Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
While I do agree with some of you, I really don't agree with the hate towards UN. I grew up on the server, and while it personally wasn't my favorite server, I had a lot of fun on it. Back in the days when TCPK and Castle Wars was constantly active, the server really was a lot of fun from a pk standpoint. The events, again while not the best, were enjoyable when I was tired of pking. Not to mention hat/npc collection gave players other stuff to do. I know this thread isn't about UN itself, but if iUN is done right it could be a really fun server. And I would love to see new Graal players having the same fun experience I've had on the server. Best of luck with development.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Hehe, got me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
No offense to anyone; you're all wonderful people. But UN is a terrible server, sorry you had to find out this way.
Based on....??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
While I do agree with some of you, I really don't agree with the hate towards UN. I grew up on the server, and while it personally wasn't my favorite server, I had a lot of fun on it. Back in the days when TCPK and Castle Wars was constantly active, the server really was a lot of fun from a pk standpoint. The events, again while not the best, were enjoyable when I was tired of pking. Not to mention hat/npc collection gave players other stuff to do. I know this thread isn't about UN itself, but if iUN is done right it could be a really fun server. And I would love to see new Graal players having the same fun experience I've had on the server. Best of luck with development.
Thanks, we certainly plan to retain the successful portions of UN to be ported over to iUN, but done in a much neater fashion.

Last edited by devilsknite1; 07-15-2013 at 06:43 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 PM
pffttt
Bensor is on a distinguished road
I hope to see iUN get added to the list of iOS servers in the future. Try to keep me update!
I would love to help you guys when you start the server up.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I support UN making the transaction to mobile devices....
If un content sucks so bad then y classic got back on classic tab and a short period time get off..

UN been the longest server on graal.. Its for a reason
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Will the same manager that manages the PC server be managing this server as well, or will a new manager be appointed?

Will a new staff team be put together for this?

Will Bane be creating his useless half finished projects for this server too?

What about the playerhouses/guildhouses that currently exist on the PC server, will these exist there as well?

Old UN was successful because it was smaller and a lot more simple. It has since grown into a huge mess. How will the overworld be transitioned?

I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out. If this succeeds, it will be nice to see UN regain its former glory in a new light, if it fails it will just add to the factor that UN is a joke.

Big props to C: for being so passionate about this and wanting to make something of UN again. Putting a lot of his free time into this development without compensation and making Stefan more money. His parents must be so proud.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 AM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightslayer317 View Post
Will the same manager that manages the PC server be managing this server as well, or will a new manager be appointed?

Will a new staff team be put together for this?

What about the playerhouses/guildhouses that currently exist on the PC server, will these exist there as well?

Old UN was successful because it was smaller and a lot more simple. It has since grown into a huge mess. How will the overworld be transitioned?

I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out. If this succeeds, it will be nice to see UN regain its former glory in a new light, if it fails it will just add to the factor that UN is a joke.

Big props to C: for being so passionate about this and wanting to make something of UN again. Putting a lot of his free time into this development without compensation and making Stefan more money. His parents must be so proud.
iOS servers are generally given new managers from PC servers, so I'd expect the same to happen to iOS upon release.

Yes and no. Some people (like myself) will be working on both PC UN and iUN. Hardly any available/willing devs on Graal so we have to burn ourselves out.

PC guildhouses and playerhouses I would imagine them to be getting removed. The explanation as to why will be in next answer.

Gmap is going to be shrunk and changed quite a bit. Most useless space will be removed. However, that's not to say there will not be room for exploring, as there definitely will be.

I'd certainly like to see UN become relevant again, and this may be the thing that does it. However, after watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTxvJCOdDA I don't know if Graal is even safe to play anymore. Thank you BlueMelon for warning us about that.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 PM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
What do you need assistance with? Have you reached out to the community?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I question the lucrativeness compared to the amount of time and effort you'd have to put into in making iUN...since its a "social activity" server like iClassic...

One thing that I believe destroyed the once shining community of Graal... too many servers, to much unorganized variety

Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I question the lucrativeness compared to the amount of time and effort you'd have to put into in making iUN...since its a "social activity" server like iClassic...

One thing that I believe destroyed the once shining community of Graal... too many servers, to much unorganized variety
wut, Graal was shining hardest (on PC) when we had all those servers. Back then there was no variety in gameplay anyway.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
wut, Graal was shining hardest (on PC) when we had all those servers. Back then there was no variety in gameplay anyway.
I meant, before every player had the idea to start a project by themselves

Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I meant, before every player had the idea to start a project by themselves
They always did, the difference then was that you couldn't just buy a server and pretend you're somebody. You had to get together with friends and get approved for hosted status. That was better because you still stayed active on the server you played.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:

You sir are correct, with an overabundance of server's and lack of unified development, it eventually lead to the development collapse we currently suffer today.

Quote:
Not even remotely true. Think back on every memorable server and you'll see that they had a distinct bit of gameplay or design that made you even think of them. Quality over Quantity is my point.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Not even remotely true. Think back on every memorable server and you'll see that they had a distinct bit of gameplay or design that made you even think of them. Quality over Quantity is my point.
Useless gimmicks you used here and there (Babylon jump, Dino Valley hookshot, etc) don't make up for the bulk of normal gameplay. Sparring was universal.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Useless gimmicks you used here and there (Babylon jump, Dino Valley hookshot, etc) don't make up for the bulk of normal gameplay. Sparring was universal.
Every server's concept has a gimmick that made them unique versus the other, if you are true to knowing that you'll realize every server had this.

Servers can seriously be compared to the like of flavors of ice cream for this game.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Every server's concept has a gimmick that made them unique versus the other, if you are true to knowing that you'll realize every server had this.

Servers can seriously be compared to the like of flavors of ice cream for this game.
Man, are you ****ing serious? 1998 to 2001 practically every server was the same thing in gameplay. Having a few NPCs here and there that you'd use for a quest or two is not really part of gameplay, let alone core to defining a server's gameplay compared to another. Every server had the same control scheme, the same things to do, and only differed in a couple of NPCs that weren't by any means effecting gameplay. Sure servers had different quests, but every server had them and they accounted for a very small amount of game time. So common that it's not even a defining factor either.

The first server to offer a completely different experience was G2k1, followed by G2k2 and Era. Sometimes I really question if people even played this game back then.