Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2002, 10:02 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
Noone's idea's will probably be taken seriously. It's been that way forever and I don't think Unixmad seesany reason to change that.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:03 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally posted by Valder
Noone's idea's will probably be taken seriously. It's been that way forever and I don't think Unixmad seesany reason to change that.
Yeah, but it's fun to talk about anyways.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Follower of Ultros
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Googi

Yeah, but it's fun to talk about anyways.
I think it gets stupid. People all have thoughts on how graal can be made better, but they all go to waste. I don't even bother anymore. I have a great storyline for the Graal GBA game and some suggestion for 2k2, but they will never be taken seriously.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Well, considering I'm not an admin, that would make a lot of sense, no?
the attatchment should show you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rcrights.png
Views:	157
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	20735  
Old 09-21-2002, 10:11 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:

I think it gets stupid. People all have thoughts on how graal can be made better, but they all go to waste. I don't even bother anymore. I have a great storyline for the Graal GBA game and some suggestion for 2k2, but they will never be taken seriously.
Yeah, but other players still like to hear them.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Banned
Pith is on a distinguished road
Quote:

haha they say they're gonna make gba games and ps2 games.they'll never be able to do it.if even they did do it no one will buy it
Old 09-21-2002, 10:16 AM
Banned
Sir_Gareth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sir_Gareth
Quote:
Originally posted by Pith

haha they say they're gonna make gba games and ps2 games.they'll never be able to do it.if even they did do it no one will buy it
I know, they shouldnt waste there time.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:18 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Well, Graal players might.

I might, if it's good.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:43 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Brad, though your ideas are good natured, Unixmad, as you can see, has an agenda of his own.

Even if they make ps2 Graal, it will not bedone for a very very long time, so don't hold your breath.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:45 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Eh, I don't know if making Graal 3D is such a good idea...

We already saw what happened with Graal3D...
Old 09-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Main Staff System

Owner (Unixmad and Stefan)-The job of the owner is running the servers and scripting the game. They can fire or hire anyone without going to the council and or Head GM. They have overall power.

Head Game Manager (N/A)-The job of the HGM is assisting the owners in any problems including staff issues, player issues, forum issues, etc. The HGM cannot fire or hire anyone from the council, can hire people as a global staff position with an owner’s permission, and can hire people for local staff jobs.

Gold Manager (Konidias)-The job of the GM is assisting the HGM and handling the gold servers. The GM can hire or fire anyone with a local position with the HGM or owner’s permission. The GM also supports events, handles player issues, and supports gold accounts.

Classic Manager (N/A)-The job of the CM is assisting the HGM and handling classic servers. The GM can hire or fire anyone with a local position with the HGM or owner’s permission.

Website Manager (N/A)-The job of the WM is to handle the website and the forums. This manager has no power in the game and only handles forum/website issues. The WM must update the site daily, hire moderators, etc.

Council (N/A)-The council is made up of the following people:
Head Game Manager (N/A)
Gold Manager (Konidias)
Classic Manager (N/A)
Account Manager (Lyndzey and Agelaos[?])
This is the main council composed of the highest authorities in Graal. They work together to keep themselves active and to keep themselves working. They can choose some of the lower council and keep the lower council working together and active.

Lower Council (N/A)-The council will be made up of the following people:
Someone chosen by the players (N/A)
Someone chosen by the PW Managers (N/A)
Two people chosen by the owners (N/A)
This is the lower council all chosen by certain people. These people are here to make sure that the main council keeps active. They have no power (such as RC) in the game. They are here to make sure that the council is doing their work. They also have authority over the PWT (Playerworld Team) and make sure that the PWT does their job correctly. They also report any new ideas to the main council. This council should be composed of people with bright ideas who are here to help Graal.

Playerworld Team (N/A)-The PWT will be made up of the following people:
Playerworld Administrator (N/A)
Two Playerworld Inspectors (N/A)
Two Playerworld Reviewers (N/A)
This is the playerworld team, made up of the current PW reviewers and inspectors. The PWA will check and make sure that the team is always working and is active. The playerworld inspectors will inspect current playerworlds, and if they think one should go down, they send their review to the lower council, who send it to the council, and so on. The playerworld reviewers will review playerworlds trying to get up. If they are passed as a good PW, it will go to the PWA, who then sends it to the lower council. The PWT does not have any power in the game, including warpto.

Playerworld System

All playerworlds can choose their own system, or base it off of this:

Manager (Level 1)
Administrators (Level 2)
Captains (Level 3)
Player Supporters (Level 4)
Developers (Level 5)

The manager is the complete ruler of the playerworld.
The administrators assist the manager in any problems he/she has. The administrators include LAT Admin, NAT Admin, GAT Admin, GP Admin, and so on for however the staff system works.
The captains are people who control the player supporters (GPs) and developers (LAT).
The player supporters are GPs, FAQ, or anything else that helps out the current players.
The developers are the people producing levels/NPCs/graphics for the server. They have no real power.
If a level 4 has a problem too big for him/her to handle, he/she would report it to a level 3, and so on.

If a playerworld chooses not to operate this way, that is fine, but they must create a full proof staff system so managers can concentrate more on the playerworld rather than the staff system. If the PWT does not like the staff system, they will tell the lower council what is wrong with it and their way of fixing it. If the lower council agrees, it will be sent to the council who will be able to do something about it.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:54 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:
Originally posted by Lyndzey
Lyndzey's plan

Brilliance.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Another theoretically flawless plan. This can easily be implemented, but I don't want to see Graal go too bureaucratic. I mean, if you can hit two birds with one stone, why not do that?

Firstly, I was always under the impression that this "upper" council always exsisted, and therefore it doesn't need to be officially recognized as a body. Stefan and Unixmad would have direct control over them anyways.

Secondly, if you're going to have two council chambers, then things will get messy. Acquiring information through a third party may cause trouble and also slow the process down (bureaucracy), which is the exact same problem we have today. Thw PWA has to go through the lowr council, who goes to the upper council, who goes to the owners. It sounds a bit too much like the Politburo to me. Have the PWA report directly to this lower council, who either get Stefan or Unixmad, take actions themselves, or to the "upper" inanimate council.

See, as you can see in my paragraph above, it's still too complicated! This whole council thing Unixmad wants to impose really slows the decision making process down, but it's the best we can hope for.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Why would Lyndzey need anything besides the ability to change account details and (possibly) warpto.
The way the RC system is setup, I can have the rights, but I cannot change an account unless my world is on "all" (which it is), and my level is at 4. I was told it was lowered, and it was, so for now I am useless. When you have level4, all rights are added, even if it doesn't show up in /openrights. For example, I have 2002 even though I don't have the right.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Lyndzey
The PWT does not have any power in the game, including warpto.
Why not?

And by the PWT, you mean the team other than the "PWA" (playerworld admin guy/girl), right?