Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by graaliholic

So someone could just pick up your locked chest of valuables and run away with it?

Could give more meaning to thiefs...

House boats would be cool.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:20 AM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
:| How would a house boat work in this village-type thing? It wouldn't be any more safe than using a regular boat I'm sure.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 05-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I'd just love to steal Tyhms axe, improved what? 0/2?
Just keep making corn Tyhm.

Anyway, I think this is a stupid idea, and what would be better, would be that your damage rises by each phyiscal level you gain. =/
Old 05-21-2003, 08:59 AM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
I think this is a stupid idea, and what would be better, would be that your damage rises by each phyiscal level you gain. =/
It already does, though not each level. Giving warriors automatic + to damage would be as stupid as automatically granting wizards/priests all the spells of their level or lower.

Edit: Don't insult Tyhm, he's cool, I wish he would hurry up with that stat potion quest though.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 05-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
It was done a week ago. Stefan keeps making me redo it for efficiency and length though, he's aiming towards wrapping up New Things on Kingdoms such that it'll be able to grow without limit by only editing the stuff already there.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally posted by graaliholic
Edit: Don't insult Tyhm, he's cool, I wish he would hurry up with that stat potion quest though.
Tyhm is just a prick to me because he expected me to do more on debug than make levels for Forest, even though it was my only job, and I did do more than what I was supposed to. But he and Stefan are best buddies so he got my kicked off debug because he doesn't like me. Doesn't really matter any more I guess, however, this is one grudge I won't settle twice in a row.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Psionic Youth
Jeebus Cali, if you were paying attention instead of running your mouth you'd know WHY you got kicked off debug. Stefan told you to stop yapping, you didn't, he banned you. Same for Brad. If pinning your lack of control on me makes you feel better, fine, whatever - but I'd like to see your justification for then kicking me out of Forest against the wishes of the Forest King because I failed to show sufficient sympathy when you gave your sob story about quitting (because, Ironically, Stefan still wouldn't drop everything and break the rules to help you [immediately]). Honestly, you think just because you were king once and you still had R power you can delete whoever you want? I guess that means Brad deleting everyone in Forest just to get at me was alright too, huh? Unless that was you too - I wouldn't put it past you anymore, you've demonstrated a selfish attitude and a willingness to abuse any power you're given to such ends.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 05-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Gone
R means to add/edit/delete ranks

Anyway, I am talking about the whole incident before Brad started to get in trouble and SoulBlade kept arguing with me. I am talking about why you hated me because I didn't "Help enough" with other things than what I was ASSIGNED TO DO. Guess what that was? Make FOREST levels.

Also, about that incident, I told stefan SoulBlade was saying stuf to me and he said just ignore it. I did, and started working on stuff, and he eventually stopped. Than Stefan asked for help on Easter Eggs, and threatened to ban anyone talking about other things. So I suggested a few things and Soul told me to shut up and stuff so I just tried to tell Stefann again and BAM I was gone.

I have explosive anger, and I can't control it any other way, so oh well I guess? :o
Old 05-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
Wow you guys sure did throw this thread off topic, way to go.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Com013 is on a distinguished road
Back to the topic...

The idea of villages sounds basically good to me. I am not too sure about the money/crystal/house looting thing.

I have the idea of causing a great flood on the kingdom islands - the islands get split up into small islands of the size similiar to the trading islands. Players can build villages on them.

To found a village you need to build a village hall, which requires 2.5 times as many items as a normal house. Of course you cannot place it near to another village hall (A distance of 320 tiles should lie between).
The hall loses its constitution as fast as a playerhouse does, but one board, two nails and one stone can just repair 2%.

Accepted inhabitants can place their house within a set range of the hall. When the hall breaks down, the houses still remain and they are still safe, but you cannot place new houses and someone else could build a new village hall and conquer the village this way (he still woundn't have access to the houses, he could just move them around a bit, which is still dangerous enough). But I think it takes two months or so anyway until a house (the hall) breaks down (and you cannot damage it).

By creating the village hall, you found something like a small kingdom - just without a guild tag of course. Every village starts with two ranks: citizen and inhabitant. Citizens are allowed to vote in the town hall while inhabitant means that you just have a house in the village, but no rights.

First you have to make votes about everything: when you want to hire a new member, one citizen has to suggest him or her and the other citizens have to vote on this suggestion. The same happens when you want to define/assign ranks.
Of course the citizens can add a rank which has all the rights (something like a king) to make things easier.

A problem could happen when there are many inactive citizens, so you cannot get the 50% for a vote. This could be solved by giving every citizen who has not entered the hall for two days an "away status", so he is not included in the calculation of the votes.

A village can send a request to a kingdom and the king can decide to add the whole village. The current islands should be no limitation anymore, so Pirates could have a village on what is now Forest.

Every citzen of a village automatically is a citizen of the kingdom the village belongs to. So the kingdom is not hiring individual members anymore, but whole villages (the ranks are of course still given to individual members - the king just has to mark a default rank which every citizen gets first).

One village can be declared as the capital of the kingdom, which would enable building the castle there.

