Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Guild Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Turks

Is this guild allowed? The world "Turks" is not copywritten, so would there be any problems getting it made?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:38 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
so would there be any problems getting it made?
"Getting it made"? Turks has been around for years.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:19 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
"Getting it made"? Turks has been around for years.
Nemesis had a grudge against it, along with King Arthur. We had to go underground. Remember TNA? It really stood for Turks: New Age.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:28 AM
VulcanP2P is on a distinguished road
I would have no problem with it.

For Zone or Guild Support use the Support Center
Old 04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
From where did you decide to get the name Turks? From Final Fantasy VII (which was what the original one was based off of I do believe)? Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?

I honestly don't think Vulcan puts any time into researching origins of the names people use for guilds.

Last edited by maximus_asinus; 04-07-2006 at 06:10 PM..
Old 04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
DIABLO2099 is on a distinguished road
Final Fantasy

Call me Xecutor.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
There are many different origins for the word Turks. From the information I have there is nothing wrong. However if I were to review it and find it was being used to copy Final Fantasy or to insult/mock a group of people it wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure that the use in Final Fantasy was derived from the Ottoman Turks in one way or another...

Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
From where did you decide to get the name Turks? From Final Fantasy VII (which was what the original one was based off of I do believe)? Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?

I honestly don't think Vulcan puts any time into researching origins of the names people use for guilds.
There are many, many different uses for the word "Turks".
Old 04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Turks is old. And Gaudy.

The latter is true for all guilds though.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?
I don't see how Turks is a "semi offensive slang term". All the Turks I know of don't get offended by Turk or Turks (although I guess the proper way of saying it is Turkish).
Old 04-08-2006, 02:33 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I don't see how Turks is a "semi offensive slang term". All the Turks I know of don't get offended by Turk or Turks (although I guess the proper way of saying it is Turkish).
I'm quite sure in the old debate to why The Turks should be disbanned we had actual people from Turkey post and say how offensive it was.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Banned
Quote:
I'm quite sure in the old debate to why The Turks should be disbanned we had actual people from Turkey post and say how offensive it was.
I think their offensiveness was encouraged by Nemesis.

Seriously, Nemesis was a total **** about Turks. He used to go on UN and threaten the staff that if they uploaded it again, UN would be removed.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:30 AM
I'm not letting this thread just revive some stupid old argument. I've already made my opinion clear on the matter--as was the point of this thread--and it will remain that unless I see something that deems it innappropriate or a higher admin decides that they do not want it allowed.

Otherwise, thread closed.

Closed Thread