Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Gfx submissions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Twilight Ninja
naokohiro is on a distinguished road
Shuriken gfx

well, I came up with this. It would be a cool weapon.

Last edited by naokohiro; 06-22-2006 at 10:34 AM..
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 AM
VulcanP2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naokohiro

well, I came up with this. It would be a cool weapon.
That's pretty cool. Could you rotate it and add a few more sprites so it will look nice animated?

For Zone or Guild Support use the Support Center
Old 06-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Twilight Ninja
That's what I thought of, it's hard to rotate, it always comes out looking deformed.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
That's what I thought of, it's hard to rotate, it always comes out looking deformed.
The re-make it at a different angle and continue...

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Twilight Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind
The re-make it at a different angle and continue...
i'm currently doing that.. it's hard.... I'll get there eventually though...
okay, here's v1:

it looks good if each frame is 0.05 secs apart.
slower than that, like 0.1 it looks a little off, tell me if I should fix it. I'll make it rotate better if I have to.

Last edited by naokohiro; 06-22-2006 at 01:14 AM..
Old 06-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
Quote:
i'm currently doing that.. it's hard.... I'll get there eventually though...
okay, here's v1:

it looks good if each frame is 0.05 secs apart.
slower than that, like 0.1 it looks a little off, tell me if I should fix it. I'll make it rotate better if I have to.
I like. It doesn't seem fuuristic enough, ask stefan or someone to add some electric particle effects to disable mechs.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Three of those sprites almost look like they haven't been rotated at all.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Twilight Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
Three of those sprites almost look like they haven't been rotated at all.
it looks rotated when it's animated. it's rotating at 22.5 degrees each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMastermind
I like. It doesn't seem fuuristic enough, ask stefan or someone to add some electric particle effects to disable mechs.
what's so futuristic about the muramasa?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Quote:
it looks rotated when it's animated. it's rotating at 22.5 degrees each time.
The 2nd and 4th sprites are practically identical. The first is similar to those, but not entirely. Try replacing the 2nd or 4th with one that's more of a '+' shape.

Quote:
what's so futuristic about the muramasa?
Katanas are just timeless.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Twilight Ninja
Quote:
The 2nd and 4th sprites are practically identical. The first is similar to those, but not entirely. Try replacing the 2nd or 4th with one that's more of a '+' shape.
the second and fourth are the same to show what the animation should be like so it goes 1234 reoccuring otherwise it would be 1232 reoccuring. And this shuriken isn't a cross shape at all. and the shuriken is symetrical so it only needs 2 rotated sprites because if I made the rest they would look exactly the same. (rotating 22.5 degrees each time)
I could lower the rotation to 11.025 degrees each one, I think that would double the amount of sprites, and it is probably unneccessary. Yeah and about the katana thing I was just saying, that's not futuristic, nor is the combat knife, why does shuriken have to be futuristic?
Old 06-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Quote:
the second and fourth are the same to show what the animation should be like so it goes 1234 reoccuring otherwise it would be 1232 reoccuring.
Oh, okay so if it were to be actually used you wouldn't include the 4th sprite in the graphic.

Quote:
And this shuriken isn't a cross shape at all.
You misunderstood me. I meant make a sprite that's positioned like that, with the points pointing straight up/down and left/right.

Quote:
and the shuriken is symetrical so it only needs 2 rotated sprites
The standard is usually at least 4 frames to make an animation look nice and smooth. It's a good goal to strive for.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Twilight Ninja
Quote:
Oh, okay so if it were to be actually used you wouldn't include the 4th sprite in the graphic.
Well, you don't have to.
Quote:
You misunderstood me. I meant make a sprite that's positioned like that, with the points pointing straight up/down and left/right.
It's impossible with the shape of the shuriken(unless I rotate it 11.025 degrees each time)... Sorry, I can't help you there...
Quote:
The standard is usually at least 4 frames to make an animation look nice and smooth. It's a good goal to strive for.
Well, it has 3... and four frames of animation. And the shuriken would look like it was spinning slower if I made more frames of rotation(rotating 11.025 for example) because as far as i know there's no way to make an animation that goes at more than 20frames per second in graal... The sleep command can't go lower than 1/20 and nor can timeout and in graal shop the lowest is 0.05 for a frame. So having only four frames seems good enough, I also made a gani to test it, I'll attach it, if you have graal shop you can see what it looks like.
You can download graal shop using updates in graal. the shuriken image has to be in the same folder as graal shop, then you just open the gani using graal shop.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shuriken.zip (3.5 KB, 187 views)
Old 06-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned
Zulu15 is on a distinguished road
If you look at the animation you can see that a blade never goes through or apears to go through the top left corner.

Actualy I looked at it again and I reccomend you make atleast one more sprite of it in about a 75 degree angle to fix this. Too many of the sprites look alike. The change in the angle is minimal.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Twilight Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu15
If you look at the animation you can see that a blade never goes through or apears to go through the top left corner.

Actualy I looked at it again and I reccomend you make atleast one more sprite of it in about a 75 degree angle to fix this. Too many of the sprites look alike. The change in the angle is minimal.
Well, like I said, the capabilities of graal; the fastest it can animate is 20 frames per second, by adding more frames it would look bad... If I could double it up and go 40 frames per second, belive me i would put a full roation, and you would be able to see it, it would look very smotth and good animation.
Also, you gotta realize that in-game this will look just fine and it won't matter much because the amount of time you'll be looking at how it's animated is minimal. It will look like someone throwing a shuriken at some one else and it won't look bad, especially with the background of everything around it to make it fit in. Beleive me you wouldn't give a damn if the only place you ever saw the gfx was in-game.
EDIT: you are kind of right, i looked back at the gani and I kind of see the problem with angle, i could put some more rotation but rotating the already slightly rotated sprites 90 degrees and 180 degrees, the thing is that the symettricality of the sprites makes it so that if the image was perfectly drawn out(for example if it was bigger, or if it was in real life) it would look fine the way it is, but in this case I'll fix it because the pixels are limiting.

I just realized something.. I have 0 rotation, then 22.5 then 45 then i SKIPPED 67.5 and it goes straight to 90, that may be the issue that everyone is having. I'll fix it right away!
(haunter was right....)
The attachment is the fixed gani and image.

*ahem*
The first sprite is for mud/hud(tell me if I need to make a new image for mud/hud) the last three are for animation of it after it is thrown, they also shouldn't be used in a gani that involves player holding or throwing the shuriken. Have fun with the gfx, even though I'm not good at it and I forgot to do a full rotation(not used to rotating stuff...) I hope I've made zone a better server in some way by submitting this gfx for use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shuriken.zip (3.5 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by naokohiro; 06-22-2006 at 10:33 AM..
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Why does Zone need these? It's in the far future, it's bad enough we have maramusa's or whatever running around, how the hell is this practical? What, you're gonna fling a flying star and expect it to launch and stay at the same speed as bullets?