Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
jailbird is on a distinguished road
clientside tiled bushes?

The bushes,rocks,signs,vases seem to have become clientsided. They will not drop items or respawn bu****ems=true in server options also there is a respawn set. The only way to get things to respawn is to reconnect. We have tried restarting the server (Tig himself even tried this) and it seemed to only make it worse by messing up the sword and lift ganis(sword stayed frozen at the end and lift went into an endless lift of any object) we reuploaded the sword and lift ganis it seems to have fixed the gani bugs. But everything still is clientsided and will not drop anything. Any help on fixing this will be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I noticed the sword gani stopping at the last from on Unholy Dev. /find returned a sword.gani in some folder that I couldn't access(mainfiles/ganis/sword.gani: downloadable, 10377 byte, 2001-11-26 16:35:24), even with all folder rights. However, I fixed this adding a correct sword.gani into the gani folder. Though, the mainfiles is apparently the default file database, so maybe something is messed up on that end.

As for the bush problems... it may be a gmap issue, at least when it comes to dropping items. I've never had a problem with bushes respawning, however. Is there any other details? Are you using pics1? Are you replacing the tiles correctly?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
As for the bush problems... it may be a gmap issue, at least when it comes to dropping items. I've never had a problem with bushes respawning, however. Is there any other details? Are you using pics1? Are you replacing the tiles correctly?
This doesn't only happen on the gmap, its every level. We do have a tileset but it happens with pics1 also.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird View Post
This doesn't only happen on the gmap, its every level. We do have a tileset but it happens with pics1 also.
What tileset type are you using, 0 or 1(era-styled)?

Also, there are functions that are called when items are dropped so you can make custom item drops. Maybe there is a script deleting items as they drop, also look for something like removeitem(index) or something in scripts as well.

In the end, you can use the functions that Stefan made that are called when items are dropped to check and make sure items even ARE being dropped. I don't know the name of the functions though, and forum search is broken.

I will say I had weird bugs with bush drops before on my server(on gmaps at least) to the point I had to disable them. Bush items would spawn, but were invisible. I'd hear the sound, but couldn't see/pick anything up. They were placing tons of the gralat classes on my overworld and I had to keep clearing them out manually.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 01-08-2010 at 01:37 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What tileset type are you using, 0 or 1(era-styled)?

Also, there are functions that are called when items are dropped so you can make custom item drops. Maybe there is a script deleting items as they drop, also look for something like removeitem(index) or something in scripts as well.

In the end, you can use the functions that Stefan made that are called when items are dropped to check and make sure items even ARE being dropped. I don't know the name of the functions though, and forum search is broken.
its 0 type (pics1 based). you can still s+a out all the items (hearts money bombs and arrows) so i don't think anything is removing them on drops