Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Oh wow, that is way too technical for me.. sometimes it takes me hours just trying to figure out something if I come up to a difficult math problem that I'm not too sure what to do with..

However, luckily for me, it is only the intro an I don't think anyone will be going to any events... "However, now that you mention it, I probably do need to look into that depending on what client.intro # one is on."

Anything past the intro I'm not too worried about, but I will admit Classic is all around better lol, some of the things I've seen, I've never dreamed of seeing happen.. Moving smoothly against a cliff it self was mind-blowing..

Personally, I can't even wrap an idea of what the system is or does exactly, but I don't mind scripting it out. ^.^;

But I do think a lot of people, those with an open mind, will like the intro very much.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I do have an open mind and I don't like the intro, having just tested it out.

First off, the brick walls look like made them using a blindfold - even when it's perfectly possible using pics1.png.

Second of all, there are some tile errors around the place outside. (Except David K insisted that they weren't tile errors even though they clearly were.)

Third of all, the character's need to go back to second grade English. Things like "thanks father" or "my fathers'" or "that costed" riddle all of the NPC chat.

Fourth of all, a major issue is the way that only parts of certain furniture (i.e. table) are images therefore your nickname looks like someone sawed out part of the middle. It's not consistent at all and just looks dinky. (This is fine, apparently. My suggestion to fix this was ignored.)

Fifth of all, I got stuck on the staircase and froze. Then I reconnected and had to start all over. This happened twice.

Last and most importantly, the quest is rather bland. The player comes down from their bedroom into their father's room to be told that his glove is missing. The player then goes outside, goes through one outdoor level, and then goes through bushes to get the level 2 glove. They then bring it back to their dad who tells them to take it. (???) Finally, the player gets another splendid view of the tile errors as they pick up rocks and enter a cave. This was as far as it was developed as I played.

If Shaded Legend wants to go anywhere, it needs two major things:

Quality. There's very little quality in the tileset, levels, events, graphics, etc. They still get rave reviews because none of the Shaded Legend players who log in seem to care about quality. This will change once players used to the great quality of quests from, say, Classic start playing.

Staff who realize that they aren't perfect in everything they do. I get the general gist form all of the staff that everything is PERFECT and therefore my feedback is invalid.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I do have an open mind and I don't like the intro, having just tested it out.

First off, the brick walls look like made them using a blindfold - even when it's perfectly possible using pics1.png.

Second of all, there are some tile errors around the place outside. (Except David K insisted that they weren't tile errors even though they clearly were.)

Third of all, the character's need to go back to second grade English. Things like "thanks father" or "my fathers'" or "that costed" riddle all of the NPC chat.

Fourth of all, a major issue is the way that only parts of certain furniture (i.e. table) are images therefore your nickname looks like someone sawed out part of the middle. It's not consistent at all and just looks dinky. (This is fine, apparently. My suggestion to fix this was ignored.)

Fifth of all, I got stuck on the staircase and froze. Then I reconnected and had to start all over. This happened twice.

Last and most importantly, the quest is rather bland. The player comes down from their bedroom into their father's room to be told that his glove is missing. The player then goes outside, goes through one outdoor level, and then goes through bushes to get the level 2 glove. They then bring it back to their dad who tells them to take it. (???) Finally, the player gets another splendid view of the tile errors as they pick up rocks and enter a cave. This was as far as it was developed as I played.

If Shaded Legend wants to go anywhere, it needs two major things:

Quality. There's very little quality in the tileset, levels, events, graphics, etc. They still get rave reviews because none of the Shaded Legend players who log in seem to care about quality. This will change once players used to the great quality of quests from, say, Classic start playing.

Staff who realize that they aren't perfect in everything they do. I get the general gist form all of the staff that everything is PERFECT and therefore my feedback is invalid.
Thanks for your critism and report. We will fix it as soon as possible.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 PM
David K?
Once again, the intro is coming along great!
Slowly but surely!

Something like this might take me about 7 hours to finally fix and debug.

As you can see, or not see, there are a few fixes that could happen,
such as the corners are gone, which I've fixed once.. guess I have to do it again.

http://youtu.be/AEYjC5_B2FQ

Once again, I don't have that much time in a day to work on it, so I estimate by the end of this month the intro should be completed alpha phase.

I then have to find people to go in, test for bugs and try to screw things up.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-07-2012 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Don't know how to get the youtube video to work.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Thats flashy and all but would really kill the mood of any cave :P
Maybe make something similar to this instead:

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I like the effect in Minish Cap when you use the Mole Mitts much better. It's hard to link a video to that specific effect however.

Kudos on pulling off the effect, however.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Thats flashy and all but would really kill the mood of any cave :P
Maybe make something similar to this instead:
That does look good, and in a huge cage I would definitely think about that, thank you!

The idea for this is, you can still see the roof above you, which is different for everyone "I think" since the invisible tiles are selected at random onCreated..

I would love to have a lantern for it also, which I thought about doing on the walls... but the level is so small and not very 'deep'..

The player is basically going in and finding the sword, not very quest like, since you need the gloves your father gives you to pick up the rock to find the "gift". The player has not actually learned how to play, and use weapons yet, excluding picking up bushes, rocks, and talking so far. (They learn to slash in here.)

If you don't mind, I'd love to keep that idea for future reference, and I'm going to ask ZeroG what he thinks of it, and if I should switch what I've done with that. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I like the effect in Minish Cap when you use the Mole Mitts much better. It's hard to link a video to that specific effect however.

Kudos on pulling off the effect, however.
Thank you, I must thank ZeroG for being somewhat a teacher to myself in the past, and my long long long time studying how the old hammer script worked, that Callimuc gave me.

