Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeraider View Post
all you need is some decent ac not to get hit
The basis of your argument for levelling being "easy" is dedicating time to it instead of idling. I agree there, but the methods you claim we should use are flawed.

Killing Zombies to farm physique experience is a completely unrealistic suggestion for someone below level 50 physique (and even then it's hardly what I'd call easy). How do you suggest, short of leaching experience from someone else, I obtain the massive amount of experience needed to reach level 107 physique? I'd also like to note that my -71 AC is frequently broken by Zombies, which is something that a newer player would have no hope of (fairly) reaching in GK's current economy.

Brutals have been lowered in droprate (I used 200 destruction scrolls and spawned one Brutal) and the Zombies experience has been nerfed. Keep these things in mind when you reply.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante55555 View Post
How do you suggest, short of leaching experience from someone else, I obtain the massive amount of experience needed to reach level 107 physique?
As much as I am aware there are only a few people who have 107 physique in the history of Graal Kingdoms. level one-hundred-anything isn't supposed to be easy, it's functionally an end game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
How do new players without a good gear win, knowing they can hardly level ?
Seriously, I can only see a few names winning that kind of event:
You, Kale, PoJo, Sky, Cell, Storm, Craigus, Naith, Felix, Jcs, Romain, Chaosorc, and all the lv 110 nolives still active.
You are allowing some simplistic functions of perception limit your understanding.

That list used to be very different; in a few months I can say this again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
I also don't like the way some respectable person who is the Admin of the GDT is starting random trouble with players.
This could be another simplistic perceptual fallacy.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:45 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
i agree.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
The basis of your argument for levelling being "easy" is dedicating time to it instead of idling. I agree there, but the methods you claim we should use are flawed.

Killing Zombies to farm physique experience is a completely unrealistic suggestion for someone below level 50 physique (and even then it's hardly what I'd call easy). How do you suggest, short of leaching experience from someone else, I obtain the massive amount of experience needed to reach level 107 physique? I'd also like to note that my -71 AC is frequently broken by Zombies, which is something that a newer player would have no hope of (fairly) reaching in GK's current economy.

Brutals have been lowered in droprate (I used 200 destruction scrolls and spawned one Brutal) and the Zombies experience has been nerfed. Keep these things in mind when you reply.
I think some people really can't see the big picture as it stands right now. In a year leveling has had many changes, the increase of experience in brutal maps, lord changes, re-launch of crypt, introduction of zombies and others. But in summary, all these changes together have been quite terrible.

Yes Graal Kingdoms is a grinding game, but why begin the grind so early on? It should be expected late game when people are hitting the 90's, but it's been made hard to level even at level 10-40. Lord changes have meant they are no longer viable to be relied upon to level, something they were commonly used for. I myself remember running around, grinding levels on lords from level 10-25 until i moved onto immense maps. Immenses have stayed unchanged so their purpose for level 20-40 leveling has been maintained. However that's pretty much the only cruising time (apart from 1-10) new/young players will get. From then on it's brutal maps.

Brutals have had a shockingly terrible effect on GK in the last year. Forced inflation due to greedy, impatient players; A lowering of the drop rate which only sustained the current premium price (30 diamonds per brutal map - Note 30diamonds is 7,500 diamonds which is 15diamonds in old dia value so it's stayed relatively the same, although slightly reduced, as when we saw forced sales of 16-20diamonds) and actually justified that price when compared to the previous fair standard of 2,500 plat or 5diamonds at the time. Zombies offered some relief at the immense cost of brutal leveling but that's no longer the case.

Perhaps cell is correct in pointing out we have a lazy player base who'd rather idle in the trade house than actively play the game. If we all were more active, we would have capitalized on the healthy experience rewards of zombies during the Halloween and even winter period. But it's true that zombies have been cut in experience. At level 68 phys i receive 1.1k per zombie. That's about 1500-600 zombies for 1 level, which would take hours. It doesn't bother me since i don't level, but i can imagine it's a daunting thought for those wishing to level. And as you pointed out AC (EA rate is down along with IWD's) and phys play a major role in fighting zombies. It really is baffling how something which seems to be designed for level 55/60+ players because obsolete to immense maps at just 5/10 levels into them...

So, when you consider not many are wealthy enough to afford such a habit as brutal's are there's relatively no hope of escaping the immense map grind from level 20/25. Many do forget immense maps are 10x cheaper and offer 1/2 the experience. They're also finished very quickly once you can bile monsters. But it really isn't that great of a thing for there to be only one viable source of solo leveling out there from level 20/25.

Crypt has helped, but noobs still need high level helpers, who can only do crypt once every 24 hours. At where i'm at, it would take a week of solid crypting to get me one level. Working at that pace, it would take atleast 39 weeks, providing exp stayed the same (which it doesn't) and experience required to level stayed the same (which it doesn't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
How do new players without a good gear win, knowing they can hardly level ?
Seriously, I can only see a few names winning that kind of event:
You, Kale, PoJo, Sky, Cell, Storm, Craigus, Naith, Felix, Jcs, Romain, Chaosorc, and all the lv 110 nolives still active.
We should stop quoting this, he was mistaken and his comments addressed.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:30 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
yeah, theres no way i'd ever win one of those events.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
You couldn't win the magic one?

If people read you would see there would be level groupings, and two styles judged. Magic / Melee. Dante suggested in-game to have both spar and bmode (so that low level ones aren't decided by ac entirely, there'd be a test of skill in spar).
So Melee Bmode, Melee Spar, Magic Bmode, Magic Spar. 4 dif categories, you'd only be able to enter into two per event (spec for bmode or spar, or melee or magic). Seven level groupings 11-20 21-30 31-45 45-60 61-90 91-109 110. In consecutive order they'd be hosted Mon-Sun in 1 week once a month or 6weeks. Naturally it's safe to assume the lower level ones would have poor attendance/interest since the prize pools from those tokens are less desirable, but it's avaliable. Four grades of tokens, Beginner (11-30), Adept (31-60), Expert (61-109), Master (110).

Refer to the original post on what tokens would be used for. To link pvp with levelling, to encourage it, probably also allow tokens to be traded for maps. Winners would claim 2 tokens & runners up 1. Most expensive items will near 40token costs meaning it would take consistent dominant play of 10months to claim the most valuable gear. This time taken would be much less the lower the token grade.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 04-01-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
You couldn't win the magic one?

Not now he couldn't
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
not now he couldn't
bohohoho

Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Killing Zombies to farm physique experience is a completely unrealistic suggestion for someone below level 50 physique (and even then it's hardly what I'd call easy).
I am lvl. 81 phys. and it's hard and a long way to kill a Zombie for me.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
ω
You need a battle axe of slay undead, then get holy posessioned by somone bile or brigid.

Then zombies instantly die.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
I don't think it should be something we do while we Wait for content

Assuming this "something" we can do would be hosted by an events master, it should be something new with the current tools they are given and not involve any development, even if it takes a long period of time to set-up.

I'm saying this, not even sure if that's possible, but a few exp events for the lower leveled people every week or so would be nice.

Something challenging for them, maybe not too hard or too easy, but enough that they can maybe gain a level and have some sense of urgency to continue playing gk.

I remember Maroku had this one treasure map event with some really nasty evil hievels or something, for an exp event.
I ran in thinking it was an immense map, and died instantly.
It was fun knowing I died so easily. I was so excited when he re hosted.

The exp was nice, at least for my low leveled wisdom at the time.

It wasn't really challenging however since "/cast forked lightning" *s* wasn't the hardest "boss" for us.

I'd like to know how that event was made out though. Maybe someone could expand and do something creative with it.