Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Sup Kramer.

Let's do this. Do our thang.

Graal2001 already has so many unfinished plans which are genius, it's like we would be required to do no thinking whatsoever and the fun part is up to the willing.

A far cry from a project like Classic, where loads of my brain seem to be required.
Development for Graal2001 should be cake.

There was a time when Graal2001 development required specialization, and these days it seems like there are MORE qualified developers around. They're just scattered and not concentrated. I'd like to see 2k1 turned into something of a concentration camp for developers.

Scoff if you'd like. You're probably taking what I said out of context.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Whoever takes the above out of context is an ignorant noob.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see Graal2001 open its doors again. Graal PC/Mac needs to get its playerbase back, as there seems to be more players on iPhone Graal...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
This thread is awesome. Did you guys know (I hated spoiling surprises) that eons ago I was setting it up where you could be whatever type of body you liked better? It had almost been finished when we were strong-armed into a premature release!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cheetosnewbiesuit.png
Views:	205
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	51366  
Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
This thread is awesome. Did you guys know (I hated spoiling surprises) that eons ago I was setting it up where you could be whatever type of body you liked better? It had almost been finished when we were strong-armed into a premature release!
So did Twusk get his neck realigned?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
So did Twusk get his neck realigned?
I don't think so, unfortunately. He's still endlessly scavenging for cheese using portals.

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Did you guys know (I hated spoiling surprises) that eons ago I was setting it up where you could be whatever type of body you liked better? It had almost been finished when we were strong-armed into a premature release!
Having two different body sizes with completely different proportions sounds (and looks) dumb as hell.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:10 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Having two different body sizes with completely different proportions sounds (and looks) dumb as hell.
Oh no, some people might have been taller than other people! To be fair, it was only going to be a temporary thing anyway. The point of it was to transition from having scripts set specific animations to setting animations based on the type of body being worked with (human, bomy, whatever). Stage 2 of the same plan was to ditch both in favor of the new short bodies whenever ganis were made for them. Unfortunately, we never made it to Stage 2 because our gani-making folks were never up to the task.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
So who is in charge now and when is Bomy Islands opening up again? At least have a sparring room or "bomberman" game up again.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alure1316 View Post
So who is in charge now and when is Bomy Islands opening up again? At least have a sparring room or "bomberman" game up again.
Skyld, and unknown (never if you use forum activity as a measure of server progress).

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-13-2010 at 09:41 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
It has been awhile since this server has been up, and since then i'm sure many changes to the scripting engine and whatever else was made better or available for use, Is it REALLY necessary to remake all of the graphics for the entire server AND all of the scripting as if you were making something completly from nothing? There was quite a bit of old content, tiles, and other good graphics ready to go, and i'm unsure what was planned with scripting everything, it felt to me like people were making entirely new levels, gani's tilesets and whatnot and making it in the image of bomy moon without using a thing from the old server.

Since the last time it was opened the server went on a fort knox type of lockdown where nothing is shown to the community or talked about other than your assurance that "work is being done, hold your horses please" And sadly, rufus was overwhelmed by the workload, most likely from lack of proper help to do it and now i feel all of the work you have done, koni and lance before you, will not really be used and the next manager will try to add their ideas to the server from square one pretty much, stating such things as "The scripting was poorly done, and a general mess, so i started over and things are going great, but there is lots to do so send in those applications and you might be hired! High quality work only." and the tired excuses some people use about not wanting to work with a certain player because "It just wont work out, we CAN'T work together." that's BS, in the real world you do your damn job even if you hate the other guy, it's all about the server, not your own little personal feelings against another worker.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:36 PM
The Shaded Leg
James205 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to James205 Send a message via AIM to James205
Haha this is still being passed on from on developer to another? Each one claiming significant progress has been made and some announcement is coming... then nothing comes.

I'd think it would be easy enough to atleast put up a simple release of g2k1, remember when it first came out and there was barely anything to do because nothing was finished? All you could really do was jump rope, do one quest, cs and a couple of other things. Why not release it from it's bare essential form when it was released initially? Then progressively work on finishing and releasing items/jobs/quests like how it did in the first place?

It worked before and it should work again. I mean we are honestly talking about a playerworld that was released 10 years ago. You're never going to get people engaged in it by just simply passing it to someone, that person claiming it's almost done, quits then passes it on to someone else.

What seems to keep happening is people come in, plan to change wayyy too much then lose interest. Please someone just do it right for god sakes or just put it to rest forever.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James205 View Post
Haha this is still being passed on from on developer to another? Each one claiming significant progress has been made and some announcement is coming... then nothing comes.

I'd think it would be easy enough to atleast put up a simple release of g2k1, remember when it first came out and there was barely anything to do because nothing was finished? All you could really do was jump rope, do one quest, cs and a couple of other things. Why not release it from it's bare essential form when it was released initially? Then progressively work on finishing and releasing items/jobs/quests like how it did in the first place?

It worked before and it should work again. I mean we are honestly talking about a playerworld that was released 10 years ago. You're never going to get people engaged in it by just simply passing it to someone, that person claiming it's almost done, quits then passes it on to someone else.

What seems to keep happening is people come in, plan to change wayyy too much then lose interest. Please someone just do it right for god sakes or just put it to rest forever.
I agree. Release Bomy for us, and work on the server while we play the basic quests, and while we mine, and cut bushes for gralat and just have fun around the server. Then release packets of content every month or so.

At this rate, Bomy Island will never be released. Did Rufus even work on it? I remember he posted a video on YouTube of him gliding down the swamp. Wtf?
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
At least Lance was able to get something released and have hundreds of players stick around for months until the workforce couldn't keep up with the work load literally.

I don't see anything like that going on for a single person on Graal right now.
Seems like a hell of a lot more fun than what goes on these days, also.
It was.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
At least Lance was able to get something released and have hundreds of players stick around for months until the workforce couldn't keep up with the work load literally.
Months? I don't remember Graal Bomy Moon's classic release lasting any longer than a week nor was it even that great.