE THE PRICE AND GIVE CLASSIC ACCCESS

is what im saying
Old 04-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakken
Most of the best developers refuse to work on hosted projects so there is not really any drain on the game currently. The reason for the decline is that most of the early developers have grown up and moved on and there hasn't been enough of a supply of new people to take their place.
I agree with most of that. I don't agree with this. The only half-decent scripters on Classic are Master Storm, Ibonic, GrowlZ, and myself. GrowlZ more freelances around a bit, Ibo doesn't participate in staff activity. Storm's activity got a buzz for a bit when we had a try to temporarily integrate his systems with the new ones I made (and we really need a Dev server so that we can really just switch the control NPC to my systems). Storm is away for a while, so that leaves me as Classic's only mainstream scripter. DC is getting a kick out of scripting for GC, and getting a bit of good experience, such that I'd actually like to recruit him for non-GC projects if he weren't unwilling. The only other scripter on the staff list is Yen, who forgets he is staff on Classic because he's working all over the place. I keep him there, though, because he's been more qualified than anyone else who has applied. So, if I need him, I'll try to get him.

I mean, people are making business scripting for developing PWs. Some of the PW owners are actually paying people to make tilesets, etc. It's not such a bad tactic. Unfortunately I don't have any money derrr... Yea, I'm absolutely not being paid for being LAT Admin.

I've spent a lot more time tiling the past week than I have scripting-- I can give you that. I also get involved in graphics a bit, but usually just cleaning up a graphic or making a prototype sprite to go by (ex. horses).

So yea, don't know anyone who can tile cliffs right except for myself. Maximus is the other person I know to do cliffs well... I think he may have quit or something. It's a shame, I respected his judgement more than he knew.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:15 PM
lancelot9 is on a distinguished road
140-160 USD to attract more players to the game. You paying to help Stefan and Unix. What good people we all are.
How retarted.

Im cool because I can make outside levels with a tileset.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Retired Graalian (2009)
MegaMasterX90875 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MegaMasterX90875
O_o Here's my take on this. [rant]First off, playerworlds can become great experience for those developers (like myself) out there. If you're just a regular player, it's really dumb to get a PW. I myself am considering purchasing a PW, because I'm a developer. And sometimes I ask for scripting/GFX help here and there but most of the time I can figure out stuff for myself. Again, if you're not gonna use a PW, don't buy one.
[/rant]

Old 04-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Ex-NAT
centauriongod is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to centauriongod Send a message via MSN to centauriongod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie
This thread is officially retarded. It was started by someone who has no basic business knowledge and Krakken's reply was the best one.

HELP I BOUGHT A PW BC I HAD AN IDEA AND NOW I CANNOT FIND ANYONE TO WORK FOR FREE ON IT ((((( THIS GAME IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN!!!

I haven't found a server yet that appeals to me; Zone did before it was taken down for like half a year but now it dosn't anymore. So I just go on classic for 10 minuites and chat then log off.
Ive been playing this game since the start, and the only job I had whas NAT Admin on UN for 5 years, in the meanwhile ive helped some other servers and ran my own but thats long ago, oh and by the way keep these posts for yourself it just spoils the mood and its offtopic! thank you
Old 04-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauriongod
Ive been playing this game since the start, and the only job I had whas NAT Admin on UN for 5 years, in the meanwhile ive helped some other servers and ran my own but thats long ago, oh and by the way keep these posts for yourself it just spoils the mood and its offtopic! thank you
I'll post whatever I want, and I don't care what experience you have running servers; you still don't have any common business knowledge. Don't cut yourself.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned
DARKVILLIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DARKVILLIN
I kind of think having to submit your server to get it UC was nice back in the day. I realize for developers (especially scripters) it can be a hastle because you can't test stuff serverside =/...I think all the inactive private/UW playerworlds should be taken off the server list...I understand there would be a huge issue with what servers would be allowed to stay...so that couldnt really work =/...I will agree, that the developers of graal are so spread out...and pretty much if we all came together, geeze what a server would be made. But then again...everyone's ideas are different and there would be no competition. I'm kinda lost on this subject and a decent solution as well
Old 04-04-2006, 04:54 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I agree with the stricter requirements for buying a server, there should be some way to be able to develop a small amount of a server without actually buying one to test stuff. Like a revision to graal editor, except more like an integration of RC and Client and the Ccurrent graal editor. You would log into it, all players have a specific area in one single large server and can develop and test things that only they can see. Then when they decide they want to have it tested to see if it can become a UC playerworld they can submit their request and account name, and someone like Stefan, Unix, or Spark could view their accounts serverspace and see if it is worthy. Of course this couldnt just happen entirely for free, I imagine this would cause gold/vip prices to go up a little, bot nothing drastic I would think.

I also agree with the monthly payment solution. But at a different way. private UC playerworlds should cost the most, 15-20 dollars a month. While hosted servers would cost 10-15 dollars a month. And then the classic servers wouldnt cost a thing, as normal, or for the unpopular classic servers (which shouldnt be classic in the first place) would maybe pay $5-10 a month.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-04-2006, 04:58 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
I agree with the stricter requirements for buying a server, there should be some way to be able to develop a small amount of a server without actually buying one to test stuff. Like a revision to graal editor, except more like an integration of RC and Client and the Ccurrent graal editor. You would log into it, all players have a specific area in one single large server and can develop and test things that only they can see. Then when they decide they want to have it tested to see if it can become a UC playerworld they can submit their request and account name, and someone like Stefan, Unix, or Spark could view their accounts serverspace and see if it is worthy. Of course this couldnt just happen entirely for free, I imagine this would cause gold/vip prices to go up a little, bot nothing drastic I would think.

I also agree with the monthly payment solution. But at a different way. private UC playerworlds should cost the most, 15-20 dollars a month. While hosted servers would cost 10-15 dollars a month. And then the classic servers wouldnt cost a thing, as normal, or for the unpopular classic servers (which shouldnt be classic in the first place) would maybe pay $5-10 a month.
That sounds good to me.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.