You can build the crafting houses, farming/baking houses, a well and a ship yard in the villages (although the ship yard shouldn't be as big as the kingdom ship yards - the big ship yards can only be built in the capital). When you are building a new house you can decide which style you want to use - so you could even build a pirate style house on the forest island. The citizens can limit the styles (by vote or if they added any rank for that purpous).

Public market stands which can be placed in the villages (but only by persons with certain rights) would be nice, same with lamps and torches which cannot be picked up by everyone.

The village hall would serve as a post office for the village. Letters would go directly there, so delivering them would be easier.
In the village hall there is a chest which can be opened by all the citizens (inhabitants can still drop items on it to donate them). There would be log book which can be viewed by every citzen. here you can read who added/took items out of the chest, who repaired a public house and you could read of the past votes.
Another book would contain the votes. Everything you can change in the village can be put in there (adding/removing members, defining ranks, changing the ranks of members, setting the taxes). A vote stays in the book for one week.

Each of the small islands would have a dock where the ferry would stop. Of course that would make the ferries slower, but maybe they could be a bit cheaper. The docks do not need to be built, they are on every island by default (same as boat building places).
Maybe the kingdom (if the village who is nearest to the dock joined a kingdom) would get a part of the ferry costs, so there is an advantage for having many villages.

When you are trading in the range of a village the taxes are calculated by the tax set for the town and the tax for the kingdom (if the village joined one).

Changing the whole islands as I suggested whould be a huge change which would conflict with the current player houses. I think that could be solved by putting all the current houses in some invisibility status (so they don't get lost until their time runs out) and the key owners would get some kind of warp item. So when you build a new house in a village you can wield the warp item and grab the house building place to warp your old house there.

e-mail: [email protected]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I kinda like that idea, as long as houses as they are aren't lost. Each town hall should give enough room for, say, 10 playerhouses minimum plus the minimum requirements of crafting houses. A weaponery should only be allowed in the capitol. Maybe towns could make contracts about furniture for example, town a does the carpets while town b does the actual furniture. Instead of shipyards there should be a docking station on either side of the actual dock, where players can place ships which then only citicens of the same town can enter.

All this would require quite a lot of gfx (unless you build a mill using the playerhousebuilding-gani - and I think it'd be nice to bring cloth for the actuall millwheel etc), rescripting and re-leveling. Also, building a castle sounds like a gargantuan task, maybe one island in in the middle already has it, it works as townhall and the king can decide where to build what. He can also accept towns in his kingdoms as allys, and towns can either join the kingdom they're adjectant to, or remain neutral. No joining enemies.

A town wall would be nice, too, craftable only in the castle and very heavy, say 1000kg a piece, requires more rescources than the stone fence, and, most important, can't get destroyed by any spell or weapon except siege weapons when there will be some. And only members from a town can place them, with a few having the right to move (the local leader I'd say) to avoid abuse. Towngates would be a nice addition, and every citicen could open or close them.

In my opinion this whole idea gives room for a bunch of new possibilities... and what about this: towns can be attacked, not by destroying the walls but by hitting the door often enough so it'll crack (can be repaired with boards), and everyone who attacks it goes to battle mode for a few minutes, so the defenders can fight back. Once inside, lamps, crafting houses and the well can be attacked and destroyed, yet houses remain safe. Defenders might get a bonus though. This way, the stronger citizens can fight while the weaker hide in their houses or the town hall. After the attack they come out and help do rebuild the destroyed buildings - maybe using the ruins of them, so they need less material for a full mill or so.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Psionic Youth
Hm. If town halls could be repaired, but the houses so supported didn't need to be repaired, that'd be cool.

Old 05-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
I agree with everything in the last three posts -- EXCEPT -- the flood. I don't feel that it is fully necessary. Perhaps there could be one, and it would only affect certain parts of the islands (mountains and other more inland areas would not be affected) .. but yeah .. you could have ferries drop you off, and then from there a wagon could take its place (shouldn't be too difficult to script) .. and then instead of having water as a boundary, the villages would have walls prebuilt .. but not ones that are as powerful as the 1000kg ones (the weaker ones could be replaced gradually of course). Well that's my $.02 I suppose ..
Old 05-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Maybe have town walls being built like buildings - that is, not a finished piece of work but a ordinary stone fence which a town leader can change into a town wall basis, then the citicens can start to bring stones, boards, logs and nails to construct a heavier wall upon it. These walls would decay like houses and could be repaired in the known way.
And the flood, I don't think that it's necessary, but what about a few rivers, splitting the island in smaller parts? But even that would just be a matter of optics...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm the Yankee Boy!
MKSLAYER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MKSLAYER Send a message via MSN to MKSLAYER Send a message via Yahoo to MKSLAYER
stefans idea's with villages could prove quite use ful. We could insert guilds like ancient india did in the Gupta Empire. One part of the island would be for militia, one for crafts men. each town would have a smithy devoting a kingdom armor/weapon/tool or item from that point of view. also i think that you should have stations around the isle so you could train a "kingdom class" this class would be your rank but as you improve with exp you get a higher rank. exp would be given for doing kingdom quests and they would require mental ability or things that all people would have a chance at. so then people could have lets say for samurai:
Theif lvl 10/ Ninja lvl 2 like multi-classing in D&D. it would also make game play more interesting.