Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Democracy breeds factionalism and populism. Neither of which are conducive to effective development.
Agreed, only corrupt ass kissing snobs get things done.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
Democracy breeds factionalism and populism. Neither of which are conducive to effective development.
Like factionalism doesn't already happen... As for populism.. I see nothing wrong with that. If the people on the game believe the management isn't doing a good job why should they not be able to stand up and speak out against them?

Like they say... "The customers are always right".
Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I agree with TK. The people who have been playing this game for 5-10+ years have such a headstart on anyone that is starting today that it's not even worth it.

On top of that, the first thing you have to do to compete in Era is to get a decent gun, which, if you're going to work for it, could mean hundreds of hours in the mine.
You don't even get to play the game until long after you start.

Compare that to other games where you can jump in and wreck ****. And for free. With much bigger communities, more professional (paid) staff, and better graphics.

It's not just about the fact that no one knows about Era. I think even if everyone knew about Era, it would still be in decline just because of how it is.

As much as I dislike both agreeing with Gabriel and conceding that iEra makes sense, both of those are true. Era can't compete with higher budget PC games, and iEra makes a lot more sense, despite being a shittier game (imo), because people don't judge 2D games as harshly if they're playing them on their phones.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberwyre_p2p View Post
i agree with tk.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
The value is just terrible at this stage, I don't think the prices of Gold have ever gone down the entire time I've played (8 years+) then again I never really paid attention to that since I'm a Classic Account. Why the hell would you buy a 3 month subscription for more money than a game with much better graphics, community, gameplay and you get to keep it for life? I know MOST of us wouldn't play if we didn't have Classic Accounts, I solute those who buy subscription after subscription in hopes to see this game shine once more.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
The value is just terrible at this stage, I don't think the prices of Gold have ever gone down the entire time I've played (8 years+) then again I never really paid attention to that since I'm a Classic Account. Why the hell would you buy a 3 month subscription for more money than a game with much better graphics, community, gameplay and you get to keep it for life? I know MOST of us wouldn't play if we didn't have Classic Accounts, I solute those who buy subscription after subscription in hopes to see this game shine once more.
Nobody really buys subscriptions anymore. You don't get the "observer mode" or lose your items anymore as non-gold, you just get the dumb little banner that says "YOU ARE A TRIAL" across the top. It's like Winrar basically.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Nobody really buys subscriptions anymore. You don't get the "observer mode" or lose your items anymore as non-gold, you just get the dumb little banner that says "YOU ARE A TRIAL" across the top. It's like Winrar basically.
Pretty sure you still need a subscription to get on RC. (Correct me if i am wrong).
Old 06-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Pretty sure you still need a subscription to get on RC. (Correct me if i am wrong).
Actually you don't. Although the blue banner is still at the top of the screen, they've enabled it to where you are still a gold member. The only difference is, (basically) you have to pay to get a community still. Essentially you're buying a gold subscription but if you haven't already picked a community name; then it gives you that option. Other than that, classic accounts can log on 'Dev' servers and will be recognized as a Gold Account (Enabling them to use the RC).
  • This also applies to era, anyone given a RC can access it, pc#(s), graal#(s), or classic(s).
Old 06-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Is there still not restrictions? e.g Possible heads to be used, no joining gangs, etc
Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 AM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Is there still not restrictions? e.g Possible heads to be used, no joining gangs, etc
Anyone and Everyone are open to joining what ever gang they want or use what ever had they want regardless of there account.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
With the "Right" advertisement it will bring a lot of players to the game. It also has to be a long term advertisement. It's not as easy a just "advertising" you need to know how to advertise.

If done correctly, you could bring a huge influx of players to the game.

The game is currently free.
This is a valid point. If advertised across the right mediums reaching the right demographics it could be highly effective.

The best way to advertise IMO would be using the Facebook "lifestyle" form of advertising. I'm sure you've all seen it, based on your likes, pages visited, etc, you get those ads on your news feed or on the sidebar advertising certain things. If you look to target the 13-18 demographic that's playing online games/MMORPGs/etc, you would probably see a decent conversion rate AFTER the ad had run for at least 3 months (again, agreeing).

Advertising is surprisingly affordable. Especially with what I mentioned if you're paying per click. The user acquisition costs don't seem to be very high so if that form of advertising (and others, have to broaden your strategy) your costs really aren't that much if it does end up working.

However, I'm not sure Stefan would do this because the Facebook ads would really be better for the Facebook clients. You could split it and advertise both, though.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
Advertising is surprisingly affordable. Especially with what I mentioned if you're paying per click. The user acquisition costs don't seem to be very high so if that form of advertising (and others, have to broaden your strategy) your costs really aren't that much if it does end up working.
I work in the mobile advertising industry -- I don't think advertising is in Graal's budget. Effective advertising typically starts at 20k a month.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
There's free options that can at least be attempted.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
There's free options that can at least be attempted.
You're welcome to try, but I'm willing to bet it won't produce a single conversion. You could try guerilla advertising but it's a lot of work.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:51 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like a job for Stefan. Besides, if I was a new player and I saw the current website I would of never attempted playing Graal.