Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
A Big Let Down...

After first hearing about the cloaks i was thinking something along the lines of the stats involving; ac+2 or speed+1 dex+1 or str+2 or something along those lines instead we got these crapy stats put on the cloaks(mine is resist cold +15...)...someone used 3 event coins (60 dias+) just for a charm+1...most people can get up to 30 cha...Anyway these cloaks were a big let down...maybe Staff was being rushed or maybe they just really didn't think about the stats...anyway i spent a good 2-3 hrs getting all the miterials, and it turned out to be pretty ***...i really just wasted alot of dias and time on getting these cloaks
Old 01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Banned
Myukoi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myukoi
yup and im not just hatin cuz i didnt get any, i got all the materials but i sold most cause i didnt want the ****ty things.. just got silver star cloak because i need anything glamorous/fabulous.. but in the end i was really mad. i spent 16 hours straight on graal and wasted so many dias. my life savings, actually. got em all back by selling the jewels i got for free though haha whatever more hours for me i guess

im pissed that its not temporary

ugh
Old 01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
As said they are for looks first, stats second.

There is no reason for them to have godly stats. They are cloaks, they are meant to be just a little addition. People should stop complaining because they don't have an easy way to get stats. You work for them and you will get them. Its as easy as that.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Basicly what's happening is in the beginning items were made overpowered and now staff are afraid to release anything worth over a diamond. Kind of sad really. They've dug a hole of unbalanced gaming and are trying to fill it back up with disappointment. Yeah...I think I like that analogy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
You seem to forget that most people care about stats rather than looks, or if it came down to it they just glitch looks. Heck, nobody wears the Platemail of Power because its teal(and rather ugly). The Cloak of Minor Protection is by far superior and it may be a dark puke green, but people will still wear it, or glitch it as many people have already done.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2

There is no reason for them to have godly stats. They are cloaks, they are meant to be just a little addition. People should stop complaining because they don't have an easy way to get stats. You work for them and you will get them. Its as easy as that.
Looks you say? they don't even look all that great...wow they have 2 different sprites for the front and back sides of the player, then they have the first sprite mirrored...no one asked for them to have 'godly' stats, but when you spend ALOT of time and dias/plat on making them, you should get something worth while out of it...i coulda went and spent 20 dias or so and alch'd a CoMP(cloak of minor protection) and gotten a better deal, and that woulda taken an hour tops...i guess staff didn't realize i coulda went and bought a 168 plat ring that gave the same ****in stats...this is really pissin' me off
Old 01-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Lord, people complain alot. Its new content, and it opens tons of opportunity for new ideas, items, events, event items, etc. It was never even really implied that this was going to be a temporary shop, so I don't know why everyone ran out and spent dozens of diamonds getting every single ingredient before the release of the shop. I got everything I needed besides the evil dievel heart and ECs in a few level 2-4 maps. Oh well, I'll wait until I chance upon those items to get the other cloaks. Relax, enjoy the new material, and look forward to cool stuff in the future.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 01-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Be happy that there is a nice addition to player design, i think that allows much more induavility.

The stats... ok...

but ac+1? you need a goldkey for comp, that wouldnt be fair... but speed+1 or something wouldve been ok i think x-x
Old 01-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux
Be happy that there is a nice addition to player design, i think that allows much more induavility.

The stats... ok...

but ac+1? you need a goldkey for comp, that wouldnt be fair... but speed+1 or something wouldve been ok i think x-x
Goldkey for CoMP : 20 Dias

3 Event Coins for Gold Cloak: 60 Dias

Making a gold cloak out of event coins you've been saving for months, only to instantly regret it?: Priceless.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 01-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butz
Goldkey for CoMP : 20 Dias

3 Event Coins for Gold Cloak: 60 Dias

Making a gold cloak out of event coins you've been saving for months, only to instantly regret it?: Priceless.
Thats right, but i seen and heard enough people who love the way it looks and even because of that think they didnt waste their money.
You have to decide it for you, but maybe you just couldve waited with alching your coins before someone else had done it - nothing else is responsible for that than your impatience and your wrong hopes.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux
Thats right, but i seen and heard enough people who love the way it looks and even because of that think they didnt waste their money.
You have to decide it for you, but maybe you just couldve waited with alching your coins before someone else had done it - nothing else is responsible for that than your impatience and your wrong hopes.
Well, I'm sorry that I expected something that requires more effort and cost to produce would be more useful than something that can be made much easier.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 01-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Banned
no if gk staff were a little more helpful, most of these insidents wouldn't of occured...staff wouldn't tell the stats of the items, or where to find wizards, where to find the shop at first, etc....gk staff needs to learn to lightin up and help the players out instead of saying 'find it youself'...i got pretty pissed when bjorn said that...
Old 01-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Those cloaks change the look of the player, which is good for roleplaying, and are also adding stats since they don't replace any other armour item, and as that they are powerful. Also we might want to release more cloak items, we can't already make the basic cloaks very powerful. Originally the shop cloaks were meant to have no stats, but we added some special things to not make useless in terms of powering your character. Sorry if you have expected them to be better.
We will soon give out the black, white, green and purple cloaks in events. Also we will try to fix the glitch where you can use the look of one item but use the stats of another item.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
We will soon give out the black, white, green and purple cloaks in events. Also we will try to fix the glitch where you can use the look of one item but use the stats of another item.
Then may I suggest fixing(and yes, I use the term fixing) the graphics of the more commonly used items? They're terrible. Well, I shouldn't say terrible, that's rude, but they could be better.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Quote:
glitch where you can use the look of one item but use the stats of another item.
ATLEAST GIVE GOOD GRAPHICS THEN. Hire donald to redo all the **** items.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Banned
Quote:
Those cloaks change the look of the player, which is good for roleplaying, and are also adding stats since they don't replace any other armour item, and as that they are powerful. Also we might want to release more cloak items, we can't already make the basic cloaks very powerful. Originally the shop cloaks were meant to have no stats, but we added some special things to not make useless in terms of powering your character. Sorry if you have expected them to be better.

but like i said...any player could have went out and bought a ring for 168 plat and got the same stats...so they still are pretty much useless...and the first 2 cloaks that were here for a long time were Cloak of Minor Protection = ac+1 (or 2?) and the other one Cloak of Major Protection = ac +4 or something like that...that's why i was expecting some kind of good stats on the cloaks...and those are a lot easier to get/make than the new cloaks