Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2007, 02:28 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
And they both die at the same time?
The French government takes possession of the game and tries to find a buyer for it. We pool our money and get it. Then we purge the staff, ending the oppression of the human race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Cyberjoueurs isn't a stock listed company.
A corporation can sell shares directly instead of going through the stock market, you know.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nintendo takes over.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
A corporation can sell shares directly instead of going through the stock market, you know.
Yeah but as far as I know even companies that aren't publicly listed still need to make external reports for current and prospective investors. :{
The only way around it would be to have investors that don't have some 'stock' share in company. They would be stakeholders but wouldn't have any entitlement (except legal entitlement to the value of their investment based upon some contractual agreement). I think.

The fact that Cyberjoueurs is a 'company' and not a 'sole proprietorship' or a 'partnership' would mean that there is more than just Unix at the top, but like I said before, since we can't know the corporate structure we can't make any more inferences. :{
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I've often wondered that myself...
I mean, so much of Graal rests on the hope that nothing bad ever happens. For years and years, if I vanished Graal woulda been in trouble...then we got all these PWs, now it's just like if Beorn vanishes, Kingdoms freezes and decays...but Stefan could get it going again, so it's not a problem. If any given Classic coder vanished, their assistants could get things going again (after the requisite two years of rewriting the system NPC to "make sense")...
but if Stefan dies, who else knows how to code Graal?
Did he really comment it all properly?
Would anyone be able to figure out what's causing such and such a bug and fix it, and release a fixed version?

Unixmad's place is a bit less specific but just as exclusive: say he has a heart attack allofasudden, I'm guessing he's willed it to his wife. What if she deigns to sell it off? What if it gets bought up by RagOnline or MaplStory and they decide to scrap it just to eliminate potential competition, put a redirector in its place? Not to open the "IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF NINTENDO BOUGHT GRAWL BC UNIX RUNS IT BAD AND BANNED ME 4 HAXING LOLZ!" debate again, but where's Graal gonna Really find a producer/webhost/etc. willing to take the kind of losses Unixmad has weathered, absorb the debt Graal's accrued, and still keep the bloody thing going?

It's somewhat apocolyptic. I hope that, in the event martians abduct France as a whole, they've made plans to take care of us.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Wow.. try worrying about your own life, instead of some owner of a game you'll never meet.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Wow.. try worrying about your own life, instead of some owner of a game you'll never meet.
THIS SIS MY LIFE@@! YOU DON"T T AKE GRAL SERIOSULY ENOUGHG> I LIVB FOR THIS GAME#!~!!!!!! TUF GO DIE AS ASD.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:24 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
if Beorn vanishes, Kingdoms freezes and decays...
Clearly you don't know much about 2K2.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
*shrugs* It's less a specific statement of fact and more a general example of single-coder projects. Once upon a time Kyle0654 wrote a bank card for Classic and left. A year later the engine updated and the card broke. Despite the script's expert commenting, it still took me a week to figure out WHY it was supposed to work, then why it Wasn't working before I could fix it...

No matter how good the G2K2 team is, good luck adding something to the mudlib server code without Stefan...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
*shrugs* It's less a specific statement of fact and more a general example of single-coder projects. Once upon a time Kyle0654 wrote a bank card for Classic and left. A year later the engine updated and the card broke. Despite the script's expert commenting, it still took me a week to figure out WHY it was supposed to work, then why it Wasn't working before I could fix it...

No matter how good the G2K2 team is, good luck adding something to the mudlib server code without Stefan...
Stefan is still coding almost everything of GK, so wheres the problem?;o
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Stefan is still coding almost everything of GK, so wheres the problem?;o
And he dies? this thread is about waht if Stefan and/or Unixmad dies not the present (much)
Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
What if it gets bought up by RagOnline or MaplStory and they decide to scrap it just to eliminate potential competition, put a redirector in its place?
lol...
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And he dies? this thread is about waht if Stefan and/or Unixmad dies not the present (much)
Oh...yea, you are right. Eh well, dunno what will happen if they die, and I wont really think about it ;o
Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Anti-Graal's final solution?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotoo2 View Post
Anti-Graal's final solution?
Nah. Their final solution is more like 'Super hax money clipping Era UN keylogger trojan v8.exe'
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Nah. Their final solution is more like 'Super hax money clipping Era UN keylogger trojan v8.exe'
I solute you, dear virus keylogger trojan, just to die -.-

Back on topic.
WTF WHY DO YOU FRIGGIN' CARE YOU'LL JUST GET SKINNIER SO YOU CAN'T NOT MOVE EVERYWHERE -.-
I take it like this: The moeny to play this game is so high, so I don't care that much.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.