Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
Why Classic

WHy would you reset everything on classic I had all the oldbie items red fork had it all from long logn tiem ago had all the new quests done had everythign complete was just nice to wlak around on there and do my own thing alot of thsoe can't get anymore and all the new crap have to get again wtf no wonder why the graal servers are dying so much from the day it went p2p to Unimax loosing it to hacks people remking player worlds over and over again all the dam resets on certain servers or them being takin down now all the graal 3d and fairy land crap how long is that going to last before its reset, you guyes need to do somethign for the peopel and stick with it not move on to another project everytime somethign new gets thrown you way, these servers were actualy good one time when they were maintained properly. but why would u change classic of all any servers man dam.........

Tommorow is A new Day

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-10-2005 at 03:44 PM..
Old 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Angelus
petro1212 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to petro1212 Send a message via MSN to petro1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig17
WHy would you reset everything on classic thast FU***** bullshi** had all the oldbie items red fork had it all from long logn tiem ago had all the new quests done had everythign complete was just nice to wlak around on there and do my own thing alot of thsoe can't get anymore and all the new crap have to get again wtf no wonder why the graal servers are dying so much from the day it went p2p to Unimax loosing it to hacks people remking player worlds over and over again all the dam resets on certain servers or them being takin down now all the graal 3d and fairy land crap how long is that going to last before its reset, you guyes need to do somethign for the peopel and stick with it not move on to another project everytime somethign new gets thrown you way, these servers were actualy good one time when they were maintained properly. but why would u change classic of all any servers man dam.........
<Edit>Persoanl attacks arent needed<Edit>

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-10-2005 at 03:40 PM..
Old 01-10-2005, 03:39 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Well, though neither of your posts really will do anything, because their just a series of rants and raves to get us Classic to change back to a server which is no longer up (only, what, a week later?).
You can't expect the developement team to complete Classic and give you back every single one of your old items (which have to be rescripted to work with the NPC Server, every one of them). Sure, it would've been better and would have made everyone a lot less angry if the basics were completed first before getting rid of Graal the Adventure and releasing Classic Dev.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I am pretty sure that they had to do a reset because they now have the NPC server, otherwise you would just get disconnected constantly for having items in your account that dont work with the NPC server.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
True, classic was only built upon since it was made, and alot of the quests were said to not work right at times, my guess is that someone wanted to make classic just right, but it may never be like it once was, the reason?....stefan is not the one making everything again.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Everyone whined because we didn't get the NPC Server for the longest time, now they're whining more because not it's not the same.
Just give it time. Like I said, it's been only a week now.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Classic will never be like it was, even if we dont have a npc server or not. Alot of the oldiez back @ the days have now quit.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
Classic will never be like it was, even if we dont have a npc server or not. Alot of the oldiez back @ the days have now quit.
They didn't start out "oldiez".

I might actually start playing, now that everyone's on the same level.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
:d:d
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	train7.png
Views:	323
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	30749   Click image for larger version

Name:	classicpk.png
Views:	277
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	30750  
Old 01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
They removed a ton of content from the server, yet over 1-2 years have nothing "New" to show, or even improvements in the levels?

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-10-2005, 06:32 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
That's true, Inspiration. I never looked at it that way :[
of slavery my son".

Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration
They removed a ton of content from the server, yet over 1-2 years have nothing "New" to show, or even improvements in the levels?
Hmm, maybe the content was removed in order to update it and make it work with the npc server....I hear they werent done with it when it was converted, anyway from what I have seen and heard, Classic wants to keep the classic feel.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-10-2005, 07:57 PM
7 Words
That would normally make sense, but I worked there, I know how well things are being "done".

I'm just saying, does that look like a year, or even a months, worth of work? Maybe they will suprise me and come out with a crapload of new content, who knows.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Right. I became Classic Manager in April 2004, so thats 8 to 9 months ago, and straight away myself and Selflon started working on the NPC server trying to continue where Tyhm had left it. The problem was we had no kind of working movement for the server, and stuff like bombs and bows were just screwed.

Nothing was working properly, and by converting the existing classic it just meant that it was getting buggier by the day. After just over amonth it was decided that it was too messy/broken to continue, and so the server was wiped clean. This was about 7 months ago now. With a fresh server, I set about touching up a few of the main levels and getting asmall overworld up so that I had room top develop on. At this point I also made it so normal players could log on, thus providing me with feedback.

Over the next few months, I worked on various script and behind the scenes stuff such as totally rescripting the movement, and adding various chat based command, and reworking the Staff Tool's, basically ensuring that a tight framework was ready, making it easy for us to develop for, allowing to develop quests and the like a lot fast that we could before wiping.

At the start of October (3 months ago), I moved to university, and the ports for Graal are blocked here, so I can only get on from one of the copmputing labs (although they are sorting our the ports for me). This meant I couldn't really work during this time. In the 3 weeks I was home for christmas I worked like a small demigod to get the NPC Server ready to a playable state.

Now when you ask me why theres little in the way of content, realize that I've not had the 3 years of development time you all seem to think I've had. Also realise that classic was at a point where it simply no longer represented the history of graal, thats another reason why the content is gone. I'm by no means lazy, so please, be patient with me.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
7 Words
Never attacked you yourself, but you have certain staff members who need a very large attitude re-ajustment.

4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit