Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I understand this, but I've been using v6 for more than a year now (ever since beta), and exactly as Blue stated; I have no idea what v5 even looks like anymore. It grows on you, trust me.
It's not just how it looks, it's about how the elements act when you interact with them. Like marking text to copy and such. But, I guess you're right to some extent. I still think Stefan could put some more effort into making the scripted windows work nicer. (there are suggestions mentioned in other threads)
Old 05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Personally don't like the appearance of the playerlist or the use of GUI's on profiles. Also the UN forums doesn't work properly with v6.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Personally don't like the appearance of the playerlist or the use of GUI's on profiles. Also the UN forums doesn't work properly with v6.
That still hasn't been updated? Jeez.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
-v6 doesn't have joypad support, v5 does.
-performance: I'm not going to sit here and pretend i know 100% of what I'm talking about with internet termanology but its been proven many times when you have "use fixed port for UDP" and "don't use UDP for data packages" checked your player delays and appears "laggy" to the rest of the community. Every time ive tried V6 its not an option to disable and there is a noticeable difference in smoothness when you play, and I quickly jumped back to v5.

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Banned
Akios has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
Still use v5 because of...

UDP

oui oui.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I've got a pretty big joy stick that I'd like supporting on v6.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well using joysticks in games is much easier with some keyboard-emulator I guess?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well using joysticks in games is much easier with some keyboard-emulator I guess?
Not really. That involves the use of third-party programs players have to install and configure in addition to the game itself.

And if I'm not mistaken, third-party programs aren't encouraged anyway. Or does that mean it's suddenly okay to use macro programs (which emulate keystrokes and mouseclicks) now too?

I strongly support leaving controller support in, as I use one much more often than the keyboard when doing stuff like combat or participating in events. Again, it was a really nice feature that shouldn't have been taken out.

Also, on an unrelated note, could you possibly address this drawing issue with terrain that I posted about some time ago? I'd really like to make taller, sharper mountain peaks and other types of terrain, but this bug creates limitations.

Here's a video this time, so you can see what I mean.

Last edited by Draenin; 05-30-2013 at 08:44 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 03:52 PM
6sixty6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
dude use xpadder and a ps2/xbox360 controler
Old 05-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sixty6 View Post
dude use xpadder and a ps2/xbox360 controler
Read Draenin's post.

The fact is, we shouldn't have to do this, especially considering that the support is still in v5 and not in v6.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, the joystick/gamepad support is great. Feels more like playing ALTTP. =) I play with my Playstation 2 controller whenever I pk and such.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Yeah, the joystick/gamepad support is great. Feels more like playing ALTTP. =) I play with my Playstation 2 controller whenever I pk and such.
Yeah, it is pretty fun.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Movement on a controller just feels a lot more 'tight' to me because you can roll your thumb around on a d-pad or joystick instead of using two or three fingers to move around.

I use an unofficial PSX controller that has programmable turbo buttons. Always handy for spamming stuff if need be. :]

And yeah, definitely feels much more like playing a regular Zelda game that way.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Lord Narwhal
WonderBread is on a distinguished road
UDP support. v6 takes an enormous toll on sparring.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:36 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
It's almost one year since we have released v6, time to proceed and disabling the old version. However there are still around 10% of players which use v5. Please tell us why you use v5:
- Because v5 looks better/different?
- Is v5 faster for you? Have you recently tried v6?
- Advancements like external PM windows are not a reason to switch?
- Playerlist on v5 feels nicer?

If v5 is released, the development staff including scripters can use more advanced features of v6 like multiple GUI styles and external windows. Will you switch to v6 if the old version is disabled or will it be a serious problem for you?
On v6 there is a option in f3 its "use open GL for graphics" and this option is toggled ON every time you x out and reopen graal..........

however most people do not know their lag is because of this option being on. for me an countless others who dont know yet, their lag may be caused by Open GL for graphics.

this would explain why many choose not to use it if they dont know,.