Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2016, 05:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
should mby be a tab or something for dev servers that are open to the public
Old 09-18-2016, 06:56 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
all 2k1 assets belong to rufus he can use them anywhere he chooses. Your personal opinion is irrelevent really.
*irrelevant

Oh cool, so the work of myself and others has been given as intellectual property to a person who never had anything to do with the server and has openly admitted to hating it and wanting it to be destroyed. That makes about as much sense as giving the decision of what will be the welfare of the Armenians to the Turkish. Thanks dude such a legit thing to do. Now my opinion is deemed "irrelevent" with paper-thin reasoning.

Rufus is irrelevant to Graal2001. He didn't even play it while it was a thing. There is no association there whatsoever, he just swooped in unjustifiably and ruined any chance of doing anything good with the best game I have ever played. If my opinion is irrelevant, that's fine, because it's a shared sentiment between myself and a whole lot of other people. Are you calling them all irrelevant?

Quote:
people like you
What does this mean? People who have been playing Graal for 17 years? My sentiment is a reflection of a general consensus of longtime players, and that consensus is that phenomenally skilled developers are being treated unfairly while management makes poor decisions based on awful gymnastics of logic. In other words "people like me" are actually right about this, have been around Graal a lot longer than you and Rufus - and you're demonstrably and factually incorrect.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 09-19-2016 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
this is true
Old 09-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Distorted has a spectacular aura aboutDistorted has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Distorted Send a message via AIM to Distorted
Quote:
that's too illogical obviously
Old 09-19-2016, 02:53 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Why can't we just bring back 2k1?
Old 09-19-2016, 03:10 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
@Kamaeru g2k1 was chopped up and had usable bits n pieces added on iclassic. g2k1 itself is ****ing **** by today's standards. there's a reason it still failed miserably when they revived it like 10 years ago. trust me when i say the thing you're nostalgic about is mostly the community. you won't get that feeling again even if you bring it back perfectly. it'll have like 3 players and you'll sit there wondering why it's just not the same.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:28 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
iClassic should be the one making the changes, sorry. Also all stolen content from Graal2001 should be removed.
Vultures can't be indicted for theft.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:33 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
@Kamaeru g2k1 was chopped up and had usable bits n pieces added on iclassic. g2k1 itself is ****ing **** by today's standards. there's a reason it still failed miserably when they revived it like 10 years ago. trust me when i say the thing you're nostalgic about is mostly the community. you won't get that feeling again even if you bring it back perfectly. it'll have like 3 players and you'll sit there wondering why it's just not the same.
You're talking to me like I've never idled on Graal2001 by myself. It's fun to me so I cannot relate to what you're saying in the slightest manner. 60 players and the game would be great. Believe it or not I'm not nostalgic about this. Graal2001 is palpably better than anything hosted available on Graal or iGraal right now. If you're suggesting that iClassic is in some manner of a superior quality, no sane individual is agreeing with that statement.

You're spinning this to seem like Graal2001 is old and therefore less playable when modern-day servers are complete garbage in comparison and you know it. Comparing Graal2001 to currently available servers is like comparing Super Smash Bros Melee to Shaq Fu.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
You're talking to me like I've never idled on Graal2001 by myself. It's fun to me so I cannot relate to what you're saying in the slightest manner. 60 players and the game would be great. Believe it or not I'm not nostalgic about this. Graal2001 is palpably better than anything hosted available on Graal or iGraal right now. If you're suggesting that iClassic is in some manner of a superior quality, no sane individual is agreeing with that statement.

You're spinning this to seem like Graal2001 is old and therefore less playable when modern-day servers are complete garbage in comparison and you know it. Comparing Graal2001 to currently available servers is like comparing Super Smash Bros Melee to Shaq Fu.
i guess i just dont see g2k1 the same way you do.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Ğarkmåne
racil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to beholdracil is a splendid one to behold
You should start a different thread for that discussion.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:33 AM
G2k1
Quote:
i guess i just dont see g2k1 the same way you do.
Likewise that would make sense considering you actually consensually played UN of your own free will.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:34 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by racil View Post
You should start a different thread for that discussion.
I've tried, my threads/posts keep getting deleted. I haven't ever broken any rules or talked about anything immoral either. I post in whatever the most relevant thread is at the time hoping not to be censored.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
There was never any talks by the staff of launching iClassic onto the PC client in the same way Delteria allows PC and Facebook users to connect together. It has been requested by players but both Classic and Era exist on PC, and that wouldn't just be stepping on toes of those staff teams, it'd be completely disrespecting them. If it was not an active project then maybe things would be different, but it obviously is and everyone is well aware of it.

I understand why the cash cow might get preferential treatment. Still, I'm not really sure that having the 'same setting' is a problem when releasing Graal The Adventure onto a platform that iClassic has no plans of being a part of. Unless there are plans for iClassic to be launched on the PC client, in which case both teams need to be informed.

Edit: Just saw a post by Thor saying that he hasn't asked to go on the hosted tab so ...wat???

Quote:
This is exactly why I don't respond, people like you that derail the thread. This thread has nothing to do with 2k1. Since you touched base there all 2k1 assets belong to rufus he can use them anywhere he chooses. Your personal opinion is irrelevent really.
This is pretty misleading since it implies I'm the one who added Graal2001's content onto iClassic, which I didn't, and as far as I know nobody specifically controls that server's assets right now. You should speak to Unixmad on what he wants to do with Graal2001 if anything.

Last edited by Rufus; 09-19-2016 at 07:16 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 06:58 AM
welcome back rufus

another lost soul who wishes to see classic in hosted~
Old 09-19-2016, 01:26 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Rufus on the official forums, I'll be damned if I'm not in heaven right now