Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
While we wait for content.

The playercount, and player morale is pretty low at the moment, i and many other long-serving members have very low motivation when it comes to Graal/GK.

I got a suggestion, the concept is borrowed from other games and im only suggesting it because i can see that addition of content to ease the availability of items problem isn't a realistic thought, so here's option two, one that can survive the test of time if managed right.

We, the events team, could schedule and host weekly and monthly pvp (bmode) tournaments in a whole new setting (We could use forest island or scrap and remake Kaimetsu isle). These would be solo events and so players would fight for their own glory, but can team up if they wish to (players are often reluctant to go for their friends initially). All spells/melee weapons/tactics would be allowed, everything apart from mana crystals, mana leaves, restoration/heal scrolls would be legal (scripts to stop these). Winners and runners up (2nd and 3rd) of weekly/monthly tournaments would earn prizes and tokens (non-tradeable). Prizes include ec's, brutals, ea's, iwd's and diamonds aswell as gk's. Tokens can be used to buy very exclusive and elite gear ranging from pmop to GPA. Only once someone has amassed enough tokens can they buy an item they desire.

I know the initial thought is omg there wud be too many rare items running around, but it would take months for someone to get enough tokens to get the big ones, and that would include consecutive weekly and monthly wins, but consistency also pays off, enough 2nd/3rd placings can also get someone a cool item. Tokens in a sense would act in the same way as Kingdom points, but for individual players.

In time (player count picking up therefore more em's to manage all the events) there could be level groupings e.g. Novice, Beginner, Experienced, Professional, Legendary. Tokens would be named after the level grouping e.g. Heroic Token etc. Token item rewards would also be grouped in these levels. So a RoT may be avaliable to buy from using Novice/Beginner tokens, a RoS avaliable for Exp/Prof tokens and a RoW for Exp/Legend tokens. In the same way, Havoks (regular) for nov/beg all the way up to giants/shinings for legendary tokens.

This would provide a way to soften the availability of items problem w/o the need for much content, aswell as create a platform for new items to be added onto. I bring this idea to you because i understand your staff team is low, and so wishing for tons of new dungeons, races etc wouldn't be realistic. But slowly upping the playercount through ways like this could eventually ease your own staffing problem.

I think it should be considered that any high level (exp/legend) token purchases should be account locked, GK is the type of server, unlike zodiac and maloria was, that doesn't require multiple accounts each being a different class and so there's no need to trade such powerful gear. Now what to do if you've been dominant, won enough tokens, got all your gear etc? Well i think there should be the option to trade tokens in for Kingdom points, so that the most dominant players are able to strengthen their kingdoms after completing their gear sets. It's ofcourse possible that one kingdom will become far superior, but loyalty in GK isn't built to suit that theory - my experience.

I hope you read this all, i've put a little time into it and bounced ideas off fellow players and other successful games.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
How do new players without a good gear win, knowing they can hardly level ?
Seriously, I can only see a few names winning that kind of event:
You, Kale, PoJo, Sky, Cell, Storm, Craigus, Naith, Felix, Jcs, Romain, Chaosorc, and all the lv 110 nolives still active.

Not to say its a bad idea, but I can't see the opportunity here for new players or even mid-experienced.

The leveling system seriously needs to be revised.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I like the idea, though i think the item list should be strict, not every single item on there. I'd like to see whats meant to be rare, stay rare, but the majorly helpful items, and of course some majorly helpful RARE item, should no doubt be on there. I just dont see a reason to have "Zormite Shield" on there, but some good single point prizes would be say, 5 ECs, or 2 IWDs.

I think its a good idea, with of course simple exceptions.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
You, Kale, PoJo, Sky, Cell, Storm, Craigus, Naith, Felix, Jcs, Romain, Chaosorc, and all the lv 110 nolives still active.

Not to say its a bad idea, but I can't see the opportunity here for new players or even mid-experienced.

