Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Zodiac, jailed for the escape button.

This is outrageous. I've been jailed on Zodiac for 2 hours for pressing the escape button.

"Please, be aware that if you press escape while in a dungeon it'll be logged. If you're in a party the entire party members will be effected aswell, not just you. You'll be punished !" -Zodiac NPC Server

I accidentally hit escape and now I'm stuck.......

There has got to be a better way....

-[email protected]
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Ah yea, the almighty xAndrewx added that today lol Did'nt actually know what he meant. Seems a little harsh though lol

Punishment should be so they cannot equipt their weaponry or enter dungeons again for an hour or so.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Your entire party gets jailed, according to the rules.

So if I'm in a big party I can press esc and get everyone jailed for the hell of it.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
"seized by somnolence"
Punishment!?

For what, I pressed the wrong button on my keyboard.....

-[email protected]
Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Seriously this sounds so stupid I hope it's suddenly april 1st or something.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
So if I'm in a big party I can press esc and get everyone jailed for the hell of it.
Man let's get a huge party sometime today and then press esc really fast after we mass out "WE'RE JAILING OUR ENTIRE PARTY"

Honestly why the hell jail the entire party? Players conspiring with others to press an esc button GUARANTEED if say someone presses it like sage_scooby by accident and pays the price of 2 hours in "jail"?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
"seized by somnolence"
Nope it's real....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	escape2.png
Views:	600
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	43445  

-[email protected]
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby View Post
Nope it's real....
This calls for forming a HUGE PARTY and wrecking lives until I accidentally press escape right?

Honestly they keep this the whole idea of parties are gonna go bye.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Why jail players that are using a default feature of Graal? Doesnt make sense to me...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Why jail players that are using a default feature of Graal? Doesnt make sense to me...
Why jail the entire PARTY?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
This is just a ridiculously stupid idea. Is there no competently active management or what?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't play Zodiac, so what's the big deal with the escape button being used?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I don't play Zodiac, so what's the big deal with the escape button being used?
For windows, it goes into the "Do you really want to quit Graal?" screen and I think the client stops accepting packets from the servers when that screen is up.

Zodiac should change the escape button jail thingy ASAP. However, I also think Graal should either get rid of that escape menu, or just make it like linux where the menu is a GUI Control.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
The party thing is a bit dumb. I can see the reason, but this whole idea just screams abuse. You're putting jailing powers in the hands of players... tut tut.
Either just simply log it and judge for yourself, or keep track of multiple uses of the escape button. Lastly, just bug Stefan... who actually uses that feature?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
well it was added because monsters on Zodiac still attack the player if the player is on the escape button, there's no way to check if the player's in that menu or not.

The people in the party that are jailed must have been in a dungeon for them to be in jail.

It's simple, why would you press esc in the dungeon and then click on cancel? The person that pressed esc is jailed for two hours * amount of times that they've pressed the esc button. The party members are jailed for 30 * amounts THEY HAVE pressed it.

If there was another way, I'd gladly do it. However, there isn't... It's constant abuse.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 PM
[TServerDeveloper]
Novo will become famous soon enough
=] Moral of the story is.. Don't THINK about leaving Zodiac!
Closed Thread