Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Purple cat!
teshy2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teshy2 Send a message via MSN to teshy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoreno
I remember Goth Darkmane being active. (If such a state was ever true.)
When I was still new to Graal and joined Ventrue, Goth played all the time and was very active in founding the guild, along with Ikari (Pen Pen!). He faded away more and more as time passed though. But it was true, once.

Co-head admin of Mushia.

Give us a visit today!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:04 PM
VHE Monkey
middo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to middo
I remember when a whole bunch of people killed themselves on the main bridge (on the server that is now 'Classic', before the stupid Hera system, way before that)

We blocked it up so bad, staff had to come in and warp us out.

I remember that weird resort you could warp to by walking south a bit from the main (and popular) pub. Some people tried to form an ANTI-PK union, was pretty funny.

I remember the cloaks that made us invisible, in the little warper next to the north east church; it would take you to Hacker's house, and you had to say some stupid password.

I remember the F6 bug where you could read all the scripts and systems in your inventory.
(I copied a few day&night scripts ages ago, now I can easily whip one out at 1/2 the size)

I remember partying in that stupid little place under the main bridge.

I remember how none of the quests worked right.

I remember when we first saw that merry-go-round thing in Antago, everyone mobbed around it, trying to get a turn.

I remember when graal worked mainly off of Sprite index instead of an animation system.

I remember when everyone had 56k
Old 01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
I remember the days when you would spend 2+ (real time) hours on "Graal The Adventure", and as a result form the fruits of your labor, you would recieve 15 minutes of online time, thanks to the lagg... X-X
Old 01-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Shadow Dragon's old website was sdragons.mooglecave.com

I was one very briefly

I miss the old Castle Wars on Main Server. I think what I miss most was when Graal Online hosted only one server, Main Server. A lot of people were always on, and there were also independent GServers. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
Heh the gp room was a nice room to be in used to get in there and get all the npcs lol, there were so many great things with graal the list goes on and on Ie been on graal since the end of 98 beging of 99 quit while it went p2p then yr later fianly got an account played alot on classic played kingdoms and quit cause it felt like the same old thing over and over agaian played era till it went to crap and all teh resets happen started making my own pw and helps with many other pw with gfx /gani and lat never got into scippting but still have it all in my room somewhere on paper, all my friends quit in real life, it slowly died at least thats how I feel. I coem on now time to tiem and read forums and play classic but now I don't even do that because that server has been reset, of all and and server that reAALY dissipointed me, I dun even go hang out there anymore, I talk to a few people on aim that I have my oldest oldbie friend I have left but dun play graal anymore, just comes and checks in I think dunno if he does that anymore is good old krakken. They really should make classic free again but thats the only server just to get graal maybe moving, but I dunno if I'll ever play again for sure now because of the reset I had all the oldbie items that u can't get anymore and all the new items and quests all done. Graal has made so many problems and dates that said would be fixed or done or alot of promises but its far few and inbetween are they ever done or done nearly on time. I miss graal I have a few friedns on graal today but I dun talk to them really everything has just quieted down, more the less the died feeling Many games today are goign 3d yea soem look cool or like crap but its all about the people and the role play graal used to have the best in that the gfx wasent the best sure but the experince was worth it look for example in The Final Fantasy games ff1,2,3 were awsome 7 was really good to but loog at all the new ones yea the grapics are really really good but its not much fun playing them there story sux there so far off in another world. graal needs to go to one thing like it used to and make it good instead od spreading out so much foucs on 1 thing and make it good, I know graal will never probaly go free ever again but say if they were to work on classic and have updates all the time and always jsut work on it yea it would bring population back and bring alot of fun back even for p2p/gold/vip accounts : / anyways I stick around graal here and there just always check up on things miss it soemtimes you know. cya around guys.

PS: I dunno if anyone who knows me still plays but heh my typos arnt as bad as they used to be lol less you talk to me on aim or msn heh :P

PS:2 reading all the memories here the ones I have and share with others and
everyone elses memories make sme kinda wan't to make a small server name it somin like Olbie Ville or somin stupid like that and have it to chill on and have small things to do on it quests little things and not a server to go all out on, I'll think about it anyway, talk to some other friends about it maybe get some ideas on some of the things and ways used to be have them there, Like the the old red Pitch fork :P one of my favorite items lol

Tommorow is A new Day
Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig17
PS:2 reading all the memories here the ones I have and share with others and
everyone elses memories make sme kinda wan't to make a small server name it somin like Olbie Ville or somin stupid like that and have it to chill on and have small things to do on it quests little things and not a server to go all out on, I'll think about it anyway, talk to some other friends about it maybe get some ideas on some of the things and ways used to be have them there, Like the the old red Pitch fork :P one of my favorite items lol
Problem with that many people have different definitions of an oldbie.

For me, an oldbie is somebody who started before Graal Online started hosting servers. A midbie is somebody who started before p2p. Everybody else is a newbie.

For other people, oldbie might have to have started during ZO, midbie started before GServers became illegal, and newbies are everything after.

And there are some who think they're considered oldbies because they started just before p2p. They're the silliest.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinknessx
But then again Kai said he was leaving
When?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Coder
Mitch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mitch
I believe Golbez was the first Sound effects admin, on the server Andor at this time. Very boring server, and yet very fun at the same time?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
yea I guess there are 2 ways of seeing that I suppose.

Tommorow is A new Day
Old 01-13-2005, 05:55 AM
Banned
oinknessx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to oinknessx
When you weren't forum staff anymore. You said you were leaving. Should I look up the old threads?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Mr.Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Z Send a message via AIM to Mr.Z
ehhh whats happening to my message :x
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Are you the same Mr. Z who had a house in Onett?

I ask now, because for the longest time I thought *Tseng was the maker of Tseng Town in Big City.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Mr.Z is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Z Send a message via AIM to Mr.Z
how many other Mr.Zs do you think play the game? X_x
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 AM
Volcan
trans9o0111 is on a distinguished road
Obviously M®. Z is Juno aka Mr.Z! Dur!
I don't know anyother ones called Mr.Z?

**The thing is shaun I don't think anyone cares what your definition of an "Oldbie" is...
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinknessx
When you weren't forum staff anymore. You said you were leaving
Untrue.

Quote:
Should I look up the old threads?
Sure, go ahead.