Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Graal Cards

Made these today as a sort of proof-of-concept, to try and convince myself that a Graal themed YuGiOh card game style server could work.
I have a wordpad open that I've been writing card ideas down in and so far I have a bunch of card ideas sorted into various decks (incl. Human, Zorbi, Lizardon/Dragon, Bomy, Graveyard/Vampire, and general Equipment/Spell cards).

This one is meant to be a holographic on the front.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
ya i can see it working for the younger crowd.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
exactly. graal is filled with a much more mature audience. Doubt this will appeal to them
Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I can see it working as a server if it was more than collecting the cards.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdumdidi View Post
graal is filled with a much more mature audience.
wat
Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I can see it working as a server if it was more than collecting the cards.
Collecting them would invariably be part of the challenge, but the focus would be on battling against other people and building battle decks with different strategies and tactics.
Some of the rarer cards could be available only through mini-games (had an idea for a mini-game sort of like Memory) or raffles, etc. And there could still be quests, although they would probably just be puzzle based.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdumdidi View Post
exactly. graal is filled with a much more mature audience. Doubt this will appeal to them
I would play the **** out of a yu-gi-oh server. Not even ironically.

You have a childhood, go embrace it.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
i can haz gold plz
Dumdumdidi will become famous soon enough
well, i wouldn't, trading card games were never my thing.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Before Classic went dead, Thor released a card game. Although it wasn't like Yu-Gi-Oh at all it was still fun and it consisted of collecting them. I can see this work, but I don't see the crowd being as big as say Zodiac or Era. Also I like your cards they look really good.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchaseofdoom View Post
Before Classic went dead, Thor released a card game. Although it wasn't like Yu-Gi-Oh at all it was still fun and it consisted of collecting them. I can see this work, but I don't see the crowd being as big as say Zodiac or Era. Also I like your cards they look really good.
Uhm wasn't Thor's card game based off of the FF8 card game?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Uhm wasn't Thor's card game based off of the FF8 card game?
It was DC and Night's card game, and yes that is what it was based off.

Attached some examples:
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I thought so, Also Master Li is a big earred fat ass.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
I thought so, Also Master Li is a big earred fat ass.
Not anymore apparently!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I would love to play a server like this, card games ftw

Also, I thought DC should have tried to make his card game for the iPhone since that has a larger playerbase. you could sell card booster packs and everything like that and make the $$$
Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I would love to play a server like this, card games ftw

Also, I thought DC should have tried to make his card game for the iPhone since that has a larger playerbase. you could sell card booster packs and everything like that and make the $$$
I would think that those who know where the game is from would love to see SquareEnix take this due to the fact SquareSoft (SquareEnix's old name before the merge) would rather play the FF8 game or just an overall Final Fantasy edition of the game on their iPhone online.