Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Lat.. Bleh
k0rupt_ed is on a distinguished road
Few era levels

Need some outside perspective.

Bleh, if you dislike them don't just say "they suck" give me a reason so I can better myself. I don't know what is wrong with em that I couldnt get lat on era (not mentioning any names but someone is pretty biased) but hey whatever. Give me your feedback.

Edit: If you look on the locker room inside on the left, there are all those little era tiles that show up only when you play the level in the editor. Anyone else get that bug when working with the tileset? Happens occasionaly.

Last edited by k0rupt_ed; 06-13-2006 at 07:54 PM..
Old 06-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Lat.. Bleh
No responce. Wow.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
It's hard to say much about era levels. The tileset makes most levels look decent, but at the same time, limits users a bit. Thery're Era levels. Not bad though.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Lat.. Bleh
True. Thank you though.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:53 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
They're all ok,

I don't like the flooring in the first two so much though. I can't pin point it.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Lat.. Bleh
Wanted it to have some design to it.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
If you wanted me to be brutally honest, I'd say these were all just Era levels, which aren't worthy to be posted inside this forum (not your levels inparticular, but all Era levels in general). Era's tileset is devoid of detail, hardly customizable, with little room for creativity. Anything produced with that tileset is mediocre/average at best.

To comment on your levels, first, why didn't you use ALT+1 to capture the entire level for your first two screenshots? Next, please use the attachment feature that comes with the forum, no need to upload stuff to imageshack if it can be done here.

First Level: I dislike how you layered the carpet, wouldn't make sense, nobody would do that in real life. Also the randomness of the carpet doesn't make sense. Also why is there oil barrels in a building, that to me, looks like its for commercial use? Were you trying to stuff as much NPCs into one level as you could? I dislike the shape of the level too.

Second Level: Completely lacking in detail, the roof was tiled incorrectly. Random placement of flowers looks horrible as well. Not much to comment on, as there isn't much in the level.

Third Level: Ok, I suppose this is a good level, if it was supposed to be a locker room or dressing room (but then I'd wonder why there was windows in it). Anything else and it wouldn't make sense.

Last Level: No detail whatsoever, but I guess that hardly is your fault, as the Era tileset doesn't offer much in the way of detailing tiles. I wonder why the road only is wide enough for one lane of traffic. Even one way highways have two lanes.

I guess that is my short analysis on your levels.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:44 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
your last level the sidewalks are to small along with some other things pretty much eveything else i have to agree with the guy above me on. Besides the first level I think its more of a Gang base not a business building so yah I get the oil kegs like they just moved into a factory or something.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Lat.. Bleh
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
If you wanted me to be brutally honest, I'd say these were all just Era levels, which aren't worthy to be posted inside this forum (not your levels inparticular, but all Era levels in general). Era's tileset is devoid of detail, hardly customizable, with little room for creativity. Anything produced with that tileset is mediocre/average at best.
I do agree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
To comment on your levels, first, why didn't you use ALT+1 to capture the entire level for your first two screenshots? Next, please use the attachment feature that comes with the forum, no need to upload stuff to imageshack if it can be done here.
No clue. Not a problem for me to upload on imageshack anyway save the forum a little more room
Quote:
First Level: I dislike how you layered the carpet, wouldn't make sense, nobody would do that in real life. Also the randomness of the carpet doesn't make sense. Also why is there oil barrels in a building, that to me, looks like its for commercial use? Were you trying to stuff as much NPCs into one level as you could? I dislike the shape of the level too.
True not many people would layer a carpet like that, but now then how many people go around with swords swatting each other everyday. (No offence to the rp guys.)

Quote:
Second Level: Completely lacking in detail, the roof was tiled incorrectly. Random placement of flowers looks horrible as well. Not much to comment on, as there isn't much in the level.
Not much detail? Hmm I suppose. I don't understand whats wrong with the flowers though.
Quote:
Third Level: Ok, I suppose this is a good level, if it was supposed to be a locker room or dressing room (but then I'd wonder why there was windows in it). Anything else and it wouldn't make sense.
Lockerroom ftw.

Quote:
Last Level: No detail whatsoever, but I guess that hardly is your fault, as the Era tileset doesn't offer much in the way of detailing tiles. I wonder why the road only is wide enough for one lane of traffic. Even one way highways have two lanes.

I guess that is my short analysis on your levels.
Meh I didn't go crazy on the outside, I can add more but I didn't fully finish. Thanks for the feedback

Old 06-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
The 1st level is an exact replica of another level (BH base). Its just the entrance is only on one side.

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 06-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Lat.. Bleh
The only thing that replicates bh is the walls and the elevator doors. Compare them side by side.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:47 AM
VulcanP2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rupt_ed
The only thing that replicates bh is the walls and the elevator doors. Compare them side by side.
It's also about the same size and uses the same style of leveling. Forgetting the fact that it is similar to Black Holst the level itself is decent. Personally, I don't like the flooring too much.

For Zone or Guild Support use the Support Center
Old 06-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Lat.. Bleh
Understandable. Old era level i did a few months ago anyway.