Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Crescent Pirates
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should Ziro be king again
Yes 7 25.00%
No, Mark's fine 9 32.14%
No, but get rid of Mark 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Who wants Ziro back?

I do now mate. I can't even punish someone who's just not obeying the rules and it's pissing me off. Under Ziro's and Valder's reign the Pirates atleast were Pirates, now they're just your average neighborhood kingdom.

Sorry Mark, it's nothing personal, but it's getting a little bit over the edge. The ranks and their rights have changed for the worst now, and the Captains are the only 'officials' you see on, apart from the First Lady. I guess you'd better get up something good before all others turn against you, which some already are, because the dudes nominated for Governor were passed by.

I'm not going to vote because i think Mark deserves some other changes, but it's getting a bit absurd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 03-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Lol i vote get rid of mark o_O
The problem is though, who with? I reckon you or that misti di person would probably be the best candidates, but still, dunno...
Old 03-20-2004, 04:44 AM
kc5ikc is on a distinguished road
Can't say that I'd support Ziro coming back unless I knew for sure where he plans on taking the Pirates back to. Though returning to a similar format that was instated in the past, I don't wish to see the Pirates secluded from society as before in the Roleplay sense. My reasoning for stepping down and out as Mayor in the Pirates is similart to other problems, I have no way to correct, demote or bump out anyone that is problematic and doesn't see a need to follow any general guidelines, then again, we really have no Guidelines anymore, seeing as none except for a few made by GhostPirate long ago have been put at the top of the thread.
Promotions now are merely granted and many in higher ranks are never ontag or online, and thats sad to see, just a few short weeks ago, I remember seeing the most Pirates ontag since I've been here and now its back to almost none ontag.

Anyways, I wish the Pirates goodluck in this, as I still consider myself a Pirate to this day, I just cannot see wasting time supporting someone that is never on or seems to be willing to fix the problems in which he's created....
Old 03-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Quote:
Originally posted by kc5ikc
Can't say that I'd support Ziro coming back unless I knew for sure where he plans on taking the Pirates back to.
I never quit the kingdom. I was removed. (And what you didn't see is me telling Valder in forum PM's "If you regret taking pirates' Governorship from me(as he said in the thread when he left), why not just give Governorship back to me. I'd be happy to take it again." Of course I'd still be happy to take the Governorship back. Unfortunatly, that's not my choice. And many people seem to believe I was the worst Governor all though these facts remain:
1. When I was put as Governor, I immedietly put some RP rules into effect.
2. I was IC all the time if I was on tag.. and most of the time, I was on tag.
3. All events during my time were RP-only.
4. RPing activity boosts up since the beginning of my Governorship. Instead of the common high-leveled bad/non-RPers, the population of the kingdom is more known for low-leveled great RPers (some of which who quit because they see that there's bad RPing on Graal, and some of which who have gained high in levels... and others still just take it easy and RP..)
5. After removing me, Valder has RP rules, but noone really has to follow them.
6. Valder then gets bored and quits and gives Pirates to someone who isn't even involved (was he ever?).
7. This new someone seems to have NO RP rules. (Whether you accept it or not, kingdoms were originally intended to be RP groups... RP groups are for RPing, not walking around, acting like a member, and NEVER RPing)
8. Members (including high officials as the Governor) are seen on tag being only OOC (members crowding around the Governor and being OOC is one scene I remember and took a screenshot of...), and claim to RP only on their island.

See where things went downhill? It's all about the RPing really...

edit: (saying more)
Quote:
Originally posted by kc5ikc
Though returning to a similar format that was instated in the past, I don't wish to see the Pirates secluded from society as before in the Roleplay sense.
That system (seclusion...) was done away with... but then I was removed anyways by means which MarkB now refers to as "illegal". I hope what he says is not true. That would mean *gasp* he's illegally Governor.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:50 AM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
I won't comment on MarkB or Mark not to be, but I will say that Ziro really was removed by CP, not Valder.

CP's replacing Ziro with Valder may not have gone as CP wished, based on how Valder handled power, (inactivity, passing kingdom to non-member, etc) but he did replace Ziro, which is one thing people did agree was good.

