Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Kingdoms Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Scripting Position Available

Graal Kingdoms Scripting
In applying to become a Graal Kingdoms scripter you must meet some requirements. This is a serious position, so I'd like serious applications.

I am not requiring someone to be extremely skilled with scripting, do not feel intimidated. I will always be here to help and guide you when you need help.

I am, however, requiring the applicant to know decent scripting skills and have experience with client-to-serverside scripting.
Please write in the thread below with some of your experiences, examples of your work, and some interesting facts about you that you think is relevant.

Thanks, and good luck.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 10-27-2008 at 11:36 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Banned
warmaster70229 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to warmaster70229 Send a message via MSN to warmaster70229 Send a message via Yahoo to warmaster70229
Application.

Well, as some of you likely know, I've been wanting to help out on Graal Kingdoms for while now...

I have a large amount of experience in Graal script, namely RPG-Systems and other out of the ordinary systems, and have created many such systems on servers such as Zodiac, and other Unlisted servers.

As for experience, I think you'll have a great deal of trouble finding a server that at least ONE of the staff members hasn't worked with me, but of course there are exceptions to this.
I believe what would really set me apart from other scripters is my experience, I have experimented with pretty much every language out there, (Including several assemblers) and have a good understanding of how advanced systems work. My ability to adapt would also be another key-point.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Let me know if you want me to help you out. I've been pretty bored lately, and would be willing to upgrade my account if there are things that actually need to be scripted. When I last had Debug, I pretty much sat there and did nothing because no one would let me do anything D:

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-23-2009, 10:00 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I still need a good scripter who is good and doesn't say they'll work for you forever and then quit in a week.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
ME ME ME!! Na jk I dont script, but Id like to learn .
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I need to log on to testbed more often and update things I was working on in the shared folder. :[
Old 06-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Sorry to double-post, but I've dredged up some scripts that I was working on.

Keep in mind these are kind of amateurish, but I did these while learning on testbed. They're sort of primitive attempts at assembling a battle system from scratch with very little experience. It's mostly for input / output purposes, and testing to make sure numbers are calculated as they should be.

PHP Code:
//d20-Style Attack Roll

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onKeyPressed() { 
   if (
keydown(5)) {

findWeapon("Shared/DraeninPolyhedrals").Rolld20();
     if (
client.d20 == 1){

player.chat "Miss! 0 Damage!";
       }

//Melee Attack//

else if (client.d20 == 20){

player.chat "Critical! " @ (client.level+client.atk+client.str+int(random(1,6)))*" Damage!";
       }
     else

player.chat client.level+client.atk+client.str+int(random(1,6)) @ " Damage!";
   }

PHP Code:
//Commands

//#CLIENTSIDE

function onPlayerChats(){

temp.tokens player.chat.tokenize();
   if (
tokens[0] == ":setlevel"){

client.level tokens[1];

client.maxhp = (client.con+client.level)*5;

client.maxmp = (client.int+client.level)*3;

client.hp client.maxhp;

client.mp client.maxmp;
   }

PHP Code:
//Equips

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onPlayerChats(){
    if(
player.chat ":sword"){

client.atktype "melee";

client.atk 10;
    }
    if(
player.chat ":bow"){

client.atktype "ranged";

client.atk 6;
    }
    if(
player.chat ":wand"){

client.atktype "magic";

client.atk 4;
    }
    if(
player.chat ":unarmed"){

client.atktype "melee";

client.atk 2;
    }
    if(
player.chat == ":drink poison"){

client.hp -= 5;
    }
    else if(
player.chat == ":drink potion"){

client.hp += 10;
    }

findWeapon("Shared/DraeninStatRoll").checkhp();

findWeapon("Shared/DraeninStatDisplay").drawhp();

PHP Code:
//Stat Roll

//#CLIENTSIDE
public function Rolld20(){

client.d20 int(random(1,21));
}

public function 
Rolld12(){

client.d12 int(random(1,13));     
}

public function 
Rolld10(){

client.d10 int(random(1,11));
}

public function 
RolldPercent(){

client.dpercent int(random(1,11)*10);
}

public function 
Rolld6(){

client.d6 int(random(1,7));
}

public function 
Rolld4(){

client.d4 int(random(1,5));

PHP Code:
//Stat Display

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

this.img1 findimg(1);

with (this.img1) {

style "c";

zoom 0.75;
  }

setTimer(0.05);
}

function 
onTimeout() {

with (this.img1) {

text "Level: " client.level "     " client.hp " / " client.maxhp " HP     " client.mp " / " client.maxmp " MP";

player.1.5;

player.1.5;
  }

setTimer(0.05);

Numbers and stuff like that are mainly what I'm interested in working with, though I'm sure with some practice I could easily get used to working with movements and so on as well. I also would like to learn how to work with classes so new object NPCs could possibly be made, and even perhaps dabble in event sequences.

I know I may not be the best for the job compared to others, but I've never had any sort of real mentoring, and it could make a difference.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Stuff
You don't need to use findWeapon() anymore in cases like the one that you're doing. With GS2, object-oriented programming was introduced and weapons can be treated as objects so you just refer to the object by its name and call the function like such: weaponName.function().

For the random rolling thing you should have one main function instead of a bunch of separate ones (like you currently have Rolld4, Rolld6, Rolld10, etc.), and you really only need to have one function in which you pass the number as a parameter (4, 6, 10, etc.) and then you can do makevar("client.d" @ params[0]) = int(random(1, params[0] + 1)).

And for the chatting stuff you should use if-else-if (currently you just have a bunch of if statements with only one else when they should all have them in this case (there are situations where adding it wouldn't make sense but this isn't one of them).

Just some things I noticed at a quick glance, was originally not going to mention anything since this is a hiring thread and all but you said that you never got mentored before so consider it a friendly lesson. Hope you keep working at it!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
You don't need to use findWeapon() anymore in cases like the one that you're doing. With GS2, object-oriented programming was introduced and weapons can be treated as objects so you just refer to the object by its name and call the function like such: weaponName.function().
Underlined part is wrong
It's not possible to do Shared/DraeninStatRoll.function();
As / is a math operator and will conflict.

The use of findweapon() is like the use of get and set functions.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Can't you do something like:
("Shared/DraeninStatRoll"@).function();

Or such, however(I'm not very good at concat'ing things like that, so it's probably wrong)?
Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

Or such, however(I'm not very good at concat'ing things like that, so it's probably wrong)?
You can do "Shared/DraeninStatRoll".function(); and it works, but that isn't very object oriented though.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

Simply ("Shared/DraeninStatRoll").function() would work fine.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Well, I'm still learning this stuff. I just set it out as an example of what I've done, and as part of my application. (I figured I may as well at least try.)

However, I do appreciate the help.

The main problem I've always had with gscript is knowing all the commands and all the little shortcuts you can use to make scripts smaller and more robust. I can do a fair amount of programming, but knowing the language inside and out is something I still have to work on. Knowing all the words and commands is what really trips me up most of the time, but all that can always be learned. Following the logical sequence of programming has never been difficult for me though. Even when messing around with conditional branches and so on.

Last edited by Draenin; 06-27-2009 at 09:39 PM..
Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
It's not possible to do Shared/DraeninStatRoll.function();
As / is a math operator and will conflict.

Of course not, I didn't say for him to do Shared/DraeninStatRoll.function() I just stated that with GS2 you would normally do weaponName.function(). In this case, you would do ("Shared/DraeninStatRoll").function().