Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How harsh should harassment punishment be on Zone?
Extremely harsh - 1 kick, then locked 1 4.76%
Very harsh - At least some sort of verbal warning, kick, then lock 5 23.81%
Moderately harsh - more than one verbal warning, kick, then lock 5 23.81%
Sort of harsh - Three or more verbal warning, two kicks, then lock 3 14.29%
Not harsh at all - Locking is unacceptable. 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 AM
for the win
Aachen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Degree of Punishment for Harassment.

Ok, this really is as simple as it sounds. I want to see how everyone feels about harassment as something for Zone.

Here are a few choice excerpts from the "Rules of Conduct" that everyone has agreed to by creating an account and downloading graal:

Quote:
Generally, it is up to the player to decide the name for his or her character while playing GraalOnline . However, some character names will be considered abusive behaviour: for example, names indicating other specific player characters, the players themselves, GraalOnline staff, or any real-life personal information will not be accepted. It is also unacceptable to use profanity, racially or sexually explicit words or generally threatening wording as a player's character name. "Kill_XXXX" is an example of an unacceptable name. Judgment of what is and is not disruptive is entirely at the discretion of GraalOnline.
Quote:
Discussion through onscreen chat, GraalOnline chat, and discussion forums is a part of the game. GraalOnline must not be used, however, to promote competing products or services. Individuals who actively promote other competing products or services within GraalOnline, may be locked out.

Another abuse of chat and forum privileges is when players use abusive language (cursing or threatening language), racial attacks or comments, or sexually explicit comments, either general or specific, when communicating to individual players, in the content of mass messages via the GraalOnline chat system, or via the discussion boards.

The GraalOnline Communications Forum (Message Boards) is used to discuss GraalOnline related content, gameplay, ideas, experiences. Constructive complaints and other healthy criticism that points out ways the game can be improved are welcome. Flame wars, personal attacks on players, and any unfounded criticisms will be removed. Abuses such as these will lead to players being banned from the Communications Forum. GraalOnline staff may lock out such abusive players.

Players may not promote anything sexually explicit, implications of racism, or vulgar online. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing URLs with others to websites that contain profanity, nudity, or anything else that violates the GraalOnline Rules of Conduct
The attatched screen shot shows just how few people understand this.

Look, repeated harassment of myself or other players will get you locked. It's as simple as that. I'll warn you a few times, kick you once, and then lock you upon your next offense.

If you want to complain, don't complain to me. You're the one who agreed to these rules.

Thank you. Please try not ruin this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harassment.PNG
Views:	173
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	39481  
Wasser. (Mon Mar 05 01:35:43 2007):
Mass message:
OBSERVE THE PRO ANNNND UNIVERSAL WAY OF GETTING OUT OF A ARGUEMENT YOU'RE FAILING TO WIN, DONE BY A MIGHTY PERSON:

Spyder (Party Psychopathic Rydas) (Sun Mar 04 23:34:42 2007):
spar me
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=73206

Last edited by Aachen; 02-07-2007 at 05:55 AM..
Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
In a PvP game there will be language, but players need to understand these 2 things:
i) No personal insults/cussing!
ii) If an ET warns/kicks you, don't make the situation worse by swearing at them, and if they do lock you, don't make it even worse.
So many times I've assumed a player has been hacking based on their actions, they will claim its lag but after when they swear at me and insult me when I just kick them, thats when I ignore their chance to give me an explanation about what their doing and just report them to Mr.Gambet.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 AM
for the win
Aachen is on a distinguished road
Perhaps I should clarify: First offense should be Very Harsh, any following offenses should be Extremely Harsh.
Wasser. (Mon Mar 05 01:35:43 2007):
Mass message:
OBSERVE THE PRO ANNNND UNIVERSAL WAY OF GETTING OUT OF A ARGUEMENT YOU'RE FAILING TO WIN, DONE BY A MIGHTY PERSON:

