Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Stan?
TheStan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheStan Send a message via MSN to TheStan
Particle Engine: Couple Additions?

Having recently acquainted myself with the particle engine...I find that there are quite a few things that Graal's Developers would benefit from, pending them being added to the particle engine.
  • The first of which, and quite possible the most important, is that there should be some kind of event and/or notification of an individual particle being destroyed. I.E., onParticleDestroyed(atx, aty, atz), that way we can have a few functions for things like splash ganis where rain drops hit the ground maybe.
  • I've also been thinking sub-emitter functionality would be very useful for quite some time now. Allowing particles to emit other particles maybe very helpful when doing multiple emitters/particles for an effect.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I told you on Valikorlia RC that you should have a separate emitter do splash ganis/images randomly or so.

Having an event for every particle destroyed, which could be many particles a frame, would lag more than a 0.05 timeout loop.

And for the sub-emitter, is it not possible to find the location of a TParticle and just have another emitter emit relative to it?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Try this:
Quote:
TParticle.emitter - object (read only) - for specifying the attributes of a sub-emitter
Old 08-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Stan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I told you on Valikorlia RC that you should have a separate emitter do splash ganis/images randomly or so.

Having an event for every particle destroyed, which could be many particles a frame, would lag more than a 0.05 timeout loop.

And for the sub-emitter, is it not possible to find the location of a TParticle and just have another emitter emit relative to it?
Alas, I suppose that will be efficient enough. I was hoping for something a bit more accurate i.e. at the exact drop point, but alrighty then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Try this:
I will make sure to do so.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
There are dropemitter and dropwateremitter, those can be used to show rain drops, particles can also use ganis.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Stan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There are dropemitter and dropwateremitter, those can be used to show rain drops, particles can also use ganis.
Forgive me but what do dropemitter and dropwateremitter actually do? o.o The wiki isn't clear.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well they emit particles on the spot where a particle is landing