Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I'll be honest - no one could replace Thor. It's a shame he's let everybody down.

Scriptless is right though, what did he gain from this? A forum ban lolol
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Who should take over as Classic's manager?
I don't think that any 1 person is qualified to make this decision. Maybe turn the the community for that one.

Thor did a great job. He had a great team. He had a great vision for the server, and I don't know if thats something you can easily replace.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I don't think that any 1 person is qualified to make this decision. Maybe turn the the community for that one.

Thor did a great job. He had a great team. He had a great vision for the server, and I don't know if thats something you can easily replace.
The last active community of Classic spoke (The staff) and they decided it was in best interest to not continue development.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
The last active community of Classic spoke (The staff) and they decided it was in best interest to not continue development.
I don't mean staff, I mean players. Just because this group of staff lost hope doesn't mean everyone (players) have.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
I shall take the reins!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I don't mean staff, I mean players. Just because this group of staff lost hope doesn't mean everyone (players) have.
Agreed.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:55 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think that was his point. The only active members of the Classic community were former and current staff members.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I think that was his point. The only active members of the Classic community were former and current staff members.
Well, wether we were logged on the server or posted on the forums only. The active community is still here. We just stopped logging on after the promise that no further updates would be presented. We did all the quests, collected the TCG and the only thing left for us to do was events. Looking at the amount of people posting in these forums, to me at least, I see hope in the server still.

Now, I am not saying that current restrictions are not hurting the server because they are, and should be changed.

Look, if Thor and his team don't want to work on the server and think it's a waste of there time then cool, more power to them. But why is it such a bad thing to let someone else who doesn't think it's a waste take over and waste there time? It's there life, and there choice. We shouldn't be fighting because of it, where is it getting us?

Last edited by scriptless; 04-17-2013 at 01:04 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
Maybe it's not exactly "stupid" to want to continue building Classic, but it certainly is a fool's errand. What are you expecting, even if you do hit the Classic tab? What playerbase are you reaching for?

Zodiac's playerbase doesn't play classic. They play RPG. You're not getting them.
Era's playerbase doesn't play classic. They play modern/shooters. You're not getting them either.

The only playerbase you have any hopes of commanding is UN's, and that's not going to get either server anywhere. By having two classic servers, you're effectively slicing the already tiny classic playerbase in half and splitting it between servers. That leaves you with what? 10? 15 players each? What's the point?

We saw this with Babylon, and that's why we stopped trying. Maybe if Graal had a sudden surge of popularity again, this could actually be worthwhile. But right now it's not. Graal won't attract a single new player until Stefan removes the asinine monthly cost of playing an already dead PC game.
There is very little reason for anybody to have any hope or motivation in continuing classic. Even if someone does want to "take over the helm," I really doubt a cohesive staff team could be put together that would do what Thor's team couldn't. Should just let what's dead, die. It's a shame, and I'd rather have Classic in UN's place any day of the week, but this is how things rolled out.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
The (mysterious) Messenger is also gone

Last edited by Minoc; 04-18-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 04:26 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
The (mysterious) Messenger is also gone
lol
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
What'd I miss?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
If all these people had really wanted to help the server they would have been part of Thor's staff team. What it really boils down to is people just want the power to do what they want to a dead server. As far as I'm concerned there are a handfull of active Classic staff members, and as such nothing will be done to the server without our consent.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
If all these people had really wanted to help the server they would have been part of Thor's staff team. What it really boils down to is people just want the power to do what they want to a dead server. As far as I'm concerned there are a handfull of active Classic staff members, and as such nothing will be done to the server without our consent.
Would have helped but I was blacklisted (rightfully so), and I wouldn't have the time to work on the server now anyways. Actually, for the exception of scriptless, I don't think anyone has actively compaigned for control of the server.

That being said, you and your staff team must be pretty naive to think you have any creative control over the server. If Stefan were to say tomorrow that he was taking over Classic or putting someone in control, I doubt he would even consult the staff members who abandoned the project.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Would have helped but I was blacklisted (rightfully so), and I wouldn't have the time to work on the server now anyways. Actually, for the exception of scriptless, I don't think anyone has actively compaigned for control of the server.

That being said, you and your staff team must be pretty naive to think you have any creative control over the server. If Stefan were to say tomorrow that he was taking over Classic or putting someone in control, I doubt he would even consult the staff members who abandoned the project.
Ziplock for manager 2013.