Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2002, 05:16 AM
LiL_NightFall is on a distinguished road
Jobs.

I think a job forum would be helpful. That way if their are job openings they can be stickied without a ton of posts blocking them out, and gold members can post resumes/applications that can be looked over easily. I've been around for years, but it seems that I(and others) get overlooked...I don't think I should have to make myself known by sucking up and finding out your s/n(not saying that anyone does that).

People who have been here a long while (such as myself), kind of get blocked out by...how can I put this? Suck ups? So it's kind of hard to get a job. I've been trying for a long time now, and I barely get any pleasure out of just playing the game now. I want to be more active with graal considering how I have three accounts(Unix you said you'd unban my Gambit2099 account. :x), so I think a place to post applications for jobs would be good.

I'm 19 now and I still can't manage to get a job, when eleven year olds have gotten jobs, even though they've only been playing for a few months. I have years behind me(Just check my old accounts).

I kind of made this post more about me and less about the forums(maybe I should have PMed this). I'm not really asking to have a job handed to me on a silver platter, just a forum that notifies us of job openings.

Sorry about my rambling and long post, I do that alot. Skim it if you like.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
These people that you say "suck-up" aren't necassarily sucking up. Every single person that has a job on Graal doesn't suck up to get it.

It's because you have to make yourself known. Start from the bottom and work your way up. Let people know what your abilities are. I've been playing this game for years as well and I have no idea what your abilities are. That would kind of give you a picture of why you're not getting a job.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Trust me, there are/were some suck up. I dunno if they're still around.

Heh, I can do alot of stuff, but I don't really have anyway of proving it.

I'm good at public relations, problem solving, helping others, etc. Basically interacting with others, but the only way to prove that is to do it.

I guess I can prove that by posting on the forums more, before I was always in the game so I guess that hurt my chances. Now the game does nothing for me and I have 2 upgraded accounts...both with a full year on them.

I have two choices, try to get a job and stay in the community(which I want), or leave and waste my accounts.

(Oh yeah, do you have an extra lj code? Chaka told me to try Neopets, but I don't want to...Neopets forums are scary. ='( )
Old 09-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Acererak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Acererak
Unless you have a lot of free time, i'd sugest you not go for a job on graal.

Rate Me:5 4 3 2 1
Old 09-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Acererak
Unless you have a lot of free time, i'd sugest you not go for a job on graal.
I have a ton of free time, and I want to step out of the background.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by LiL_NightFall
Trust me, there are/were some suck up. I dunno if they're still around.

Heh, I can do alot of stuff, but I don't really have anyway of proving it.

I'm good at public relations, problem solving, helping others, etc. Basically interacting with others, but the only way to prove that is to do it.

I guess I can prove that by posting on the forums more, before I was always in the game so I guess that hurt my chances. Now the game does nothing for me and I have 2 upgraded accounts...both with a full year on them.

I have two choices, try to get a job and stay in the community(which I want), or leave and waste my accounts.

(Oh yeah, do you have an extra lj code? Chaka told me to try Neopets, but I don't want to...Neopets forums are scary. ='( )
You sound like you should be faq... Public relations, problem solving, helping others... you should pick up a faq job or police job, then work your way up until you're chief one day, then you could work up to a higher position or at least people would recognize you for the work you've done as faq/police.

Nope I don't have an extra lj code, sorry.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

You sound like you should be faq... Public relations, problem solving, helping others... you should pick up a faq job or police job, then work your way up until you're chief one day, then you could work up to a higher position or at least people would recognize you for the work you've done as faq/police.

Nope I don't have an extra lj code, sorry.
I honestly think that nightfall would be a great classic GM, he's got the globall experience god damn it!

personal note to nightfall: You *globally* banned my 'poopieman' account that one time because ess told you too, the ban info said "Ban evasion or something"
Old 09-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by XxxxneosoftxxxX

I honestly think that nightfall would be a great classic GM, he's got the globall experience god damn it!

personal note to nightfall: You *globally* banned my 'poopieman' account that one time because ess told you too, the ban info said "Ban evasion or something"
*Sigh* NightFall is/was my RP father. He can't upgrade his account so he doesn't play anymore. I'm his RP son, hints the LiL.

It was amusing at first, but really I wasn't a Global. I just got finished talking to Frank(NightFall) about it like 10 minutes ago, he and I think it's pretty funny that people still mistake me for him(he hasn't played in over a year).

Even weirder that people mistaked him for me alot when he never had LiL in his name...

We both know Geo and were well known on N-pulse...that's why people keep mixing us up.

Frank(NightFall) = Ex-Global, Ex- Admin N-pulse

LiL NightFall = Ex-Levels Team on DoomsDay, Ex-Fake FAQ(teacher...) on 2k2, etc...etc. All my jobs always sucked. :o

I'll ask Frank to post tommorrow and you can talk to him all you want, k? ...Oh wait account sharing is illegal now...Um yeah. Maybe it's different with forum accounts, I'll check and give him my info on aim.

I think we're the longest running RP family on Graal. So everyone else sucks.

EDIT: OMG LOL. I remember when he banned your account. Good luck trying to get him to unban it now.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:55 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
How bout not sounding desperate (like you are right now?)
Old 09-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Banned
Sir_Gareth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sir_Gareth
Why does everyone ensist on getting a job? Why dont people try to get a real job where they can make real money?
Theres nothing big about getting a job on graal.
I bet half of you think "OMG I WILL BE SUPER FRIENDS WITH STEFAN AND UNIXMAD"

yea so? whats that do for you in your life?
nothing.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:10 AM
I'm not desperate, I just don't like the thought of losing money. I also happen to like graal ok.

I do have a real job, but I guess by attempting to put me down, you'll be "cool" on the forums right?

I'm not everyone. Koni gave me the answers I needed, so if you don't have anything constructive to add, just don't post in this thread ok.

EDIT: Googi when did you turn into such a jerk? Or is this just how you act on the forums? You weren't like that on 2k1 from what I recall...
Old 09-19-2002, 02:48 AM
Banned
gloop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gloop Send a message via Yahoo to gloop
Quote:
I'm not desperate, I just don't like the thought of losing money. I also happen to like graal ok.

I do have a real job, but I guess by attempting to put me down, you'll be "cool" on the forums right?

I'm not everyone. Koni gave me the answers I needed, so if you don't have anything constructive to add, just don't post in this thread ok.

EDIT: Googi when did you turn into such a jerk? Or is this just how you act on the forums? You weren't like that on 2k1 from what I recall...
: O
i remember you as a newbie, lol

wow, that was a long time ago
Old 09-19-2002, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gloop

: O
i remember you as a newbie, lol

wow, that was a long time ago
I doubt anyone remembers me as Gambit2099, or Mage of Light.

The DeLorean owns you k.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:59 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:

I didn't say you were desperate.

I said you sounded desperate.

Which you did.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi

I didn't say you were desperate.

I said you sounded desperate.

Which you did.
Oh, I guess I did sound kind of desperate.

I just don't want to waste my money on an account that I won't be using to play the game...I'd rather help out, and leave a mark on Graal.

The DeLorean owns you k.