I did mention there'd be several groupings based on level to curb that obvious issue of 'the same lvl 110's will win'. The basics of the idea are to increase item availability for all, veterans and and newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
I like the idea, though i think the item list should be strict, not every single item on there. I'd like to see whats meant to be rare, stay rare, but the majorly helpful items, and of course some majorly helpful RARE item, should no doubt be on there. I just dont see a reason to have "Zormite Shield" on there, but some good single point prizes would be say, 5 ECs, or 2 IWDs.

I think its a good idea, with of course simple exceptions.
Naturally the list of available items that tokens can buy would be subject to scrutiny. I don't imagine Kingdom items would ever feature as available outside of a kingdom held event. I agree some rares should stay rares, such as Seasonal/Holiday rares, event shop rares, RP event rares etc.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I did mention there'd be several groupings based on level to curb that obvious issue of 'the same lvl 110's will win'. The basics of the idea are to increase item availability for all, veterans and and newbies.
I guess I skipped that part, somehow o.o
Overall, it's a nice idea then. I support this.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:16 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Give me a reason to make a level 60 phys with 1 mental!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Give me a reason to make a level 60 phys with 1 mental!
?? Other than you'll be in a niche of players who don't max mental, dunno.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
I like this idea although I would also like to see 1vs1 bmode tourneys, along with a statue for the winner, these tournaments can be monthly/seasonally held.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The items need to be revised, that's where the problem is. I don't mind grinding for a thousand years. I do have issues with a default set of items you're expected to have to go bmode.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Cell Chill
smokeraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to smokeraider Send a message via MSN to smokeraider
bla bla bla
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Cell Chill
Quote:

ur so full of urselfe here, if you took some time into leveling phy like i did you would be 107 phy to, it aint hard at all it does not take long at all, i got my phy from the zombies and halloween haunted house, that did not take me very long, its becouse you idle the time i level, doesent make me any more nolive then you are urselfe to

pfft
Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

I agree completly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeraider View Post
ur so full of urselfe here, if you took some time into leveling phy like i did you would be 107 phy to, it aint hard at all it does not take long at all, i got my phy from the zombies and halloween haunted house, that did not take me very long, its becouse you idle the time i level, doesent make me any more nolive then you are urselfe to

pfft
Do yourself a favor and test it (if you have the money).
I have another account around level 35. I renewed it and was trying to improve, but it's not worth it, because it takes ages.
The game mechanisms changed as the economics did.
People lose interest if they don't have a sense of achievement.
And to buy items for money to get stronger is only acceptable if it's made by the game owners, not by other players.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Yup, leveling needs to be revised especially combat leveling. There was a good route to get there a couple months ago, but with lords being made rare sightings compared to before, brutals apparently being lowered in drop rate and going up to 30dias per map, and zombie exp nerfed to like 1k per zombie (that's about 1600 zombies at my level) there are huge gaps between level 10-20/25 and 40-107... This is currently the worst time to level, honestly.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Cell Chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I agree completly!

Do yourself a favor and test it (if you have the money).
I have another account around level 35. I renewed it and was trying to improve, but it's not worth it, because it takes ages.
The game mechanisms changed as the economics did.
People lose interest if they don't have a sense of achievement.
And to buy items for money to get stronger is only acceptable if it's made by the game owners, not by other players.
money? like i said i leveled myselfe till 107phy just at halloween, all you need is some decent ac not to get hit and you can even put eas on crafted gear and you would still do good, for the brutals and other maps thats now harder to get becouse there so expencive now, you people only make it harder for urself, why don't you take a week vacantion and focus on leveling? instead of doing it breefly from time to time. no then you dont see much progress... so what im saying, you cannot blame other people for something you need to work for urselfe, its just wrong what Soala said, he should not talk bad to other people becouse hes to lazy to work for it himself
end of story
Old 03-30-2010, 04:18 AM
ω
I also don't like the way some respectable person who is the Admin of the GDT is starting random trouble with players.