Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
Or the this whole thread could be countered by some people *cough* making more quality weapons and releasing them to be circulated. Look at it from an RP perspective... over time in real life things will become more rare and more rare. (Is there a max weapon damage on here? Without like mods?) You could put some decent weapons in, and solve this whole issue.

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Then maybe its time for those leet players to stop being so greedy and start to help out new people. Ya know its not all about us.
lol @ you regarding yourself as a leet player.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
MORE ITEMS..MORE ITEMS. Thats all the crap I am hearing. More items means more of the same thing. Oldbies able to buy them taking away from the newer players hoarding it for themself.

More item don't mean more help for newer players and you know that Pojo. What needs to happen FIRST is for us older players to stop charging two arms and one leg for something.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
MORE ITEMS..MORE ITEMS. Thats all the crap I am hearing. More items means more of the same thing. Oldbies able to buy them taking away from the newer players hoarding it for themself.

More item don't mean more help for newer players and you know that Pojo. What needs to happen FIRST is for us older players to stop charging two arms and one leg for something.
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You're right Raven. Give me your FID.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

How many older players are hoarding ID's? I see quite a few being traded around.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Dark Ravenblade
I didn't say id's and they down to 20 dias now so they don't count.

Pojo if i had one to give i would but i got a id..so unless you want that can't help ya..lol.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Duergar
Quote:
I didn't say id's and they down to 20 dias now so they don't count.

Pojo if i had one to give i would but i got a id..so unless you want that can't help ya..lol.

they do count. I have 5 in my house. How many others have five in there house? They are not rare now... but if my house falls, and other people's house falls. then they will become rare again. =(
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Dark Ravenblade
They aren't really a good example of higher priced items viper and you know that.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They aren't really a good example of higher priced items viper and you know that.

Why do new people need to have higher-priced items?
They'll eventually get their time.

I'd say I fall under the category of "new" players, which should really be called "weak/poor players" because I'm not really new. I'm doing pretty well without any expensive items. The only good thing I got is probably an ice axe of swiftness, but that was due to desperate selling/trading of my items (i was ready to start pawning my equipment if I had to), and some help from friends (friendliness can sometimes be awarded in the form of items). And I even got a nice blessing on it for knowing the right people. Oh, and there's my large pirate belt- again, received/borrowed from a friend. The rest of my stuff is equipment I easily bought by selling a few goldkeys (each thing only worth 100 dias,give or take).

Then there's holidays... just, be online, and you'll get stuff.

New players don't need to be running around with inferno daggers, or whatever else is leet... that'll come to them at the right time, as long as they practice some patience.

And it doesn't mean they won't succeed.
Maybe, I'm missing something, but... all my equipment seems to be fine untill I can afford some godly equipment, which I don't feel I really need anyways- it's just something to keep me playing.

But hey, if you wanna make it easy to get all those items, and have it so there's no goal to work toward those items, then- fine by me, and maybe RPing will make a comeback when there's nothing else to do in this game ^.^
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Back when I was noob it was fun. I had fun. Because I wasn't bothered about what I had and neither was anyone else. Everyone just did what they had to do and got good over time, no one begged back then. I was different because Zoe gave me a RoW. But before that, I was cool with what I had.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What needs to happen FIRST is for us older players to stop charging two arms and one leg for something.
Don't speak for everyone, for example I charge a femur and six fingers. But in all seriousness, let's set prices for every item then. That will fix it right?

I repeatedly see this as an answer from you, yet it's nowhere near a realistic option.

Also by more items, what about more craftable items? When people say "more items" everyone thinks of rare 1-5 of a kind items. I'm not saying this is a perfect suggestion or the one that will bring players flocking back to GK, it's nowhere near it. Yet it's something, but like I said before I think it's too late.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Why do new people need to have higher-priced items?
They'll eventually get their time.

I'd say I fall under the category of "new" players, which should really be called "weak/poor players" because I'm not really new. I'm doing pretty well without any expensive items. The only good thing I got is probably an ice axe of swiftness, but that was due to desperate selling/trading of my items (i was ready to start pawning my equipment if I had to), and some help from friends (friendliness can sometimes be awarded in the form of items). And I even got a nice blessing on it for knowing the right people. Oh, and there's my large pirate belt- again, received/borrowed from a friend. The rest of my stuff is equipment I easily bought by selling a few goldkeys (each thing only worth 100 dias,give or take).

Then there's holidays... just, be online, and you'll get stuff.

New players don't need to be running around with inferno daggers, or whatever else is leet... that'll come to them at the right time, as long as they practice some patience.

And it doesn't mean they won't succeed.
Maybe, I'm missing something, but... all my equipment seems to be fine untill I can afford some godly equipment, which I don't feel I really need anyways- it's just something to keep me playing.

But hey, if you wanna make it easy to get all those items, and have it so there's no goal to work toward those items, then- fine by me, and maybe RPing will make a comeback when there's nothing else to do in this game ^.^
Quote:
I did not create this thread for the problem of rare items being handed to noobs... I created this so common items will not become rare. eventually ID will become rare again... which is what i'm trying to stop. remember FID's and ID's were common items at one point. IDs will fade out just like Ice Flaming Swords did. IFS's were a holiday item at one point, and really common. Many people had 5-10 in there house.

Draxx and I had like 7 IFS's and 7 Thunder Swords that fell in our shop. if nothing is done ID's and all other holiday items will be just as rare as IFS.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Dark Ravenblade
i don't care anymore because no matter whats discussed staff won't do crap to help the situation any.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
I did not create this thread for the problem of rare items being handed to noobs... I created this so common items will not become rare. eventually ID will become rare again... which is what i'm trying to stop. remember FID's and ID's were common items at one point. IDs will fade out just like Ice Flaming Swords did. IFS's were a holiday item at one point, and really common. Many people had 5-10 in there house.
You failed to mention HOW common ID's and FID's were... like so common, that you could craft them in Hirathia. And I can relate to the "5-10" in their house thing. Years ago, when things like bloodsabre were first released, and that thunder sword, I had a bunch of those things in my house just stored away. I thought it was all junk... in fact, I think I had blessed some of those weapons to ogma+2 and sold them to the store for plat.

Edit: I think the solution for ID's has already been done (releasing them for halloween and then some more on christmas). Yes, it's a temporary solution, but it can be done again, and again, and again. I'm not saying ID's should be released every holiday... but maybe we should see how things go. If ID's become rare again and prices start skyrocketting, then it's time to release them again. The earlier this is done- the better. We don't want someone to pay a standard rate of 200 diamonds for a clean ID a week before Easter, and then find out that Easter brings us free ID's for all x.x So, in between holidays, if there is need to release more ID's, they should be done through regular events.

Now that leaves FID's... maybe they should be/stay rare like event items. I really do NOT like the practice of releasing items in a common-form and then suddenly deciding to make them rare, but... well, there's no but, but it felt right to put that there. And in all actuality, I don't care if they're common or rare. Does anyone think FiD's should be common like ID's, or at least much more common?

Last edited by Ziro_of_the_Turks; 01-24-2008 at 08:42 AM..
Old 01-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Duergar
if my idea was implemented it would take care of most of the disappearing items =/

EM's and staff members wouldn't have to worry about people complaining that there rare item just got less rare.

If people are worried about noobs becoming rich. You could also make it so items that fall out of houses go into a new shop. Have a set price in plat or diamonds that these items should be sold for. make so many slots and the items can keep randomly replacing each other until all the items are sold. that system would probably be really hard to make though... but it would also keep prices down on most items.