Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Varia's Lantern

Just finished a nifty lantern system and would like some feed back on the looks of the actual lantern lighting shape. I took the current design from Lttp, but would you, the players prefer a different shape, circle, oval, etc

FYI : It's not that laggy in game, I just have to record at 10fps, 20 fps freezes the game.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
Just finished a nifty lantern system and would like some feed back on the looks of the actual lantern lighting shape. I took the current design from Lttp, but would you, the players prefer a different shape, circle, oval, etc

FYI : It's not that laggy in game, I just have to record at 10fps, 20 fps freezes the game.
Will this be visible to other players? Tig and I were trying to do something to this effect 3-4 years ago but did not have any luck.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Varia Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Will this be visible to other players? Tig and I were trying to do something to this effect 3-4 years ago but did not have any luck.
In theory yes, I've scripted it, but I haven't tested it with other players. I have also made it so NPCs with the lanterns show up as well. I limit it to 3 NPCs otherwise it starts to lag the client and the polygons will sometimes mess up.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's really not a complicated script, just a timeout script.. Cool effect though. I've only used circles in the past.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
It's really not a complicated script, just a timeout script.. Cool effect though. I've only used circles in the past.
It doesn't have to be complex to be impressive. Good job.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
What Stephen is asking for is more complicated than you might think. In order to do what people are probably thinking you need to make an alpha map, and Graal doesn't really support that sort of thing.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What Stephen is asking for is more complicated than you might think. In order to do what people are probably thinking you need to make an alpha map, and Graal doesn't really support that sort of thing.
Yea. We pushed Stefan to incorporate an alpha layer but he refused.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
unless your lantern's design lets more light out the front aside from the classic round one I would go with a more /round/ shape. Overall A+ , I like it. A little c.c. I would make it /sway/ and flicker to simulate a real flame.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Varia Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I wish there was some way you could draw a polygon then with a modifier, cut out a shape, but I'm not aware of any such way. Might make a feature request for that...

@Racycle : My thinking why a circle wouldn't be appropiate is cause the player blocks the light so it shouldn't be circle around the player, but you have given me an idea for different lanterns with different lighting styles. :o