Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Copy from one editor to another?

Has anything been made or is there any way you can copy levels from one editor to another? (meaning you have 2 editors open at the same time) You might ask why? Generally because if you are working on gmaps.. opening 2 gmaps in the same editor can cause a lot of problems.

I am only copying parts of the levels too - so it's not viable to open in a text document and copy it and paste it into corresponding one.

Thanks,

Ducati
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I would usually make a level called temp.nw and put whatever i needed copied in there. Then I would open it on other one.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I would usually make a level called temp.nw and put whatever i needed copied in there. Then I would open it on other one.
Kinda, my thought too. I don't believe anyone has made any programs to do this with graaleditor or gunstruct unfortunately. The problem is that they don't seem to use the clipboard but there own custom methods of pasting the tiles. I ran a simple test in c++ to retrieve the data from the clipboard. I was expecting to see the Base64, integer, or even the hexidecimal values for the tile's however it's not the case. It show's last copied text.

For someone to make such a program you would need to find a way to get a list of selected tiles. And other then popping open a memory editor and checking non-stop then poking it into the other window (which would probably just be a nightmare).

Your best bet is to just make a temp.nw level, and save it and open it between the 2 windows.

Last edited by scriptless; 08-19-2012 at 07:00 AM..