Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2004, 12:03 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
Free server....

They should make one server free like it used to be Graal The Adventure. Its been around and had it's time, Why not make it free and let them have all the abilities that we have they can also have too, It can bring in alot of people to graal, show a little bit about graal. Through that can also bring in paying customers for player worlds, and other servers. That server used to be one of the funnest servers around, it was Where all the oldbies are from :P I used to play graal everyday and have worked on many servers that got to a point and never made it up which sucks, well except bravo but got boring, got into Era from the begging, now its more or less wrecked in my eyes, as is kingdoms. I think the all Time best server was the good old server, It brought me to graal and alot of my friends, Think Kraken was the one who told me about graal. I dunno Just be nice to see a server again with alot of people on it with sparring, friends fighting wars lol heh the good old time of all the guild wars, with many people in the guilds. I come on now time to time just to see what goes on and what is new with graal or just to see people complain and corruption, if you sit back and watch it all its funny. You think is there anyway that the server could ever be free again??

Never hurts to ask, and can benfit you guys maybe make a cap on it for a limited of time like a year or 2 years of free playing on it, make more things also to do on it for the oldbies. Anyways just answer me back and to everyone else who reads this feel free to leave me an opinion I would like to know what everyone thinks.....

Could someone also make a vote toll for this? Never knew how to if not just post what you all think on the topic here anyway :P Thanks

Tommorow is A new Day

Last edited by craig17; 09-18-2004 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Like to have vote....
Old 09-18-2004, 12:54 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
My brain hurts after reading that.

You can already 'show a little bit' (a lot more, actually) to trial players, the only restrictions imposed on trial players are limited PMs and no saving. If you ask me, trial players should be limited even more.

The common misconception is that the old servers were better ('the good old times') -- the only reason for this is because of how precious those memories of the servers are to us all, none of us would actually play that crap nowadays, just look at how Graal 2000 (or was it 1998/1999) server flopped.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:13 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Rick, i'd go back to playing xone any time. The levels are great even for today.

The reason we all miss the old times is because back then the people weren't as stupid as they are today. If you go on a server like Era you'll see a bunch of 12 year olds who think they're cool because they have a OMG CHAIN GUN OF DISASTER. Back then I enjoyed playing in 2001-2002. Then the good servers started to suck and it just went downhill.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:50 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Rick, i'd go back to playing xone any time. The levels are great even for today.

The reason we all miss the old times is because back then the people weren't as stupid as they are today. If you go on a server like Era you'll see a bunch of 12 year olds who think they're cool because they have a OMG CHAIN GUN OF DISASTER. Back then I enjoyed playing in 2001-2002. Then the good servers started to suck and it just went downhill.
2001-2002? Pfft. Graal went downhill in 1999! Really! Not after! *grins evilly!* (What someone else would say, I bet.)
Old 09-18-2004, 03:07 PM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
2001-2002? Pfft. Graal went downhill in 1999! Really! Not after! *grins evilly!* (What someone else would say, I bet.)
WTF Graal is the best game EVER.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJenova
WTF Graal is the best game EVER.
OMG YESH! IT ISH TEH BEST GAME EVER!
Old 09-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Malinko, you really are a *****.

Anyways, i agree, Graal The Adventure, or Classic as everyone knows it by, should be a free server for everyone. It doesnt even have an NPC-Server and its like a look into the past of graal.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
This was brought up to Stefan and he shot it down. I agree with him also. It takes away the whole purpose of trial accounts. That is what they are for. For you to test out Graal on your computer and get a feel of the game. Not play it for free.

There is no positive side to this, at all. It will bring more freeloaders, not paying customers. It will cost more to run a server that is jam packed with people that aren't paying for anything. It will constantly be attacked by hackers because they will have total freedom on it compared to being on trials and having some limitations, not to mention being obvious that they are hacking because they have like 2 minutes online time and a ton of items or something.

Gold accounts don't cost that much. If you can't afford to pay once to access all classic servers for life, then that just sucks and maybe you should save some money if you really want to play. The only suggestion I'd make for payments, is that they offer more payment options. Because I no longer have a paypal account but I have a neteller account which I could pay with. (which is basically the same as paypal)

Graal needs to look into the more payment options and also try to do some free advertising to attract new people. They don't need to make servers free for people to sponge on.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:50 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Koni - The only time Graal had an active and healthy comunity was when everybody was a freeloader.

And also, I love how Unix stands by his statement that graal will always be free, and passes this off as playing it.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:15 PM
craig17 is on a distinguished road
The whole free trial thing for graal the adventure sucks though not being able to keep what you have... and getting alot more, and when something is free sure there is free loaders but what about money? money alot of people become assh***s just because they had to pay for the game, or its all about pw power, that most of the time goes no where, and I did say in my 1st post maybe have it only a limited of time yr to 2 yrs, why you so worried about hacking? we have always been able to over come hacking, and every game out there is hacking for it. Would you wanna play on a server with 50 assh***s??? or a server with 250 cool people that like to have fun and have the 50 assh***s be by them selves, or the selfish ones???
Having one of old good memories of server be free with everyone on it would be great. of the servers we have now I wouldent play any of them I would like to play val just becuase of some friends but I stay out of it all, I go on classic periodaly, I have a place I always hang out that use to be populated, where U go anywhere on the server and its not anywhere populated. Sure we have paid money I got vip thats what we got all the other serves for that is our benefit, graal the adventure wow whys it such a big deal if its free not liek it wouldent really be fair if they got it free and we paid for it. I guess unless thats the server you paid for and wanted to play..... But I highly doubt it.

Tommorow is A new Day
Old 09-18-2004, 10:29 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
The common misconception is that the old servers were better ('the good old times') -- the only reason for this is because of how precious those memories of the servers are to us all, none of us would actually play that crap nowadays, just look at how Graal 2000 (or was it 1998/1999) server flopped.
To throw my two cents in...

Everyone liked classic because it had so many people on at a time. 200-300 people made the game interesting. People also liked Graal2001. Even though it had lesser numbers, it was new and different and thats what the people liked.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Making classic free will not bring back what it was before p2p, the community made it what it was, and the community is not what it used to be, and wont be even if it was free.
I dont think Stefan or Unixmad can afford to run pw's for free anymore, that's why we have to pay, I imagine it is quite expensive
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 09-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
People also liked Graal2001. Even though it had lesser numbers, it was new and different and thats what the people liked.
The cool part is that it managed to stay new and different for a pretty long time.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:21 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
The cool part is that it managed to stay new and different for a pretty long time.
Thanks to you and the wonderful 2k1 team =D

Anyway also a little eliteism helped it along also, people with p2p's felt they were better then the classic players.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:14 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
You can't compare old classic to a new free classic. It's impossible. For one, at the time, classic was really the only server. So everyone played it and it was the one that had all the focus on it. Two, Graal was new to pretty much everyone, and the community was new and all inexperienced. You can't bring back the past just like it was.

Also, some of you keep acting like Stefan/Unix care about the playercount. That is not their priority. 5000 free players doesn't equal 1 gold player in profit.