Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Pfft, millions of people bend the truth on their resumes for REAL jobs, what's stopping them from doing it here? Who gives a crap.
I guess you'd rather have staff be hired who got the job through lying and have no connection to Graal whatsoever than to have people who might actually be qualified and know a lot about the game?

Your logic is astounding.

Every post you've made in this thread is simply because you're bored and want to fight about something. Boohoo, the way they hire people on Graal is unfair to the public. Big deal. You're crying like they are losing customers and business because they aren't letting John Smith apply for a job that he doesn't know anything about in the first place.

Please don't bother arguing if you can't think of a better solution to whatever it is you're complaining about.

Putting an application on their website so that they have to sift through hundreds of crappy applications to find a few that are probably lying anyway, is not a good solution. Hiring people outside of Graal who know nothing about the game is also not a good solution.

Your whole complaint is that the only way staff are hired is if they are friends of current staff. Well guess what? Usually when you're hanging around the staff a lot and you're learning how their job works and you're contributing to Graal, you're going to have a better chance at getting hired.

You're basically saying that, to be fair, they should let people who have never heard of PWA or even know what it stands for, apply for the job of PWA. I also like that you're throwing back the "you're just upset because we have different opinions!" argument.

Right, because you're not upset that Darlene and the others aren't agreeing with yours? Give me a break.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
You only agree with them, or else you'll look like a "mature, older lady" who got fired from a kids game.
Wrong. I agree simply because I agree, and if I didn't, I wouldn't be staff. Simple.

Quote:
It's not personal, it's just the plain, straight, truth.

As far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be anything personal around here, because it's a game.

Shoutout to Stephen for making my sig.
It's a game for you, yes. For us that are staff, it is also a job, as well as a game. To me, any job that you take on, even if it is voluntary, should be taken seriously. That doesn't mean that staff cannot have fun on the game also.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Ryan Smyth will be missed
Glefistus is an unknown quantity at this point
amen to that....
but im not staff anymore *cries*
Old 02-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Wrong. I agree simply because I agree, and if I didn't, I wouldn't be staff. Simple.

It's a game for you, yes. For us that are staff, it is also a job, as well as a game. To me, any job that you take on, even if it is voluntary, should be taken seriously. That doesn't mean that staff cannot have fun on the game also.
You dont even play the game you just sit here and bug people.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
rE_MiX577 is on a distinguished road
I read the forums almost daily, usually never post. I guess this was worth it…

I read untill page 8 then skimmed the rest.
Its obvious to me those who oppose are simply jealous, and I can understand why…
They’ve been playing this game for a long time and feel they should be given a chance to tryout or at least a heads up on a possible PWA, why? Because they’re "oldbies" and active members on the forums. But most importantly jealous. Those who claim they wouldn’t of even tried out for the position or would “never” want to be a PWA are just kidding themselves.

Devil is a real negative kid, I don’t know if he has some irl problem that causes him to be that way…
Opposing something is acceptable and so is questioning it… but to me he’s just plain out crying and whining. grow up.

Don’t hate, congrats to Bell.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
You dont even play the game you just sit here and bug people.
Wrong. I don't play as much as I used to, but I still play.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Quote:
Originally Posted by rE_MiX577 View Post
I read the forums almost daily, usually never post. I guess this was worth it…

I read untill page 8 then skimmed the rest.
Its obvious to me those who oppose are simply jealous, and I can understand why…
They’ve been playing this game for a long time and feel they should be given a chance to tryout or at least a heads up on a possible PWA, why? Because they’re "oldbies" and active members on the forums. But most importantly jealous. Those who claim they wouldn’t of even tried out for the position or would “never” want to be a PWA are just kidding themselves.

Devil is a real negative kid, I don’t know if he has some irl problem that causes him to be that way…
Opposing something is acceptable and so is questioning it… but to me he’s just plain out crying and whining. grow up.

Don’t hate, congrats to Bell.
Why would someone be kidding if they say they dont want to be PWA? I can tell you right now some people just want to play the game. Look at what your saying.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
Depends on who you ask.

I have more rights than the other PWAs and I do almost every single support ticket for PWs for the last 2 years with the recent exception of Bell helping the last 1-2 days. I've got nearly 4 years of experience, having been hired at the same time as Spark.

On the other hand, while I have the global right to edit bans, I can't globally edit comments (?) and it has been this way for -years-. Also, I have no authority to lead the team other than "eager beaver" chores like updating the playerworld rules. I haven't been consulted on the last two PWA hirings (Malinko and Bell, not to group them together in any other way). I have little to no contact with the directors.

So... my job is pretty much to do the best I can with what I've got.
No offense man, but my feet were in your shoes before you were even walking around on Graal.

Try being a Playerworld Administrator with two banned accounts because the Game Master at the time was a corrupt and arrogant ******* (Nemesis).

Yes, it's pretty much his fault that the team was ran through horse-sh** when this new "change" came and you and Spark910 were put into place, but if anyone has any rights to complain about a lack of power while attempting to do their job, I can guarantee mine > yours.

And I can guarantee that when I was in the little pwa group thing everything I did playerworld-wise was seen by the public.

In fact, do some searching and you can find a lot of stuff.

On a lighter note, Congratulations to Bell. I think it'd be best if everyone quit busting her balls. Every time someone is put into a position on this game NO ONE has anything positive to say about it. Yeah, Bell is unheard of by many players, but guess what? That doesn't mean she isn't qualified for it. She has been around for a few years now and seems very responsible and extremely nice and helpful from my experiences with her. That's much more than I could ever say about any of my experiences with HoudiniMan.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Social Engineer
Personal Jesus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
stuff
Nemesis is still an arrogant ******* btw
Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal Jesus View Post
Nemesis is still an arrogant ******* btw
Well, see, there you go.
Proof is still in the pudding 4-5 years later.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Like for you guys to elaborate a little on why he was (and still is?) what you claim. Maybe in a PM or something.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Elite Member
search the forums, I am sure there is something on there.

I remember complaining quite a bit when he removed me from my faq-admin position on 2k1, then the rest of the removals happened.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
So this is a personnel feud between you two? Honestly, you deserved whatever you got in the past. If you want a fresh start Toran, stop talking about the past...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12 View Post
So this is a personnel feud between you two? Honestly, you deserved whatever you got in the past. If you want a fresh start Toran, stop talking about the past...
Personal feud? Uh, no, there was nothing personal about it.

Basically, Nemesis was put into the Game Master Position. He came onto 2001, removed the rights that I had on there unknowing of what positions I held on 2001 and from there he removed all of my global rights after seeing I had them, not knowing what I had them for. He basically assumed I did nothing, and people were giving power out. He deleted my "guild" [(Playerworld Administration)] and recreated his own. I was later added into the new one.

When confronted about it, stories arose, none of which were true, and I was put back into power, however, it wasn't soon enough because he had already put someone else in my place who was removed soon afterwards, and you were left with Spark910 out of NOWHERE.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Wrong. I don't play as much as I used to, but I still play.
But you mostly just bug people