But I'd love it if you could explain the Minish Cap and Mole Mitts? Is this in another game or something I could see?

-edit-
I've googled it and learned that it is a cave, on I guess one of the Zelda games..
I have never really played any Zelda games, and the first that I have played, on the wii, I quit after finding the horse 10 minutes of starting.

Can you explain what the effect is possibly? :x
It might be interesting to look into!

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-07-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
But I'd love it if you could explain the Minish Cap and Mole Mitts? Is this in another game or something I could see?

-edit-
I've googled it and learned that it is a cave, on I guess one of the Zelda games..
I have never really played any Zelda games, and the first that I have played, on the wii, I quit after finding the horse 10 minutes of starting.

Can you explain what the effect is possibly? :x
It might be interesting to look into!

It's pretty similar to what you're doing here. Mole-mitt caves in Minish Cap actually fit into the world in the same way your caves do. When you enter them, instead of loading a new level what it does is fade the visibility of the exterior world(overworld) out and instead only renders the interior of the cave.

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kU7Ttew#t=222s
Old 03-08-2012, 01:03 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's pretty similar to what you're doing here. Mole-mitt caves in Minish Cap actually fit into the world in the same way your caves do. When you enter them, instead of loading a new level what it does is fade the visibility of the exterior world(overworld) out and instead only renders the interior of the cave.

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kU7Ttew#t=222s
Oh my g, yes, I honestly did want to do this (and I still might), but the only problem is that the cave entrance I made at the start isn't far enough down, and I don't really know how to use a gmap.

I was thinking, sometime in the future, I could take the letters from the text document for the level, move them down several lines, and move the rest of the bottom level into a blank level.. If that is at all understandable..

But for now two levels will have to do.. I also wanted to try to setfocus so they looked like they were the same level, but I don't think I could achieve the same effect due to the same problem lol..

I do hope to fix it up to be in the same level eventually! (As well as learning how to make a gmap when I need to.)

The idea of digging inside of a mountain sounds pretty interesting also!
Perhaps something like iClassics random miners standing around outside doing nothing, the player could dig through the mountain to another area..
Great idea, no clue if it would ever be done or have an area to get to made.

Eventually I hope to fix it to be in the same level.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
David K?
I basically took up the whole day to fix this, and then had to redo a few things... So, I put it into one level which caused other problematic options.
I had to fix them too as well and fix all the X and Y's.

So far this is my best solution and I'm quite proud of it. :]
(Without giving too much away)

I would still like to work on the inside view though.. I'll try to make it smoother eventually.

So far the new addition to the intro is almost finished leading up to the old intro which many levels will be redone, renovated, or trashed. Either way I think many people will be satisfied.

====

By the way, we are interested in hiring LATs and having a contest which is not open to people of the forums. However, if you would like to apply the official way let me know.

I sincerely believe Shaded Legends will be Classic once again.
Loakey and I are working diligently to make this happen.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-24-2012, 10:46 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
I've gotta say that system is really cool, just wondering exactly how you accomplished it? If you're willing to explain of course! :P
Old 03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I'd also be interested to know. Does it involve tile layers and detecting different layers onwall?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
David K?
I will tell everyone once it is released... It is slow to create but easy I suppose... I will say it doesn't involve tile layers or onwall though... I wouldn't know how to do either of those. :'[

However, I can say I made new grass, and when you see it you will shyt bricks. ;D

Not intentional.

Preview of some of them used.
I think they fit well..
Basically grass dying..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-03-24 at 5.05.45 AM.png
Views:	126
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	54437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-03-24 at 5.39.41 AM.png
Views:	125
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	54438  

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-24-2012 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Posted a quick preview.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Once again, I don't have that much time in a day to work on it, so I estimate by the end of this month the intro should be completed alpha phase.

I then have to find people to go in, test for bugs and try to screw things up.

Well, it is the end of the month, time for an update...
The start of the intro is basically completed. Images are needed and an easteregg will be put in later... However, I'm just now starting on the old intro renovating it.

The intro will be able to be continued in sections on player reconnection, as well as the whole intro can be re-seen at any time the player chooses to go back and see it.

(You won't be able to see any of this yet until it is finished.)
I am not sure if anyone took the original intro down however, but I will not give a completion date since I don't want to lie or misinform. However I am working on it still. :]

I think it looks great so far..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
David K?
Updates:

"So you think you can LAT" contest:

Well, all the levels are ready, anyone can watch the contest.
Only those with the rights can edit or their own levels.

You cannot select from other players levels but you can see theirs.
I just need to work on getting some kind of staff boots to use,
and have it not trigger the hacking system for those without a
tag. (Boots may not happen)

Also, I'd like to quickly fix the cliffs.
Other than that, all should be ready.

Shaded Staff Team:

We also have a new NAT and GAT, both are pretty
good, so I'm excited to share that with you all. ^.^;

Piggy the new GAT created a few animals as well
as some other things in sprite form. They are fine
for now, but will be hopefully fixed later.

Thyme Cypher fixed up the inventory system in ten
minutes, so it can close smoothly allowing you to walk
afterwards, as well as being able to use the arrow keys.

He also fixed the following in the petsystem that I could
not do. I will still have to recreate a movement system
that uses onblock.

--------

So you think you can LAT? (Shaded Legends contest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5KPQ1-wTck
No Offline Editor Required.
No Experience Required.
No Gold is Required.

Applicant Information:

So far there are 18 applicants.
Tomorrow is the last day to apply.
Contestants are picked on the 3rd
(Contest starts April 4th!!)

Apply at:
http://shadedlegends.webs.com/application
Shaded Website:
http://www.facebook.com/ShadedLegends
Attached Images

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz