Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:28 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Here are a few concerns about the timer:
* Timer runs out, now what?
* Chosen leader logs off during drafting process
* Server lag
* or the classic "I lagged out mom help"
Old 05-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
* Server lag
1. It auto drafts the player under your selection, or if none is selected you lose that pick.
2. Oh god, if they log off its bad either way... why would you do this! But the timer helps prevent that from occuring, keeping the draft in a reasonable time frame. I'm sure most selections will be pretty much instant.. but in the case of someone afking it cures the time factor.
3. There really hasn't been huge fits of server lag since PR's stopped spamming file browser for logs. The worst we get is a mass disconnection (perhaps the timer could pause if the player goes offline? This fixes #2 as well), or high ping.
4. Same as solution #3 to #2, if they go offline for a moment it would pause and require the player to open the list again before it resumes. If you lagged out while selecting, it would pick the person you had highlighted. If you're frozen for 2+ minutes.. please contact your ISP and stop doing drafts on video games.

I dunno, I'm obviously in favor of it, but it's not up to me. We'd just have to see how it goes.. if everyone's picking at rapid fire that's cool. Perhaps a 1 minute timer could be activated only if the other 3 captains choose to cause #4 is being a douche and holding things up.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
To clarify something about the Good Friday Agreement, as far as I can tell, it only applied to prisoners who were serving sentences related to paramilitary activity. They weren't releasing your run-of-the-mill rapists and murderers.

And to clarify about the image I posted above (and below), that's just something I drew in Photoshop. It's not a working GUI or system (yet).

Also, just to add an idea of my own to it, what about being able to see details of the draft in progress?
kinda like this:

And one more thing. What would happen if the time ran out on someone's pick? The system chooses for them randomly?

By me saying all i never actually meant every single criminal. I meant exactly what you said but we don't have rapists and murderers on era so what are you talking about? We don't need any sarcastic replies to that sentence btw.

However, REAL criminals were released regardless. Why can't we release people from their bans on a 2D game? Just do it.

Oh and we know it's not a real system on era because we all know the chances of that is 100/1 or greater.

I read your idea.. I don't like it, random gangs wont work. You do realize era is a battleground full of trolls? They all hate each other.. Why would they raid together?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
As to what Koho said, I really don't think it matters who's stuck in what gang. Players will still want points because points convert into to money. If you don't want to be apart of it, then don't sign up for the draft. The new system that has been proposed in this thread has a lot of cool aspects. It will keep track of every little statistic about every players "skill" which allows them to have bragging rights. But if the system fails altogether, then we have something to fall back on (current gang system).

Quote:
* Server lag
When the timer runs out it should just skip your turn, and let you choose from the picks that weren't chosen once every other leader has done their picks <--- This applies if I'm to assume each gang size is averaged between the total number of drafts.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
By me saying all i never actually meant every single criminal. I meant exactly what you said but we don't have rapists and murderers on era so what are you talking about?

Oh and we know it's not a real system on era because we all know the chances of that is 100/1 or greater.

I read your idea.. I don't like it, random gangs wont work. You do realize era is a battleground full of trolls? They all hate each other.. Why would they raid together?
First off, please trim your quotes.. at least remove the huge images if not clip precisely to what you're responding to. Be presentable.

A lot of players have been unbanned recently from what I've seen running around the server. Godzilla is a different case because he had his chance to come back with an agreement that he would be permed if there was a 'next time'. This is all he ever posts about, and it's best to just ignore him.

You talk about sarcasm not being warranted then say this? Really?
The system was conceptualized not more than a week ago, and we already have mock-ups and graphics being made; as well as a handful of coders willing to create it because it's a fairly simple concept.

At this point we're not discussing the 'random gang' idea, and as Tim said there's plenty of individual ratings to chase after that should overcome petty quarrels.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
First off, please trim your quotes.. at least remove the huge images if not clip precisely to what you're responding to. Be presentable.

A lot of players have been unbanned recently from what I've seen running around the server. Godzilla is a different case because he had his chance to come back with an agreement that he would be permed if there was a 'next time'. This is all he ever posts about, and it's best to just ignore him.

You talk about sarcasm not being warranted then say this? Really?
The system was conceptualized not more than a week ago, and we already have mock-ups and graphics being made; as well as a handful of coders willing to create it because it's a fairly simple concept.

At this point we're not discussing the 'random gang' idea, and as Tim said there's plenty of individual ratings to chase after that should overcome petty quarrels.
I don't need to be presentable because in some of the things i said i wasn't writing for the world to see. I was talking directly to Fiber and he would understand what i was saying. Don't be nosy.

So you think because of some people that you know off was unbanned so that is everyone unbanned? Let me tell you, there is a hell of a lot of people banned on this game. More than you think.

Why keep Godzilla permanently banned? What's he a threat to? You permanently ban a guy for being constantly annoying then may i ask Rogue.. Why aren't you banned then?

At this point it doesn't matter what you discuss. Nothing in this thread will be done. Holy ****, when do you realize that?

At the last comment.. If you read back far enough i actually said that.

I also had to laugh at the presentable comment. You put more effort into presenting your comments than you ever did with your work on era but that's another story.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
As to what Koho said, I really don't think it matters who's stuck in what gang. Players will still want points because points convert into to money. If you don't want to be apart of it, then don't sign up for the draft. The new system that has been proposed in this thread has a lot of cool aspects. It will keep track of every little statistic about every players "skill" which allows them to have bragging rights. But if the system fails altogether, then we have something to fall back on (current gang system).

When the timer runs out it should just skip your turn, and let you choose from the picks that weren't chosen once every other leader has done their picks <--- This applies if I'm to assume each gang size is averaged between the total number of drafts.
Not the problem. The problem is... people won't fight each other because they're buddys. If you look at some raids now certain people avoid fighting because they're buddys. Could you imagine mixing up soul and everyone else.. This server is basically all familys. Why would they kill each other?

As cool as it sounds i just cannot see it working, sorry.

However... What i will say is. I like a tryer. No harm in trying but i'm just pointing out why i cannot see it working.

You cant do this alone, Tim. A team needs to be reassembled for this project. Will era make this their #1 project. I don't think so. As much as i like Zao, he's to busy making puzzle events and everyone else is playing the political game trying to get eachother fired.

Good luck.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
There are a lot of players banned at the moment. That's kinda off topic though, I'm confused how our posts haven't been edited by now.

And I don't see why this project is so unrealistic to accomplish, Blue, Amsel, Seth, Ice and myself are willing to work on it (as far as I know). Whether or not it's successful completely depends on execution and whether the players actually participate.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Quote:
There are a lot of players banned at the moment. That's kinda off topic though, I'm confused how our posts haven't been edited by now.

And I don't see why this project is so unrealistic to accomplish, Blue, Amsel, Seth, Ice and myself are willing to work on it (as far as I know). Whether or not it's successful completely depends on execution and whether the players actually participate.
You are really surprised our comments aren't edited? Cannot be serious. The runnings of this game haven't a clue lol

Okay, good to know theirs a team ready for it. My advice would also be... Hype it up.. Talk about this new awesome thing coming.. get players hungry for something.. Don't just drop a sudden change on them, they will kack themselves and hate it.

Make them aware of the change. Something era has never done.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
You are really surprised our comments aren't edited? Cannot be serious.
Just you wait, it will get edited in a day or so.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Just you wait, it will get edited in a day or so.

It will now that you mentioned it.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:08 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
no qq thread plz... trim your quotes, eat your catnip, keep calm and tl;dr.

There's also the following to bring up:
The transition from system A to system B.
System A being the current system.
System B being future system talked about in this thread.

Currently, players own gangs they paid for. And believe it or not, but, a lot of players actually do like the current system (most are not active on the forums, obv). Not sure re-funding and dropping a new system spontaneously is the best idea. I think a rough-draft would need to be presented in-game with the idea and receive even more feedback from players who do not frequent the forums (the more active players).
Old 05-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Quote:
no qq thread plz... trim your quotes, eat your catnip, keep calm and tl;dr.

There's also the following to bring up:
The transition from system A to system B.
System A being the current system.
System B being future system talked about in this thread.

Currently, players own gangs they paid for. And believe it or not, but, a lot of players actually do like the current system (most are not active on the forums, obv). Not sure re-funding and dropping a new system spontaneously is the best idea. I think a rough-draft would need to be presented in-game with the idea and receive even more feedback from players who do not frequent the forums (the more active players).
Who's QQing?

You say a lot of players like the current system, evidence of this?
You guys always change things and never refund, why mention it now?

Can i also ask who took away the hotkey for nades but nitros are still hotkeyable (correct me if i'm wrong about that) To me that sounds like rob peter to pay paul.

All you need to do is backup the current system.. Make sure the new system is 100% ready before release, see how players respond to it and if it doesn't work out we have the backup to the current gang system to try again.

Pretty disappointing that the players always have to try and get stuff done, as a team should you guys not be having these discussions everyday on how to improve the gang system? I've been on RC quite a lot of times and what goes on there is disappointing to say the least.

Theirs no hope for this server.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Nitros aren't hotkeyable either, don't know why any throwables were hotkeyable, just press b, and shift W to switch.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I forgot to mention something.

I find it hillarious how Rogue is putting all his effort on here looking like he wants to improve the gang system etc etc

Then on era, he's running around with a Flak, running, nading, laming, bombing. Doing all the things he QQ's about on here.

Rogue. You're deluded.
Closed Thread