Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Which version of "Old Main" do you prefer?
Main (1998-2001) 34 41.46%
Graal the Adventure (late 2001-2004) 38 46.34%
"Classic" (2005-present) 2 2.44%
No preference 8 9.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
2001-2004, that's when I started playing. A few things about the 2003-2004 were a bit too fancy (Pyramid, lvl.3 sword quest) - I guess the best time was just before the heras were introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I'm going to have to say Main, as that is when I started and, of course, I miss it...but I have to agree it was the Community that made Main what it was, and that Community is gone.
Communities are going to change no matter what you do, you just have to go with the flow, and make a new Community on a changed server.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA--Paul
Graal The Adventure for stuff to do and community. But I recently checked on the new Classic and it's coming along pretty well, going to be good as it expands with new tiling, competant, well thought out design that is still user customizable, and new scripting.

I just doubt the community will ever be like it was.
Yea, I like Graal the Adventure the best. Then one day hours and hours and hours and hours of work I did trying to save it got wiped out.

Having everything wiped out, now, gives me a little bit more flexibility on how I salvage old work and integrating everything so that it makes sense.

Also, I've already redone the movement/damage systems for the most part to make life 100 times easier for me. I'm still waiting on some new NPC vars to be released in the next version to refine movement around NPCs. Yea, I really need this for the quest. A way to make the boss hurt the player without chancing lagtime to get auto-hits on the boss. I also think I'll redo swamp soldiers for the boss level. It's just boring right now... All that's really in there is a boss that hurls you accross the room if you touch him, so in that sense it's more of a puzzle than a boss right now. But anyways, I'm sure you'll all like the first quest.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I'm gonna go with main, just because it was the only time I played classic regularly.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJenova
I would of liked to pick from 99-2002 because that was really the only time I was able to log on at anytime and be able to have fun. Someone was always on my friends list that would spar with me or pk with me or make fun of someone with me or chat with me.

I literally log on now at 3-7 PM EST on any given server and have nothing to do, or nobody to talk to because people know of me, but don't really know me. Seems like the fun aspect of Graal itself left with the community (I grew up with) I played with.

Makes my face frown...
Turn that frown upside down ):
I talk to you, on Era. Problem is that you can't use a sword there, haha.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I started in 99, but i chose 2001-2004 because thats when I had the best time when Bravo Classic had a big community.Well that was more or less Early 2002 , but still I had a great time .
Old 02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Graal the Adventure was awesome in my eyes, It was then I really started *playing* Graal.. before that, it was just another Zelda wannabe in my eyes

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon
I started in 99, but i chose 2001-2004 because thats when I had the best time when Bravo Classic had a big community.Well that was more or less Early 2002 , but still I had a great time .
I think you misread the question.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Well when you started playing classic, you had most fun because the game was new and you were exploring it like it was something new, I don't know if I would have as much fun as I had, I will never experience anyway, even if classic came back to what it used to be.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
Well when you started playing classic, you had most fun because the game was new and you were exploring it like it was something new, I don't know if I would have as much fun as I had, I will never experience anyway, even if classic came back to what it used to be.
Classic is going to be more than what it used to be .
Old 02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Corp1 is on a distinguished road
When I played Main it was far too laggy especially for AOL 56k,(summer 2000) 300-500ppl. But late 01 all the way to mid-02 was the best time to play because alot of other servers were out which meant that people were more spread out and the community was great b4 you had to p2p.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Rolav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rolav Send a message via AIM to Rolav Send a message via Yahoo to Rolav
I myself would have to go for GTA, not taking anything away from main or the current classic but GTA seemed to be the most entertaining and had the most things to do instead of just PKing. Remember the Civil war thing you started minoc? like prolly 2000 or 2001? between north and south, good times Also the bowling Tyhm made was fun, there were a crapload of quests, GTA was the most in depth server of the 3 by far
Dabura (10/6/2003 12:41:03 PM):
Mass message:
there seems to be something wrong with the server "Atlantis", everyone seems to be speeking in some sort of code....odd

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
Old 07-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I wonder sometimes how much the decline of Classic was due to Tyhm's insistence on scripting tools to make everything Easier. Wasn't it better to have a civil war without scripts enforcing team colors?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 07-26-2008, 04:07 AM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Way to go, Tyhm.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
*shrugs* When all you have is a script-hammer, everything starts looking like a script-nail.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233