Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
Another Idea:
Allow trials 60 minutes or so on each server, then account gets banned there (automatically).

If the account gets upgraded or something, unban it from all the worlds that it was banned on for being online over 60 minutes with. (dont allow on the server if an admin has banned the account).
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
You can block trial users, but not put them into a level where they don't stop dying. You could maybe put them into a never ending maze
Old 09-20-2004, 12:37 AM
BEst User EVER!
falco10291029 is on a distinguished road
I personally will make them be serverwarped if nothing else
Old 09-20-2004, 01:08 AM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRivers
this would certianly come in handy if you could disable trials.. I hate the idea of free loaders running around doing the usual stupid stuff ruining the fun of paying customers.

We were all once free loaders one time, Why is it so bad for someone who hasent paid to run around the server??? what if they like your server the best and actualy buy an account just to play ur server, dosent more people and population matter?????

Tommorow is A new Day
Old 09-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig17
We were all once free loaders one time, Why is it so bad for someone who hasent paid to run around the server??? what if they like your server the best and actualy buy an account just to play ur server, dosent more people and population matter?????
Umm..lag from all the trials? That might piss off the people who pay
Old 09-20-2004, 03:41 AM
DIABLO2099 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDarkrazorxX
I think it should be like: All servers are p2p restricted exept UN...if we take the trials away from UN it would be world's lamest server....
What are you talking about? UN still has more classic upgraded players than the other playerworlds. For instance, right now there are 58 trial accounts on out of 178 players. 120 gold/classic upgraded players, that is significantly higher than the next classic playerworld with 48 players total.

Call me Xecutor.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO2099
What are you talking about? UN still has more classic upgraded players than the other playerworlds. For instance, right now there are 58 trial accounts on out of 178 players. 120 gold/classic upgraded players, that is significantly higher than the next classic playerworld with 48 players total.
No need to brag. I heard Era was under construction anyway. I remember seeing it over UN a lot of the time. Plus people flock to the top playerworld on the list. Personally I think UN is crap and don't know how it can maintain such a high playercount other than the people have nowhere else to go and have made a community there.

No offense.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I disagree with this. Trial users already have some disadvantages like not being able to save their account attributes. The whole reason for the trial stage is to get them to like the game and get "addicted." This would be the complete opposite.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12
I disagree with this. Trial users already have some disadvantages like not being able to save their account attributes. The whole reason for the trial stage is to get them to like the game and get "addicted." This would be the complete opposite.
Actually, Stefan said the whole reason for trials was so that they could make sure Graal ran fine on their computers. Not to give them a little taste of what they can't have. But personally, I'm still wondering if there are actually any requirements... Because some playerworlds would rather just cater to the people that pay, and not have to worry at all about trials and trial hackers.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Well, Spark said you could lock-out players with Trial accounts...

Mabey there should be some playerworlds that are not able to have Trial players locked out, like Graal The Adventure. Meh, I don't know.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
No need to brag. I heard Era was under construction anyway. I remember seeing it over UN a lot of the time. Plus people flock to the top playerworld on the list. Personally I think UN is crap and don't know how it can maintain such a high playercount other than the people have nowhere else to go and have made a community there.

No offense.

Agreed, I have tried to play UN many times but I have to go off before I end up puking on my computer.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:00 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
I personally would make trials not be able to leave the starting place, much like Graal Kingdoms does it.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
I for one enjoy the trials, they add to the community, playercount, and general population to PK. Without trials, the worlds are often dense. Even if they aren't your dirrect friend, they're still out there and you don't feel as lonely.

Plus, not many people will blindly pay for a game without getting some sort of taste as to what it' like (Reviews, Friend's Feedback, Trial version, etc.)

And since Graal is not insanely popular, the first two things I mentioned aren't very much available (Yes, gamefaqs or something made a review...it was terrible, and they basically said graal was way too "confusing"). In result, trials are what get players hooked. Trials are what interest players in giving the game a chance instead of shooting it down for some other free MMORPG.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now