Go Back   Graal Forums > Private forums > Graal4 Forums > Graal V4 Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned
Yen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Yen Send a message via MSN to Yen
findofflineplayer()

I'm looking for a command to modify an offline player's attributes via script. Would it be possible to get added?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Very doubtful, but it would definitely be handy.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-23-2006, 09:31 AM
JustBreathe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yen
I'm looking for a command to modify an offline player's attributes via script. Would it be possible to get added?
Problem with that is if you do make an object player that's offline... You'd have to create the TServerPlayer... And that might conflict with a LOT of things ( global playerlist, for one... )
Old 06-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
Not really. The server would have to store the data for that player and update it when that account logged on.
but wait! isn't the player's attribs stored on the server anyways?

yen: at present you can accomplish this by making a db to store all changes made when the account is offline. when players log on, check for any changes from onactionplayeronline in the cnpc
Old 06-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calani
Not really. The server would have to store the data for that player and update it when that account logged on.
but wait! isn't the player's attribs stored on the server anyways?

yen: at present you can accomplish this by making a db to store all changes made when the account is offline. when players log on, check for any changes from onactionplayeronline in the cnpc
Recording changes and accessing the variables are two different things.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:35 AM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBreathe
Recording changes and accessing the variables are two different things.
If you rescript the whole damn system using mudaccount-style things, you can access the variables while the player is offline.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-25-2006, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
If you rescript the whole damn system using mudaccount-style things, you can access the variables while the player is offline.
But... That's not what he was asking.

Of course; if one scripts anything entirely from scratch, the potential to do anything with it because as flexable as the code permits it.

In other words: The rainbow's your limit. But... I think he wanted a much more pre-made way.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Okiesmokie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBreathe
But... That's not what he was asking.

Of course; if one scripts anything entirely from scratch, the potential to do anything with it because as flexable as the code permits it.

In other words: The rainbow's your limit. But... I think he wanted a much more pre-made way.
Well, he actually asked how to modify a value of an offline player's attributes. So the question was already answered. I was just replying to your thread about being able to view them.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Theoretically it is possible to make a function for loading a player account. We must make sure it's not breaking things though and that it is deleting correctly afterwards, may be similar to TStaticVar. One problem right now is that only the gserver is loading the player account, while the npcserver is only modifying variables and sending updates, but never touching the account itself.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Theoretically it is possible to make a function for loading a player account. We must make sure it's not breaking things though and that it is deleting correctly afterwards, may be similar to TStaticVar. One problem right now is that only the gserver is loading the player account, while the npcserver is only modifying variables and sending updates, but never touching the account itself.
It would really be a handy function.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Then cant you make it so that when the gserver loads the player when it first logs on, it loads any changed made to the player while he/she was gone?