Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
New tiles.

Heres some tiles ive been working on in my spare time for a personal project of mine. I havnt really been able to spend as much time on the graphics as ive wanted to considering ive been more focused on trying to get some of the core systems done for gameplay. But anyways, what do you think of the graphics so far?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sariath_ss1.png
Views:	399
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	46772  
Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Pretty cool dude, gotten good from when you started.
Few things I have to say:
-Why are the sidewalks brownish?
-Love the trees, grass and roads
-Would be more 'realistic' if you made the chained link fences linked by another pole like every 4 tiles?
-Don't really like the cliffs
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned
Aura is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks really good :-) Like the cliffs the most!
Tree's look a bit weird!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
You need to seperate the trees from the grass. Also, I don't think the gray you used as a shadow color for some object works. House looks somewhat flat, should give that some drop shadows too.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
The roof is a bit boring..
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I don't like the colors you've used on anything and it feels very generic. You've got a mixture of different styles and what looks like reused content, and they don't really fit at all. It is the type of thing you'd expect to see from one of those "just another ___" servers.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Graal Developer
Well tbh, the house tiles were made before any of the other things, so i guess you could say it was re-used content.. although i did remake the roof tiles from what they used to be. But on another note, this tileset is more of an experimental thing for me, I feel as though ive reached a new height in my graphics ability and ive been experimenting with what i can and cant do. At this point these tiles were just a mixture of tiles in a few different styles that ive been trying out. But either way, these are the best tiles that i've made thus far and i feel rather accomplished. But yeah of course im going to keep trying to make new tilesets.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
xFuture is on a distinguished road
Look's so nice! What server?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
Well tbh, the house tiles were made before any of the other things, so i guess you could say it was re-used content.. although i did remake the roof tiles from what they used to be. But on another note, this tileset is more of an experimental thing for me, I feel as though ive reached a new height in my graphics ability and ive been experimenting with what i can and cant do. At this point these tiles were just a mixture of tiles in a few different styles that ive been trying out. But either way, these are the best tiles that i've made thus far and i feel rather accomplished. But yeah of course im going to keep trying to make new tilesets.
Why make new ones if you can improve? Don't refuse to improve things just because they are "old".
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Why make new ones if you can improve? Don't refuse to improve things just because they are "old".
No im not saying im going to make new ones now, I mean eventually whenI improve ill end up making a newer better tileset, but im not saying im going to quit on this tileset.

And the server is Dev Sango_Ku.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 AM
RozenMaiden is on a distinguished road
uh i like the tiles, but are the white-line-street-thingies (i don't know their name ) centered? looks like they are a bit off to the right
Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaiden View Post
uh i like the tiles, but are the white-line-street-thingies (i don't know their name ) centered? looks like they are a bit off to the right
"traffic lines"? But yeah if youre referring to the ones going upwards, they are off to the right.. someone *cough* Angel.. tiled the right side smaller than the left side.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:26 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
You've shown me this before. I think it's all pretty cool. Definitely worth taking forward, for that next gen modern server.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:22 PM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
I like it a lot actually. Some things are kind of bland but I don't really mind it for a graal server. anywho. I think you should make the sidewalk corners more like a real sidewalk....i mean how often do sidewalks end in pointy corners? I've never seen it.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 AM
The Shiznic
Tyrial is an unknown quantity at this point
stolen