Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
Well I guess its something some of us will miss maybe it one day will be up to date and maybe better I always wanted it to grow bigger but by then I liked it the way it was so, guess we'll see just long time here prolly before this account got banned and renewed with p2p had 3000 hours then with friends accounts had a good another 2000 hours give or take, but just all the good times thats all. I'll be looking forward to see how it all goes maybe Ill jump into it again

Tommorow is A new Day
Old 01-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What about the ideas that were Graal The Adventure, the quests and such?
Old 01-14-2005, 07:26 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
I like the new 'classic'. It's fun :P
of slavery my son".

Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
TB3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TB3
Im not reading most of your comments so forgive me if this has been said but...
1 most weapons would have worked if //#CLIENTSIDE was added except many
of them dealing with gralats would have not / as well as warp rings would have to have triggeraction,x,y,serverside,#w; in them so its not for that reason.
2. And didnt they have a Dev server ?? shouldnt this have all been calculated and tested before release? I don't play classic any more , I am just wondering why this happened? W
Well anywayz good luck fixing it or improving it or whatevery ur doing to / with it XD

To the sun of your age, I arise
Old 01-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
We got loadsa bugs out using the Dev server, but as ever, we needed a lot more people on to make sure everything was ironed out. True a lot of the simpler items can easily beconverted, but some cannot, such as any that deal with attacking. Additionally, we hope to bring back a lot of the old skool weapons like the gelat snake.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 01-14-2005, 08:56 PM
TB3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to TB3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo
We got loadsa bugs out using the Dev server, but as ever, we needed a lot more people on to make sure everything was ironed out. True a lot of the simpler items can easily beconverted, but some cannot, such as any that deal with attacking. Additionally, we hope to bring back a lot of the old skool weapons like the gelat snake.
Which ones couldnt be used? for attacking that is ? Arent you still using playerhurt and playerdies ect... / old heart sys ?

To the sun of your age, I arise
Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Classic Systems Admin
No i totally reded all the hit detection, movement and health system. its all visually the same, but under the bonnet i can do a lot more stuff now.

*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:51 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
Spin attack please!!
of slavery my son".

Old 01-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
I was wondering what was up with the hit detection. It seemed off by a few tiles.
I like that you guys killed off the lag. I can play there more often now.

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 01-15-2005, 01:58 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB3
1 most weapons would have worked if //#CLIENTSIDE was added except many
of them dealing with gralats would have not / as well as warp rings would have to have triggeraction,x,y,serverside,#w; in them so its not for that reason.
I really wish you would not speak on matters which you do not know. You make it seem like Polo was dumb for not just adding //#CLIENTSIDE. That is a VERY common misconception. Keyword there is misconception, because that is what it is. Scripts are not that simple. You have to do a lot more than just make it clientside, and even if this were the case, it would not make them secure, which leads to problems.

Also regarding new content and such... I hate to point out the blatently obvious, but the word classic is defined as "Having lasting significance or worth; enduring. " as one of the ways on dictionary.com It's not supposed to be something with the latest and greatest. It's supposed to be nostalgic. It shows the old way that Graal used to be, but now it's been updated with the NPCServer so there is greater control over things, and so that things are more efficient. The levels and all that were not meant to change and the point of Classic getting a new NPC Server wasn't for it to be all-new. So please, accept that classic is, well, Classic, and it's meant to be like that for a reason.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:10 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo
No i totally reded all the hit detection, movement and health system. its all visually the same, but under the bonnet i can do a lot more stuff now.
Personally, the new movement and fighting repulses me.

I understand why it was done and all, but Graal has a perfectly useable movement system built in, the CLASSIC movement system. I have to publicly object to this change because it changes how people interact with each other.

It feels fake, scripted, and people have to fight where the npcserver is detecting their hit, instead of each other.

If you guys reverted to the normal built in movement system I'd definately come back. As of now, however, I have very little interest in returning.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
Personally, the new movement and fighting repulses me.

I understand why it was done and all, but Graal has a perfectly useable movement system built in, the CLASSIC movement system. I have to publicly object to this change because it changes how people interact with each other.

It feels fake, scripted, and people have to fight where the npcserver is detecting their hit, instead of each other.

If you guys reverted to the normal built in movement system I'd definately come back. As of now, however, I have very little interest in returning.
Oooh you told them. I concur.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinknessx
Oooh you told them. I concur.
I'm not trying to insult them or "own" them... I'm just stating my strong opinion on this new movement jazz.

Old 01-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Classic Systems Admin
The problem is that a lot of things such as bombs and arrows do not work on the gmap when using old movement and hit detection. I tried to get it as close as I could, and i'm always tweaking it to make pk more fun/enjoyable.

One of the main problems is that a lot of the old content was buggy and this was made even worse when an npc server was added. Its more a case of totally recreating everything rather than converting the old stuff. It would be helpful if people were constructive and helped me improve the server rather than just spamming me to change it back. Thats not gonna happen, so get over it

Old 01-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I would definately try to help you improve it but I don't believe i'm qualified. I encourage anybody with STRONG experience in movement systems to lend a hand in any way they can to work towards the smoothess of the old system.