Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2007, 11:18 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
How to make GK fun(light scripting edition)=Stefan please read=

Hello again. I will list these in step by step order of what to do. All will need to be tested on debug with a small volunteer group before release.

The main thing you need to code is a random generator script which will pull the random item/blessing/etc for you. Most of the other scripts are in the game, it will require simple tweaking.

The benefits from this will be seen right away.

*USDing items will grind to a halt, as all items can be obtained with a little work and effort.

*Players can hit each other, regardless of level. Fighting will be more evenly balanced.

*Scamming will no longer need to be a worry. You can find new items again with some help.

1.) Removal of weapon/armor improvement scrolls. Weapons and armor should be blessed only to make them stronger. Also armor and weapons should come with a randomly generated enchantment if they are dropped.(like a sword+4 or something, not with a god blessing)

-after completing step 1, clean the weapons and armor of all items on GK main server upon patching.

2.) Replace the platinum gained from completing a map with a random item. This random item would be pulled from the list of all of GK's items. It could be a nail, or a darkflame. Its all based on your luck.

3.) Replace the cannon firing script with something similar to bows. You grab the cannon and are stuck in place but can spin the curser around to aim and left click to fire. You will need to adjust the time delay properly since it is a cannon.

4.) Removal of speed bonuses from items. This will slow everything down and make it a bit more realistic. 30 dexterity bonus is plenty for people that want to go fast.

5.) Restoration spell should restore 250 food in addition to its current effects. Who ever nerfed that spell crushed it alot. It should be able to restore at least some food.

6.) Nerf the effects of "death" from bile. Or disable its effect on players.

7.) Make lords drop a random item upon death, make lords stronger for this.(resistance to death+100, all others+50, resistance to physical+100, ac+100, wc+100, dam+100) Lords should be high level monsters, this would require a team to fight them.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
*USDing items will grind to a halt, as all items can be obtained with a little work and effort.

*Scamming will no longer need to be a worry. You can find new items again with some help.
Thus you are solving the problem of USDing and scamming by pretty much abolishing the economy.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Ryan Smyth will be missed
Glefistus is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree, but also do something about the dias, i would like to see CURRENCY become the new currency again!

Last edited by Glefistus; 02-16-2007 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: just because
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
i agree, but also do something about the dias, i would like to see CURRENCY become the new currency again!
Reason? It just too heavy, will never happen.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
Diamonds would become unimportiant again, according to Boshs' idea of taking away improvement scrolls.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
platinum would become of value again, not sure if it will become actual currency becuase yes, its heavy. if it had no weight it could be used widely.

And Googi do you know what your talking about? Graal never had an economy.. If you want an economy you need to introduce a way to get everything, then have a way for it to break.

If players really want an economy, script durability, but that will take actual work and time and debugging.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Its already been said, things like this will never happen. It will upseat too many people.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Well, you cannot please everyone, except the majority. The only people that are going to complain are those players that have expensive items, rare event items, given stuff from corrupt staff, spent hundreds of hours farming diamonds, etc... I'm sure there would be a way to compensate them for their loss.

There needs to be some serious thought put into this, I know many people that have said this before, and myself included. If stuff like this was done, it would be a nice fix to the server. You might even get a heck of a lot more people to subscribe to gold and/or vip just to play.

If platinum, gold, and silver were to be currency again among the community on GK, I'm sure it can be weightless, or at least weigh a heck of a lot less than it does now.

Improving weapons and armor is ruining the game. The only way to obtain good items is through events, and that needs to be changed. Items need to be dropping more, and with random stats(?) or something.

Instead of just saying, "Oh this won't work, too many people will be mad, bad idea," tell us why, not just "people will be mad." It's a lame and overused excuse. Share some intelligent thoughts on how to improve the server, because obviously it isn't as good as it could be.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
I agree with this solution. GK has become a boring place where everyone just wants the most "leet" items. Turn it into a place where people can have fun by actually trying to earn items through monster killing and such. Also, redo the leveling system.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
And Googi do you know what your talking about? Graal never had an economy.. If you want an economy you need to introduce a way to get everything, then have a way for it to break.
It has an economy and would still even have an economy if your suggestions were implemented. Any server where exchanges take place (even UN) has an economy. The only question is how good the economy is.

Yes, there should be a way to get everything, but it should be hard, not easy, in order to give people a reason to keep playing.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
It has an economy and would still even have an economy if your suggestions were implemented. Any server where exchanges take place (even UN) has an economy. The only question is how good the economy is.

Yes, there should be a way to get everything, but it should be hard, not easy, in order to give people a reason to keep playing.
I don't think he's saying that he wants rare items to become more easily obtained, but that in order to make GK more appealing, have it so rare items CAN be obtained by anyone if they try.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:46 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valder View Post
I don't think he's saying that he wants rare items to become more easily obtained, but that in order to make GK more appealing, have it so rare items CAN be obtained by anyone if they try.
I've said this before too - make rare items craftable at a high cost, but don't make them monster drops, etc.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Follower of Ultros
Quote:
I've said this before too - make rare items craftable at a high cost, but don't make them monster drops, etc.
I agree them being monster drops... But not regular monster drops... Like only rediculously strong monsters drop them?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
7.) Make lords drop a random item upon death, make lords stronger for this.(resistance to death+100, all others+50, resistance to physical+100, ac+100, wc+100, dam+100)
I find it hard to believe that anyone could break AC of -100 or so.
A WC of -100 would mean that ANYONE would be hit, almost always.
The damage +100 would make lords kill people in anywhere from 1-5 hits ...

I agree with some of that stuff. I like the idea of nerfing Bile. People with high enough physique can kill almost anything with one hit Bile, even players that worship bile (resist death +100)
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Gone
Quote:
Why not monster drops? If you take a look at WoW, some of the best items are drops off monsters. Contests are held to obtain limited edition items, that serve no real purpose ingame except bragging rights (like the panda or something). And yes, there is also craftable items, but they aren't really the best you can get.

Fact is, GK is not as complex as WoW, but it is severely lacking in diversity in relation to items. We don't have to make mobs drop the best items I guess, but the event items should not be 70% better then items found off mobs or crafted.