Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I think it is a good system, however, HP really needs to be increased. ;x
Old 05-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
If there would still be the same battle mode peaceful mode thing, people that are sitting down with their weapon put away, could get attacked.

If you have your weapon drawn, you are in battle mode. If you do not, you are in peaceful mode. You can't be PKed in peaceful mode so Joe SittingDownWithWeaponPutAway could not be attacked.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:07 AM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
YAY, that means I'll NEVER be in battle mode because I can't weild a weapon. So therefore I don't think it would work, and it would make spells 52% useless.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 05-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Weapon OR a staff. Mabey it would be like Diablo then, with the little buttion thing
Old 05-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes it would be a replacement for the current battle mode. When you have a weapon or staff in your hands then you are in battle mode, you need to wait 10-20 seconds before being able to put it back in the inventory. That everything is based so much on a few single items is a problem though, when an item is so valuable that no one wants to risk to lose it then it shouldnt be so easy to use it? I mean in real life no one wears a 10-million-dollar-hat since it could easily be stolen. Normally the skill to fight good depends more on the warrior than on the sharpness of the sword, it should be more balanced somehow?
Old 05-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
I mean in real life no one wears a 10-million-dollar-hat since it could easily be stolen.
You never know, some people might, but they also have bodyguards to protect them wherever they go. So maybe in some place, you can hire bodyguards to protect you when you are walking around without a weapon/wand in hand? lol
Old 05-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Gone
Losing your improved weapon is stupid. Period.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
YOu draw a weapon, you're in battlemode? That's the most abuseable thing I heard in a while, sorry to say that. A few days ago I animated a flaming sword of ogma +3 - someone with lv22 killed the weapon, took it and claimed it was his - just to point out the way some people play. Now say you're just having fun killing bomys - or dievils, if you want. The same guy runs by, slashes you twice and you die - what's the fun in that?

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Gone
Gah, I just explained a way so this system is not abused and you completly ignore it. Go read it again.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
When the player is attacked by someone, (if on battle mode) he will have to stay on battle mode until he dies, or unless he flees for 20 seconds or more, (meaning he musn't get hit again in 20 seconds) that would be an almost sure way of stoping the abuse.
I did.. if I'm right to guess that this is what you referr to. So... if I get you right... A attacks B while both are in battle mode. B's only choice (apart from fighting back) is to run and not get hit in 20 seconds, and by doing so get back to peaceful mode. Okay, but seeing that stronger people are faster, too, this seems to be a little counter-productive - weak B can't run as fast nor fight back a strong A with his improved weapon, and can't avoid being PKed. Also, there still remains the drawback that you can't do anything about being PKed while your HP is low after fighting monsters - if one hit can kill you, you don't even get the chance to run.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2003, 04:19 AM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
About the grace stuff, how medium and high, it should be changed soon, after all the artifact weapons are completed, and alchemy is finished. Then low would be 50(100 at alter), medium 75(150 at alter), and high 100(200 at alter).

The reason it is so high on the mudlib is because the game that uses this mudlib made it easy to obtain weapons and level up.
Yeah, someone change this soon ..

I want Gloves of the Sun.

.. oh .. this reminds me. I heard a while back that there are going to be whip-type weapons, and that the vine-whips might be usable by Brigid followers .. is this true? I hope so, that'd be very nice ..

.. and the thing with animated weapon, where the sword is dropped to the ground if it's killed .. that's incredibly unfair .. you spend 1000's on a great sword, animate it (say you can't use weapons), and then someone kills it and runs away with it. Oh, that's grand .. that should be changed ..

.. and about death. There needs to be a bigger penalty for death. I really think that corpses should be implemented (along with another reasonable form of punishment). The implementing of corpses would give a use to the prayer "resurrection" .. and perhaps even, you could use a potion of life on a dead body to revive it somehow ..

.. well that's all from me for now.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:11 AM
Gone
There are whips in the mudlib, would be nice to see them on GK. >:]
Old 05-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Battle mode should trigger when you swing at a player, not when you have a weapon drawn. But then, it's never easy to tell intention - I might be hacking at a bomy innocently and get killed by a PKer, and Thanatos might go around casting storm a little to the left of his targets to kill them without going into battle mode...if an area effect hits a player, are you in battle mode by default?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Com013 is on a distinguished road
Switching to battle mode when you hit someone ... hmm...
Imagine you are fighting a lord using magic bullets. Someone wants to help you, attacks it with a melee weapon and gets hit by your bulllet. You are in battle mode.

I think the peacefull/battlemode system should stay the way it is.
But to stop players from using improved weapons for PKing, you could add a "blood" flag to a weapon when you hit a player with it (in battle mode). The flag disapears after one minute.
In each town there is a guard. When a guard can see you with a weapon or spell that has the flag set, he tells you to stop and takes the weapon (or spell) away from you.
If you run away before the guard can do that, you will get an "outlaw" flag, which means that the next guard seeing you would catch you and put you in prison.
You have to stay (online) in the prison for one minute each level you have. You can also pay 10 plats to get a minute less.

To avoid losing your weapon or spell you have to fight in an arena or you have to avoid the towns when you are carrying a bloody weapon or spell.

The removed weapons could fly around animated in the dungeons (but with a lot of hitpoints), the spells could be in strong elementals (the strength should depend on the value of the spell). When you kill them you get whatever was taken away.

I know this can sound quite radical, but:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
I mean in real life no one wears a 10-million-dollar-hat since it could easily be stolen. Normally the skill to fight good depends more on the warrior than on the sharpness of the sword, it should be more balanced somehow?
And my idea would hurt the killer, too, not just the victim.

e-mail: [email protected]
Old 05-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Elite Sheep
Doesn't sound too bad - but there should be a way to get rid of the blood-flag without losing anything, not even a few minutes - as in your example, your magic bullet would be flagged even without you intending to attack a player, and also people could run into your spells to get you blooded. How about this, if you hit a player you get a value 'blood' of 2^(hits). So the first hit gives blood 2, the 10th blood 1024. Killing a player adds some thousands. Till, say, 500, nothing happens. Above that value, said guards will warn you, then disable the apropriate spell for a while, and eventually jail you - killing 2 people will get you a candidate for jail automatically. Running adds points, like teo for every second that passes after you saw a guard trying to get you. The points would either cease over time, one for each second, or you could go to jail and pay them off. Another way might be praying and being blessed or something.

Edit: maybe improved weapons should give more points than normal weapons...

Quote: