Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 02:47 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
HEY! Pull a page from Graal Kingdoms and add an item betflip table!
We said this tons of times
Old 06-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I mean get rid of betflipping!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I like the idea of scaling down, but it wouldn't work by just /10ing everything. You can't have .# of a dollar, and most base items/job payouts are like $2, 3, 5, 6, 11, someone would have to re-balance all the jobs. I'd do it cause it actually sounds like fun, but I'm not a staffer.
You can have .# of a dollar. You cant have .# of a gelat. All it would take is an interface change to make 105 gelats display as $10.50.
Jobs could stay the way they are. But this doesnt actually fix anything.

Another solution would be to bring back the supply/demand pricing in NPC shops. Not sure why it was ever removed, but it helped the NPC shop keep up with the ammo sales at Gun Point and Ammo Mart back in the day.
How it works, is if nobody buys an item from the NPC shop for a while the price slowly starts falling in the shop. Eventually shop prices should equalise with the real trading value of items and when people buy from the shop instead of a player the money is actually removed from circulation.
So MP5 is 900k in the shop atm, it trades among players for 750k. After nobody buying an MP5 for a few hours in the shop it drops in price by 1%, rinse and repeat. After a while it's <749k in the shop, so somebody buys it from there instead of from a player, and 749k is destroyed, then the price goes back up to 900k and the process starts again.
Ammo was slightly different because it was based on hourly sales I think, if it didnt sell more than a certain number of boxes of ammo in an hour the price dropped by $1 for the next whole hour.

Last edited by Demisis_P2P; 06-11-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
When I was trying to identify the problem last year, what I observed was that jobs paid way more than they should. The rationalization was that you should be able to buy something nice with one day of hard work.

I mentioned "balance" earlier. If you want to decrease the bloat at the top you have to reduce the trickle in at the bottom - like jobs. This won't have the same over night effect of intentionally manipulating the value of items by knocking off a few decimal places from the value but the long term effect is much more healthy and sustainable.

Era is like the proverbial horse; you can take it to water but you can't make it drink.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 AM
lTBSl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lTBSl Send a message via MSN to lTBSl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You can have .# of a dollar. You cant have .# of a gelat. All it would take is an interface change to make 105 gelats display as $10.50.
Jobs could stay the way they are. But this doesnt actually fix anything.

Another solution would be to bring back the supply/demand pricing in NPC shops. Not sure why it was ever removed, but it helped the NPC shop keep up with the ammo sales at Gun Point and Ammo Mart back in the day.
How it works, is if nobody buys an item from the NPC shop for a while the price slowly starts falling in the shop. Eventually shop prices should equalise with the real trading value of items and when people buy from the shop instead of a player the money is actually removed from circulation.
So MP5 is 900k in the shop atm, it trades among players for 750k. After nobody buying an MP5 for a few hours in the shop it drops in price by 1%, rinse and repeat. After a while it's <749k in the shop, so somebody buys it from there instead of from a player, and 749k is destroyed, then the price goes back up to 900k and the process starts again.
Ammo was slightly different because it was based on hourly sales I think, if it didnt sell more than a certain number of boxes of ammo in an hour the price dropped by $1 for the next whole hour.
I really, really like the idea of bringing this back..I do remember this years and years ago.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lTBSl View Post
I really, really like the idea of bringing this back..I do remember this years and years ago.
I need to stop talking to my brother about what I think should happen, he always posts them on the forums and gets love
Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Lost a mil.

This game is boring anyways especially after owning all the guns ever available for purchase... whatevs.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Lost a mil.

This game is boring anyways especially after owning all the guns ever available for purchase... whatevs.
Lost a 1m betflip like a month ago.

But I won it all from betflipping anyway, save for the first 50k I got from pawning quest items.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
So....We keeping or removing bet flipping?
Lets put an end to this.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
So....We keeping or removing bet flipping?
Lets put an end to this.
I don't see any reason to remove betflipping :o nobody is forcing players to participate, and I don't buy in to the premise that people are quitting over betflip. Everyone who I've heard say "I'm quitting Era because I lost everything in betflip" has been back online (and usually at the betflip table) within 24 hours.

I like a lot of the ideas that have come out in this thread. I see a "sword in the stone" type thing being very possible, and I will open some discussion about the possibility of having a demand-based npc shop again.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
if u dont got luck den u not gonna win noobs me and tre made 20m+ off bet flipping but we got perma banned for being too rich , broke admins love banning young rich nqqas
Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
if u dont got luck den u not gonna win noobs me and tre made 20m+ off bet flipping but we got perma banned for being too rich , broke admins love banning young rich nqqas
Darlene, this is racist.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:30 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
I tried it once. Did the 5k one. I won. Then I gave 5k back to the player that I beat. I just wanted to try it.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
I never got banned for that, maybe they cross-checked IQ and wealth