Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Lol, the script as it is is very tax-worthy on the CPU. All it does is detect walls, though I could make it shine over vases... but that would be pointless to script because it will have custom tilesets that won't have vases.

Also, I'm going to script it so NPC's not in your field-of-view will be completely invisible. Only reason I made the polygon slightly transparent was because I thought it was a bit boring to show all black with just some floor showing.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Ok cool, not flaming you at all, great work!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
I think you should add a little bit of "view" all the way around the character to add a scare factor when a zombie suddenly attacks from behind. Instead of you suddenly realizing your health is depleting and not seeing the zombie behind you, you would be able to see the zombie right on top of you at the very last second.

Also maybe you could not make the view so bright. It kinda seems like the guy has flashlights for eyes. Or you could make it so that your character could start off with only a flashlight and just make a gani with the guy holding the flashlight.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Lost Mind
Zenom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post
I think you should add a little bit of "view" all the way around the character to add a scare factor when a zombie suddenly attacks from behind. Instead of you suddenly realizing your health is depleting and not seeing the zombie behind you, you would be able to see the zombie right on top of you at the very last second.

Also maybe you could not make the view so bright. It kinda seems like the guy has flashlights for eyes. Or you could make it so that your character could start off with only a flashlight and just make a gani with the guy holding the flashlight.
A flashlight would seem logical since it wouldn't be that bright with eyes. But I don't know about having sight around you even if it is just a bit. Maybe if a zombie attacks from behind you can have it where the zombie's head bites your neck and you can see its head on your shoulder.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Well I plan to have anything in like 2 tiles visible as long as it's not behind a wall or such. I can't describe this as a flashlight or such because then I'd have to script you to see everyone else's light and it'd be a huge mess.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
The Shiznic
Tyrial is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Well I plan to have anything in like 2 tiles visible as long as it's not behind a wall or such. I can't describe this as a flashlight or such because then I'd have to script you to see everyone else's light and it'd be a huge mess.
Unless it's going to be dark outside too you could still make flashlights, and like make the lights inside coming from a window or such.. not that you get some holy light from nowhere.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Well it's not really light, it's your perspective. And this script would only be implemented inside(unless the onwall3(poly) is implemented...).
Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
The Shiznic
Quote:
Well it's not really light, it's your perspective. And this script would only be implemented inside(unless the onwall3(poly) is implemented...).
I figured, but still a light from nowhere?
Make it dark outside, and black inside with lightsources from outside... Then you could also buy a flashlight..?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:33 PM
There's no light coming from no where? It's like any other server where insides are just lit. The blackness isn't shadows, but just area out of your viewing area. Think of it like a camera in a 3D game. To call it a light would mean everyone else would have light projected from them and then you'd have an overwhelming script trying to work with everyone's light. The only reason I want to implement this is to emphasize the horror of not knowing what's around the corner, or behind you and such. With this system you can literally walk up to a corner in the hallway and never see the monster that's sitting right around the corner until it pops out.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
The Shiznic
Quote:
There's no light coming from no where? It's like any other server where insides are just lit. The blackness isn't shadows, but just area out of your viewing area. Think of it like a camera in a 3D game. To call it a light would mean everyone else would have light projected from them and then you'd have an overwhelming script trying to work with everyone's light. The only reason I want to implement this is to emphasize the horror of not knowing what's around the corner, or behind you and such. With this system you can literally walk up to a corner in the hallway and never see the monster that's sitting right around the corner until it pops out.
I know, but it kind of ruins it in a way..

"It's like any other server where insides are just lit."
They suck.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Lighting effects would be done with like seteffect/setcolor effect with images and such, but it wouldn't be part of this script.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
The Shiznic
Quote:
Lighting effects would be done with like seteffect/setcolor effect with images and such, but it wouldn't be part of this script.
I guess my ideas won't help you.. so.. k.