Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Era iPhone - Events & Garden Shop

Hiya,

I've been working on an automated events system & well, here it is.

It does an event every 5 minutes, once an event has finished. It costs the player $$$ to enter the event, and the winner receives 80% of the total money that players have put in for.

It's been live for the past 3 hours, and works fine from what I can see, it's fun
(In the screenshot, ignore the (npcserver) [it would crop the name for admins to display account]- the event is Last Man Standing)

There is also a Garden shop that has opened, it sells trees, shrubs, pots, bench & wire fence which you can buy to make your house pretty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	era_ipevents.png
Views:	295
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	52465  
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What's with those buttons? The corners need some major work.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
they do? =o
Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
they do? =o
They don't look rounded.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Is there a max amount of players that can play to avoid lag?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Hiya,
It does an event every 5 minutes, once an event has finished. It costs the player $$$ to enter the event, and the winner receives 80% of the total money that players have put in for.
So is the primary intention here to provide something fun for players to do around the clock that keeps people on the server and increases the appeal, or is it to gradually remove currency and so increase the chances of people paying in more real money if they do not want to have to spend several hours grinding?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So is the primary intention here to provide something fun for players to do around the clock that keeps people on the server and increases the appeal, or is it to gradually remove currency and so increase the chances of people paying in more real money if they do not want to have to spend several hours grinding?
I agree with this, I thought the same thing, though since im pro Im actually making lots of money.(paid maybe 250-300 so far, won like 1200)
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 PM
its for fun really.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
ty for posting this, as a regular era player I am very much interested in all the new content and fun events and oh wait this is for the iphone thanks for alienating me

just kidding, I don't care about either server
Old 02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
in team-based events does everyone win a percentage of the money?
Old 02-19-2011, 12:46 AM
TheRuckus can only hope to improve
The updates that Era Iphone releases are nice. This is just another example on how you improve your server.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
in team-based events does everyone win a percentage of the money?
There is no team based events yet.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
ty for posting this, as a regular era player I am very much interested in all the new content and fun events and oh wait this is for the iphone thanks for alienating me

just kidding, I don't care about either server
As someone who can read (I hope), the title clearly says "Era Iphone," so you just need to read... or sound it out.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 AM
redsoxsrule424 is on a distinguished road
I really like this update! Keep them coming
Old 02-19-2011, 02:23 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
As someone who can read (I hope), the title clearly says "Era Iphone," so you just need to read... or sound it out.
The white text is important too.