Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Is there an estimated date for the new delteria?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned
_Z3phyr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear people say Summer 2007, but that is only assuming that absolutely nobody comes to help us... and when I look at the past staff present from when I started this thread and the current staff as I post this, we don't have anybody new to Delteria on our team (and don't say Mykel because he's been around for a long time). I mean, everybody here has been saying how great everything is -- but this is the result of a long time of work.

We're constantly doing shit but nobody apparently is helping. Killerogue decides that he's gonna be grounded for the next 6 months, Crono decides to focus on Babylon, Tom goes to G2k1, the list goes on (not that there's anything wrong with these people or they're decisions of course).

My point is don't expect a final result soon if nobody actually responds when I call you out (which is the entire purpose of this thread, remember?).
Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z3phyr_ View Post
Crono decides to focus on Babylon
Sorry bout that. But when I joined Delteria Dev it was when Malinko was still manager and he had fired me. I assumed he'd never leave so I joined you guys. Ever since I left I started focusing on Babylon. :[
Old 10-25-2006, 12:18 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
I hear people say Summer 2007, but that is only assuming that absolutely nobody comes to help us... and when I look at the past staff present from when I started this thread and the current staff as I post this, we don't have anybody new to Delteria on our team (and don't say Mykel because he's been around for a long time). I mean, everybody here has been saying how great everything is -- but this is the result of a long time of work.

We're constantly doing shit but nobody apparently is helping. Killerogue decides that he's gonna be grounded for the next 6 months, Crono decides to focus on Babylon, Tom goes to G2k1, the list goes on (not that there's anything wrong with these people or they're decisions of course).

My point is don't expect a final result soon if nobody actually responds when I call you out (which is the entire purpose of this thread, remember?).
Well, Tom wasn't a huge loss. Don't get me wrong, he makes amazing GFX, but with Maji and KC, there hasn't been any hold up as far as GFX go. The part that is taking the longest is definitely levels and scripting. Levels are coming slowly, and I honestly don't know what all still needs to be worked on (system wise) with scripting, but those are definitely the most needed areas.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
Well, Tom wasn't a huge loss. Don't get me wrong, he makes amazing GFX, but with Maji and KC, there hasn't been any hold up as far as GFX go. The part that is taking the longest is definitely levels and scripting. Levels are coming slowly, and I honestly don't know what all still needs to be worked on (system wise) with scripting, but those are definitely the most needed areas.
When i was hired i never actually made it to the Dev server itself, i spoke to a few staff and then i wasnt sure what to do next :P
Old 11-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Banned
w/e man...

Anyway we still need help. Inquire within.
(Its the least you could do after we owned this board/forum/'lo que sea' up... an incy wincy little bit)
Old 11-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned
If you are a demented, no-life, internet/graal nerd/freak then the feeling that you are experiencing right now after looking at the above picture is better than **********.... damn, maybe I should go into photography.

Really though, its a part of the Abiline Forest which is the other half of the "City Above the Trees" which I mentioned in an earlier post (city is above the canopy, and the image above is part of what is under the canopy). It was completed/made a long while ago and after I saw this thread's position on the 1st page (3rd to last??? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE OMJESUS) I decided to bump and post a new screenshot.

Also, based on the activity of this thread recently, with any luck I'll be able to get away with... quintuple (?) posting here.

edit -- also, yes you can walk behind the tree bark.

another edit - We are still hiring in all departments to those willing to help and not just get on RC and ask for access to run around the server and then never show up again.

Last edited by Sam; 01-18-2007 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: on request of the creator
Old 11-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned
You know what we can really go for right now? Some LATs.

Last edited by Darlene159; 11-28-2006 at 06:28 PM..
Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm Not Chance...Really
The Evil Within is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Evil Within
I'd like to point out that the bark tiles on the trees aren't complete. Personally I think it looks ugly as crap right now, but it's just space filler until MBD has time to make it beutiful.

And yes, we are in need of LAT's...go to the delteria forums (forums.delteria.com) and PM Majibob to apply, or just post in this thread and Zephyr will definately get someone to give you a tryout asap.

Delteria Forums
Old 11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned
Yeah I'm your go-to guy here.

Can you make levels? Contact me.
Can you script? For Christ sakes, please help me.
Can you gani? Hey there, how're you doing?
Do you get pissed off when someone tells you that your idea is stupid? Then you better stay away.

Last edited by _Z3phyr_; 11-28-2006 at 06:55 PM..
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm Not Chance...Really
Quote:
Do you get pissed off when someone tells you that your idea is stupid? Then you better stay away.
Now that's not accurate, we are kinda open minded...We're just also perfectionists and don't want actual stupid ideas on the server. If you have a good idea we'll definately take it. Take the project you're working on with KC for example, she didn't think it would go nearly as far as its going to go.

Delteria Forums
Old 11-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned
Yeah -- I was just reflecting the Delterian attitude...

[/baaaaackpedaaaalll]
Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I looked back in the thread and saw the picture of the islands that were being worked on and all I can say is AWESOME.

It's like actual terrain!

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
From first hand experience (I've seen a lot of it) I can safely say New Delteria has the sexiest city to be seen on Graal.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm Not Chance...Really
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
From first hand experience (I've seen a lot of it) I can safely say New Delteria has the sexiest city to be seen on Graal.
Thankee sai. You're gonna be really happy when it comes out, Cloven (no I don't mean Misc, yes Cloven is back...So is Misc btw) and Tiamat are getting all anal and redoing levels on Kaljun that they deemed not good enough which amazes me because honestly the levels on that island were better than anything I've seen on any public server out right now.

Systems are also the *****, but I can't give out spoilers, we'll all just have to wait.

Delteria Forums