I am sorry - its nothing personal against Ziro. I just feel that it is in poor taste to blame Valder for Ziro's removal, when it was CP that had been trying to get Ziro to step down for a good while running, that got Valder's attention in the first place.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 03-20-2004, 08:59 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Why must everyone complain about leadership in Pirates all the time? For gods sake, look at Dustari, or Forest. Take care of them before you complain about a few little things that really amount to nothing in Pirates.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by busyrobot
. I just feel that it is in poor taste to blame Valder for Ziro's removal, when it was CP that had been trying to get Ziro to step down for a good while running, that got Valder's attention in the first place.
Noone blamed Valder. CP didn't remove me. Misty Di added Valder as Governor. Valder then removed me. As for people wanting me to step down, it was all based on meaningless arguments people brought forth due to me simply enforcing RPing in the kingdom. That's what it all came down to. People simply saw it as a chance to throw in their own arguments and create a big problem.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Quote:
Originally posted by skyler87
Why must everyone complain about leadership in Pirates all the time? For gods sake, look at Dustari, or Forest. Take care of them before you complain about a few little things that really amount to nothing in Pirates.
As far as I can see, Dustari's leadership works fine, and the kingdom's prospering. Forest is certainly a bit different, as it's being worked on any nobody knows when it will be done, but I don't see a problem of leadership there, either. The point is that it amounts to something for the pirates, and that if it did properly, there would be more of them

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 03-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
When's Mark posting? o.o;
He's active, i know, i saw him on Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally posted by GoZelda
When's Mark posting? o.o;
He's active, i know, i saw him on Era.
Mark should be playing alot more.
He's quit ALL his servers apart from Era and Graal Kingdoms, guess we'll just have to wait?
Old 03-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by skyler87
What a silly thing to say o_O
The people in Dustari are happy, they're content with their leaders, and their leaders don't create any problems. Happy members = happy kingdom = happy leaders.
Forest, blah, what's the point in even talking about forest at all? You think a new leader would make it better? Nah. I don't know anything about chris or his abilities as a leader, but if another one was put in place right now, it would be the wrong choice. There are no leaders to choose from on kingdoms right now, so whoever else was put in control would probably just recruit *****s and stuff, or not even bother for very long to revive forest, and all chris' [supposed] work will have gone to a complete waste. Right now, chris = forest, and chris = happy. So forest = fine.

Pirates, on the other hand, are miserable (the ones of them that even care about Roleplaying and their kingdom, anyway). Their leader is inactive, and has screwed up the ranks, and has screwed up the rights, and has pretty much just aided in the screwing up of the kingdom. People are complaining about the leadership in pirates because it upsets them. There is something wrong with this kingdom, whereas dustari (and forest?) are fine. What the hell prevents you from understanding such a simple thing?
Old 03-21-2004, 04:05 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
Well, most kingdom leaders would close a thread like this. However, I will not. My grandmother has been very sick lately, haveing consecutive heart attacks in two days, back to back. That is the reason for my inactivity as of late. I plan on getting back into the game more, once I find out the fate my grandma. I appoligize to all whom I have let down during this time, but it has been hard.

I am still waiting on the pirate items, and I am adding a few Pirates to debug, so we can release some new things. I hope you people stick with me, for you will see new things in the future.

Cyrin, I would have considered you my friend. However, I guess not. If you were a friend, you would have came to me 1 on 1 about an issue like this, rather than going for a publicity stunt on the forums.

I have been acting rather immature lately, pissed off about all the **** that is going on with my grand mother and what not. I have added Padren to ignore, someone who I would have valued as a friend 3 months ago. A lot of things that I have done, I regret.

These poles however, are useless. I have decided already, that if I do decide to resign as governor of Pirates, I will not appoint someone myself to be Governor. I have decided that I will let the leaders of neighboring kingdoms choose who will lead Pirates, as they will know what is best. I am not resigning, do not take this as a resignation in any way, shape, or form. This is moreless in case I need to take the last resort.

-MarkB

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 03-21-2004, 04:14 AM
Why the hell are there always leaders who either have problems in their lives that won't let them lead the right way (Valder and his computer issues, saying it kept him from being active...and now MarkB), instead of leaders with nothing else to do but play Graal and have no problem doing so. Remember those guys? Remember me? Sure, I had computer problems... I was on an older computer than I am now and it would shut off on me periodically, but I didn't bother to tell anyone about my problems like Valder did. I worked with things as best as I could. Nor did I tell everyone of my personal problems. I had people take care of things if I couldn't be around. If anyone, only they would know why I couldn't do things myself. See how well that worked out? Things went uphill during since leadership, and have gone back down since I left -.-
It's only a matter of time before we can say that if there were an equivilant of bad to how good things were in Ghost Pirate's days... these days will be it. Let it be known as the Anti-Ghost Pirate Era (or Anti-GP Era for short)
Old 03-21-2004, 04:15 AM
Banned
Myukoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myukoi
I like mark. Ziro was too strict, he removed me one day without any notice. Not even a possible IC reason. I agree mark doesen't do any rp good, and pirates isn't a strict rp kingdom as before, but he seems to like pirates alot, look at his avatar, and he's doing alot. Kingdoms isn't RP, it's pk, quest, and that's about all. So yeah, i think mark should stay.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Myukoi
Kingdoms isn't RP, it's pk
And that's the problem. It's why there has to be change. It's why I did/encouraged everything EXCEPT for that during my leadership.
Closed Thread