Spyder (Party Psychopathic Rydas) (Sun Mar 04 23:34:42 2007):
spar me
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=73206
Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Like jesse said there will be somesort of Harassment on any Multiplayer game. There's no avoiding this. So i really just said Moderately harsh
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I say "sort of harsh". Harassment is everywhere and if you can't handle even a touch of it, you shouldn't be playing Graal. However there is naturally a limit.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
that attatchment made me laugh xD, tench is a funny guy xD!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
haha funny enough i got 1 warning locked, kicked various times and unstuck ***** funny as hell XD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
In a PvP game there will be language, but players need to understand these 2 things:
i) No personal insults/cussing!
ii) If an ET warns/kicks you, don't make the situation worse by swearing at them, and if they do lock you, don't make it even worse.
So many times I've assumed a player has been hacking based on their actions, they will claim its lag but after when they swear at me and insult me when I just kick them, thats when I ignore their chance to give me an explanation about what their doing and just report them to Mr.Gambet.
Heres my view. I cuss quite frequently but I do not do it at players and if I do it is at myself. John is the only exception the that rule for me Ill just say it. If I am mad at another player I just say words like penguin brocoli and chicken other random words and let them wonder what I think the meaning is and see what they accede on from the context clues given. The people last night we being outright rude to you cor and they all deserved what they had coming. Cor handled the situation expertly and unfornuately some of the players still made fun of him for that. Cor warned them all through globals and they still persisted. Poizike was bashing cor repeatedly and cor took it. He deserved his 3 days of lock he got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
haha funny enough i got 1 warning locked, kicked various times and unstuck ***** funny as hell XD!
thats because you insulted him repeatedly you deserved it.

I chose very harsh because if you recieve one warning that should be enough you shouldn't need a second warning in some cases it boils down to the ET's descretion and the severity of the insults
Old 02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Tenchry
yeah pooper you know what im like if this is harassing what i've done i harass everyone you can't change me
Quote:
Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
quitted an addiction
Davidd is an unknown quantity at this point
I just chose littled harsh cause everone is harrasing ppl on different lvl. Example: ET Calling me Noobs, choobs*cough jesse*cough* but hey i dont care. BUT it it is still considered as harrasement.
BUT some ppl should be kicked for being raciste, threats, etc.
As for swearing... it is just a word, like Dude.. people dont use it well, cause its actualy an insult O_o. its like noob or choob -_- people just ignore them. and i bet everyone from the appriote age to play graal and up now all the beatiful words so its basicly pointless -_-
Old 02-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
The problem is that locking is 100% useless against harassers. Locking it meant for glitchers and hackers. Locking a harasser does NOTHING aside from anger them more and give them more time just to harass you. A mute command would be nice, so their nick is set to their account name, they can't team speak and if they swear the entire sentence is blocked and not even shown.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Ryan Smyth will be missed
Glefistus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
I just chose littled harsh cause everone is harrasing ppl on different lvl. Example: ET Calling me Noobs, choobs*cough jesse*cough* but hey i dont care. BUT it it is still considered as harrasement.
As for swearing... it is just a word, like Dude.. people dont use it well, cause its actualy an insult O_o. its like noob or choob -_- people just ignore them. and i bet everyone from the appriote age to play graal and up now all the beatiful words so its basicly pointless -_-
exactly stop punishing harrasers (and if u do thats WAY to harsh punishment) and focus on the HACKERS
Old 02-08-2007, 01:20 AM
The Blackswan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
thats soooo *** im gonna quit zone if thas actually ur system of punishment harrasment is part of the graal community *gives the finger*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
exactly stop punishing harrasers (and if u do thats WAY to harsh punishment) and focus on the HACKERS
your right they should be kicked for that. Honestly its nto that bad and if you can't stop being stupid you deserve it. I honestly start rolling on the floor I laugh so hard when the ET's kick and unstick me. Its just funny. THe locking is because your being a pain and its their way of saying stop I don't want to deal with it. If you are being stupid stop or get locked its as easy as that.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Tenchry
pretty much what im saying is i can 'harass' at the dropship like thats where i 'harassed' cor. so locking mean has no effect since people can still harass at dropship

uhh how is the poll right it says 1 kick then lock? yet after i was locked cor kicked me so many times i lost count just letting you lot know the fact of that.
Quote:

Last edited by Tenchry_P2P; 02-08-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 AM
The Blackswan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
pretty much what im saying is i can 'harass' at the dropship like thats where i 'harassed' cor. so locking mean has no effect since people can still harass at dropship
its supposed to get the point acrsos to you to leave them alone.