Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2003, 06:01 AM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkB
that does nothing to solve the problem though, the problem with the fact that people can spend these outragous ammounts on items...i think the best thing would be to lower the price of items you can sell...instead of a trex heart selling for 30 plat, why not make it 10, and so on and so forth, and do a complete reset...i know that seems restarded but it would be good for the server..
Um trex heart sells for more money depending on charm.
Inflation is because people like to sit around and bless things to +3 or +4 which is stupid. I've never done that to get money. Some people made over 50k by doing this crap. The selling of +3 and +4 items should be 30 plat or so instead of 1k+. The lucky rabbit charm (necklace thing) doesn't help either, that encourages people to bless things since it gives +15 luck and lets them bless in a matter of minutes...
Old 06-14-2003, 06:30 AM
SmokeyX is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

about that thing like making things cost more..wouldnt that make people sell it for more?

If Iwd costed like lets say 4k plat and came around less wouldnt that make people sell them for like 20k plat?

I mean..people here over charge I saw a silver plate mail for 50 platinum coins......
King Tritan X: buy games?
King Tritan X: update your computer?
King Tritan X: buy friggin new clothes?!
King Tritan X: go have fun outside? x.x
ArgosaxHaelis: I dont have to buy clothes. My mom does
Old 06-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I bought prayer of regeneration from anu today for 4k. Obvoiusly not worth it, but I needed it badly.

That and summon avatar are the two most outragously priced books.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Com013 is on a distinguished road
I think (as it was already written by Ghost Pirate) the items shouldn't be permanent.

Example: Whenever you failed using a melee weapon (AC / WC thing) your weapon loses one hit point. You have to use iron to recover the HP. If it is possible to buy iron for 2 or 3 plats in a shop that would be a first way to reduce money.

Arrows could more often get lost, but you can buy them in shops.

Then maybe slow down the mana/grace regeneration, so the players have to buy the regeneration items (like the mana crystal in Igloo Town).

Make restaurants where you can actually buy good food.

It would be nice if items like stones, iron and nails would be available in shops for reparing your house and so. I think most players would prefer that instead of mining - but the price should still be so high, that mining is the easier solution, so players could still sell the stuff for slightly cheaper prizes.

e-mail: [email protected]
Old 06-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Androk is on a distinguished road
Inflation only works if you buy items for ouragius prices. I just go around stores and buy what's in stock.

Name: Androk
Old 06-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Hang around Hirathia, and you can find Diamonds for 4p.
If you don't pay the outrageous prices, people will stop charging them.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 06-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
people pay high prices because they can. It is the compitition between players and the easy ways to obtain this money that drives people to outragous prices. Greed.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Muha_builder is on a distinguished road
well as many other have said blessed weapons should be worth 30 plats again not that 1k+,than its just a matter of weeks. and prices will drop.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
ah yes, oh soo true, you did by regeneration off me today for 4k...but i held an auction...that is why it was so high..not some number i pulled out of the sky lol
today...lmao some dude bought IWDs, two of them for 40k...is that not insane or what....reset the whole damned server, and hire some events people
Old 06-16-2003, 07:33 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
The only solution to to even out the means by which people make plat.

Even if stores sell these things cheap, sure, that's great but people WILL make 10k off of a IWD when someone will buy for that.

people WILL buy something for 10K if they can make it in a short time.

Its about demand and cost to buyer, the value of the plat to the buyer is low because it is easy to get, the desire for the item (IWD) is high because more people are higher level than ever and using them, and their frequency is as low as it was 6 months ago, so the cost will go up no matter what.

You will never see cause light wounds cost more than 300 plat because that's the cost in Tanarthia - it will never be rare because it is always in stock at a fixed price.

Now, if you can limit the reselling of certain items, maybe that would help - so you have to buy it in stores only.

Just a thought - I dont' want to infringe on the excellent free market that is in gk, but some sort of thing must be done...

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."
Old 06-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Gone
Thats why I am selling as many blessed things as I can now and saving my money in my house so when you all spend your money on pointless stuff and then stefan fixes the blessing and stuff, I'll be rich and you'll be poor.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
Thats why I am selling as many blessed things as I can now and saving my money in my house so when you all spend your money on pointless stuff and then stefan fixes the blessing and stuff, I'll be rich and you'll be poor.
And that is why I think that it should not be harder to get money, but that you need more money at higher levels

The more MP you have currently the slower the next mp will be, so low levels have no problem regeneration mp, while when you want to have high mp you need to buy mana crystals.
Same with weapons - when you repair an improved weapon one iron will fix less, so you need to buy more iron. Maybe improved weapons would also require diamonds to fix them, but then diamonds should be available in shops more often.

Shops...in the original game on which GK is based, the shops are having tons of items and not seldom three diamonds at once. Maybe the shops should be huger here, too, so players will buy items in shops rather then push the prizes up such a lot.

Old 06-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Banned
Kinatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kinatt Send a message via Yahoo to Kinatt
Inflation is a big problem on Graal classic Mr. LAT admin.. wait there is no real currency there is there.. I think I will go whack some swamp to get some money hold on.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinatt
Inflation is a big problem on Graal classic Mr. LAT admin.. wait there is no real currency there is there.. I think I will go whack some swamp to get some money hold on.
I know. Won't be possible soon - that is when I finally finished this tiring job of converting it.

But this is about GK.

Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
If people pay 200 per diamond, it's their own problem - they could also try to mind them or extract them from some rexes' corpses.
Another thing are such spells - let's take piety as an example (as shop-item in general). It's quite rare, okay, so people pay 1000 for something you can get at 600 in a shop. I don't see a problem with that. Then again, for Summon Avatar, which is hardly 300, people pay thousands and thousands - why? Because it's so damned rare, in all my time I've seen it in shops only twice, whereas I've seen about 20 pieties. The more rare an item is, the more money people will pay, it's as easy as that...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore