Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Weapons belonging to Kingdoms

This is a quite radical idea, but it could make the game more interesting, focus it more on kingdoms.

When you improve a weapon, then it will automatically become property of your kingdom (flaming sword of Dustari instead of flaming sword of Stefan). When you wear a weapon and logout then it will automatically go back into the treasury/weapon room of the kingdom. In those weapon rooms the king can assign the weapons to special ranks so new members cannot take the powerful stuff except when given by the king.
The weapon rooms/treasury will also need to be protected against other kingdoms.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:12 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
i like the idea

but high ranks would probly abuse in some way
Old 05-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Weapons belonging to Kingdoms

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
This is a quite radical idea, but it could make the game more interesting, focus it more on kingdoms.

When you improve a weapon, then it will automatically become property of your kingdom (flaming sword of Dustari instead of flaming sword of Stefan). When you wear a weapon and logout then it will automatically go back into the treasury/weapon room of the kingdom. In those weapon rooms the king can assign the weapons to special ranks so new members cannot take the powerful stuff except when given by the king.
The weapon rooms/treasury will also need to be protected against other kingdoms.
I dont play GKs much but lets say that the flaming sword is worth 5plat if it is Flaming sword of dustari and your not in that kingdom then it should be worth more to sell such as 8-9plat so you have a better reason to attack a kingdom and steal the weapons. hmm Could get abused though! x_X
Old 05-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
I like the idea, maybe I'm not getting something...When you improve your weapon it nolonger becomes yours? If so I have somthing more...less dramatic.

Maybe instead of having your improve weapon beoming the kingdoms...maybe the Kingdom has speical weapons of its own all together...Rare Unique weapons which imbue the power of each kingdom.

Also please remove Improve weapon and add Renamed Weapons with level requirements (Fury Sword Level 10 Damage 50 (uses the flaming sword graphic) Of course these kind of swords shouldn't beable to be made, just bought at a Armory STORE Which sells better armors and weapons than the ones you make.
Also maybe add some speical bonuses to weapons and armors.

But I don't know thats just my brainstorming idea.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I like the idea, but look at it this way: why spend thousands and thousands plats on scrolls and diamonds if you're taken the weapon as soon as it's done just that some high-rank person gets it who hasn't spent a single plat on it. Maybe it should be an option, to donate weapons to the kingdom... maybe even getting a small refund from the treasury, not to cover all costs but to lower them, so people can prep weapons as usual and use them themselves, or give them to the kingdom and get half the money spend on the scrolls back. Apart from that, there should be a way to donate weapons to the kingdom, be they prepared or not, so in times of war they can be giuven out to those who need them...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Yes, my weapon should not automatically become the kingdom's property. Particularly as Excalibur and Brad both had high level access to Forest and would have loved to steal and unimprove my axe for me in addition to deleting 1) the entire listing and 2) me, illegally.

However, yes, Kingdoms should have Improved Weapons. Either weapons donated can be transformed to Kingdom Property in the Treasury or the King himself improves them using the funds in the treasury. On logoff the weapons warp to the treasury room again - they float there in stasis, saying the name of their owner, and when their owner returns so does the weapon. At any time, whether the owner is online or offline, the king can recall a weapon - if it's in the owner's hands, it teleports to the treasury; if it's floating in the treasury, the connection to its owner is broken, it falls and does not warp back to its former owner's hands.

Such weapons cannot be unimproved, destroyed, traded, alchemized, burned, frozen, or hidden. In the event that one fails to report in for an extended period of time, it respawns and sends a kill signal to the original.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
What if someone takes a weapon and leaves the kingdom? ._.
Also...I've been wanting to say this for quite some time; make it so when you remove someone their tag is automatically taken off...as it is they keep their tag on until they change it themselves or relog which is bull-crap cause people often cause trouble and refuse to take it off. On another note...no-one is ever going to touch my Ice Axe of Swiftness of Govannon +4 with 15 improvements

Old 05-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Another more advanced idea is to have some kind of sub-kingdom or 'village'. People can found villages and put weapons and money into the treasury of the village. That treasury is co-owned by all people in the village. New people can only join a village if all members agree to it. The treasury is protected by a magical crystal which can be powered up with money or by owning conquerable islands - there would be a magical crystal on those islands and the power would periodically be transformed to the villages of the kingdom that owns the island. Strong villages would have more influence in the kingdom. Since the power that is taken from the crystals on the conquered islands is put equally into the villages of the kingdom it can be a bad thing if there are too many people, so auto-balancing the count of members of a kingdom. If the crystal of a village has no power anymore then you will need to feed it with money, or other people can open the treasury and loot your houses.
This idea would allow more individualism, since people can make their own one-man village, but would also encourage forming groups of people supporting each other.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
How about we just put chess in certain castle rooms and give keys to certain trust-worthy members of the kingdom?

Old 05-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Elite Sheep
The idea with villages sounds not too bad, except for one thing - the looting part. Imagine you're taking a holiday and can't come on for, say, days (or longer) - so if you're a one-player-village or your co-inhabitants just forget to pay the crystal, you come back to find your house emptied and all your important stuff gone... I think this could easily happen to someone who can only play on saturdays, too. Villages in general would be okay, with just one minor problem - you'd have to keep the kingdom islands from overcrowding - imagine every member (or every 2 or 3) decide to form a city - build houses, raise a fence... I think you'll have village next to village etc...

Quote:
Old 05-20-2003, 05:54 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
This idea would allow more individualism, since people can make their own one-man village
Why would someone make a one-man village if it means they have more upkeep to pay? Why would anyone make a village, when they can just build an extra house as a treasury, and not have much upkeep?

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 05-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Graal Administration
Because houses wouldnt be secure if they are not in such villages, other people could steal your items.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Because houses wouldnt be secure if they are not in such villages, other people could steal your items.
So someone could just pick up your locked chest of valuables and run away with it?

Quote:
Old 05-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
I don't like that idea... houses without village can be robbed, and villages can be shot down and be robbed as well... what is someone's offline for 2 weeks? All his stuff might (and will) be gone... Realism by all means, but player houses should be a safe place for all time - except their decay. It'd just annoy players too much...
But an idea's coming up - what about banks? Placed in each town, you can deposit money there. Once a week, you gain a certain amount of interest (5%?). The Bank can be attacked, and if it's taken down, the money is lost and a part is dropped (not too much, you shouldn't be getting more than, say, 10k out of it, and only if it's hard to destroy it...

Quote:
Old 05-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
The Bank can be attacked, and if it's taken down, the money is lost and a part is dropped (not too much, you shouldn't be getting more than, say, 10k out of it, and only if it's hard to destroy it...
Heh, graal's definition if "hard" would take 20 seconds

Quote: